Jul 20, 2016, 10:51 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62
I don't know nothin'... I got a big box full of broken quads.

Ps. Since you alerted me to latency, I'll just use the 808 for recording flight footage as originally planned And it's hard to time a flight when you're always crashing.
Oh Casey. It is not going to be a walk in the parků.LOL.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2016, 11:37 AM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Oh Casey. It is not going to be a walk in the parků.LOL.
There's might be more walking than flying going on at the park. I'm sure I'll be going to pick up the quad many times before I can keep it in the air.
Jul 20, 2016, 11:38 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Hard to choose, I like the handling of the Blade 185 the best, it can be thrown around and still follows orders right away, plus it's a very complete quad, GPS, black box, headlights, built in OSD and Low Voltage beeper. But it still hasn't re-appeared on the BG website.

The Tarot 130 is a little less wild, but can be made faster with re-tuning and different props. Haven't gone that route yet, so hard to tell how it would then compare to the other 4.

The Rodeo is very polished too, and despite just running 2S, very fast and punchy. The Devo 7 is a good transmitter, good range and stick control. It's just a bit bulky and heavy if you use NiMh cells instead of LiFe or LiPo as transmitter battery. A range-modded 7E would be more convenient.
Good stuff Solo.
Grayson hobbies has the Blade 185 RTF for $250, vs ~$230 for the Rodeo.
I'm reading on Rodeo thread now about how some are changing out the stock camera. Do you plan on doing this?
If I'm dropping $200+ on a quad I'd really like to not mess around with it much.
Jul 20, 2016, 01:36 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
Good stuff Solo.
I'm reading on Rodeo thread now about how some are changing out the stock camera. Do you plan on doing this?
If I'm dropping $200+ on a quad I'd really like to not mess around with it much.
Some guys change things for the sake of changing things. If some people are happy with the camera, chances are you will be too
Jul 20, 2016, 01:44 PM
new2rc15
I broke the front of the camera off and chipped the lens in my window crash, but amazingly, I pushed the lens barrel back in place and tested it to find that it works fine. WooHoo! For the next vid I'll hook up the camera, and set up my hat cam to record the monitor. I will still fly los, but I want to see what it looks like through the camera, flying fast without having to fpv yet

U807 Big Swoop 600 Graphene payload test (5 min 3 sec)
Jul 20, 2016, 03:24 PM
it is normal that the propellers do not fixed well on gear because the screw is too long?
Jul 20, 2016, 03:41 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Good stuff Solo.

The stock camera is not perfect. but can be used for FPV, judging by what my DVR recorded. It can handle fast motion, but lacks a bit focus and detail. A better camera will give a nicer picture. The 185 camera is a little better, based upon comparing DVR recordings, and it can easily be focused, if needed. But it's a little uncertain if there will be parts support for the Blade 185, while the 150 has good support for sure.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 20, 2016, 03:41 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Some guys change things for the sake of changing things. If some people are happy with the camera, chances are you will be too
Yeah you're right, some people are happy with the 807's yaw response so....

The guy that changed the 150's camera says it's got a wider FOV and better focus. I like those things.
It is unclear on gearbest how to make sure I'd get the US version's 200mW VTX vs the Euro 25mW. Hopefully any order going to the US has the more powerful VTX, but according to those on the thread there is no label, advice is to just see if the VTX gets "hot" or "very hot" to determine the power :/
I'd prefer something a bit more definitive.

Taking the X5C and 807 FPVers over to my father in law's tomorrow. He's a good ol boy, native east Texan, ex Coast Guard heli pilot and should get a kick out of looking through the headset while I fly.
Jul 20, 2016, 03:48 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Yeah you're right, some people are happy with the 807's yaw response so....

The guy that changed the 150's camera says it's got a wider FOV and better focus. I like those things.
It is unclear on gearbest how to make sure I'd get the US version's 200mW VTX vs the Euro 25mW. Hopefully any order going to the US has the more powerful VTX, but according to those on the thread there is no label, advice is to just see if the VTX gets "hot" or "very hot" to determine the power :/
I'd prefer something a bit more definitive.

Taking the X5C and 807 FPVers over to my father in law's tomorrow. He's a good ol boy, native east Texan, ex Coast Guard heli pilot and should get a kick out of looking through the headset while I fly.
Hey Kurt . getfpv.com sell a micro 200 mW VTX with antenna that weigh only 6 grams. Page 2 in FPV camera section. I am getting one to replace the 25 mW on my I200. They are in Florida.
Jul 20, 2016, 04:17 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I broke the front of the camera off and chipped the lens in my window crash, but amazingly, I pushed the lens barrel back in place and tested it to find that it works fine. WooHoo! For the next vid I'll hook up the camera, and set up my hat cam to record the monitor. I will still fly los, but I want to see what it looks like through the camera, flying fast without having to fpv yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06gREsUUQPs
She fly well. So smooth. Cool.
Jul 20, 2016, 05:21 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppe68
it is normal that the propellers do not fixed well on gear because the screw is too long?
The base or the prop should be flush against the face of the drive gear. The screws are long, but it should tighten up. I ruined 1 shaft crossthreading the screw, so take care...

[QUOTE=Kurt;35300736]Yeah you're right, some people are happy with the 807's yaw response so....
.[QUOTE]
Yeah, but that's only the guys who have graduated from fast hovering...

Easy test of your vtx: huge field, fly far.
Quote:
She fly well. So smooth. Cool.
Love that 807... thanks G!!
Jul 20, 2016, 05:25 PM
Flight for life
[QUOTE=casey62;35301443]The base or the prop should be flush against the face of the drive gear. The screws are long, but it should tighten up. I ruined 1 shaft crossthreading the screw, so take care...

[QUOTE=Kurt;35300736]Yeah you're right, some people are happy with the 807's yaw response so....
Quote:
Yeah, but that's only the guys who have graduated from fast hovering...

Easy test of your vtx: huge field, fly far.

Love that 807... thanks G!!
Very happy for you. You deserve to have fun.
Jul 20, 2016, 06:21 PM
new2rc15
I think all the electronics in my Devo have settled by now, so it's time to put its first set of batteries in and load Deviation so I can fly me tiny whoop
Jul 20, 2016, 07:05 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I think all the electronics in my Devo have settled by now, so it's time to put its first set of batteries in and load Deviation so I can fly me tiny whoop
I just think if that does not work. Just buy a used DX6 or better that can bind
with the Inductrix. Why is it so dam complicated ?. Buy American,,,,,LOL..
I do a lot. Your country economy rely on me and millions that shop USA.
Check getfpv.com you will get pretty excited but I know that the Hobby grade is sometimes exaggerated in $$. But they have nice stuff.
Jul 21, 2016, 12:42 AM
new2rc15
Quote:
I just think if that does not work. Just buy a used DX6 or better that can bind
with the Inductrix. Why is it so dam complicated ?. Buy American,,,,,LOL..
I do a lot. Your country economy rely on me and millions that shop USA.
Check getfpv.com you will get pretty excited but I know that the Hobby grade is sometimes exaggerated in $$. But they have nice stuff.
I have been ordering a lot of parts to rearrange my carbon fiber 210 frame. Full Naze acro with barometer and compass, 2206 motors, protectors, and 20amp ESC/bec /pdb combo, DAL 5045 triblade props, Flysky RX , 1300mah 4S battery, 800tvl micro camera, 600mw VTX, and filter, GT450 helicopter landing skid for belly mount battery and 808 V3, and GPS. I decided to quit pussyfootin' around and build a quad that I would surely lose flying l.o.s. if I punched the throttle. I think I'll break it on a FPV tree...

Quick Reply