Jun 27, 2016, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8JimBob88
Just took delivery of my U807 today. Wow, blows the pants off all the other toy quads I've had before.

Just a quick question, how do you recalibrate the gyro? Both sticks down right? Left? Middle? They all seem to do something but not sure what
1. Down left

- gyro calibration

2. Down right

- flip calibration with or without props
- down right LEDs flash quickly then calibrated for prop guards on
- down right LEDs flash slow calibrated for no prop guards
( if flying no prop guards you don't need to do this since already set to slow flashing on start up)

3. Down middle

- compass calibration (post 244, page 17) for headless. Doesn't work well. Try it for fun.

If you have the camera version, take a few videos then remove camera and never use it again.
Last edited by Gimp Man; Jun 27, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2016, 06:21 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
1. Down left

- gyro calibration

2. Down right

- flip calibration with or without props
- down right LEDs flash quickly then calibrated for prop guards on
- down right LEDs flash slow calibrated for no prop guards
( if flying no prop guards you don't need to do this since already set to slow flashing on start up)

3. Down middle

- compass calibration (post 244, page 17) for headless. Doesn't work well. Try it for fun.

If you have the camera version, take a few videos then remove camera and never use it again.
Good pointers GimpMan. Did you check out the Hobby shop next door ?
Jun 27, 2016, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Good pointers GimpMan. Did you check out the Hobby shop next door ?
Busy this week. On vacation next week so will check it out.
Jun 27, 2016, 07:59 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
Busy this week. On vacation next week so will check it out.
Ok then. Let me know your findings.
Jun 27, 2016, 08:16 PM
Just got my flash sale cam version U807 from GB. Thought they had screwed up my order when I saw how small the package was. New box is very small with 3 inner boxes. TX in one,
quad in one and battery, prop guards, camera etc in the last. Very different package but same quality bird on the inside. This is 807 number 3 for me. One and two still fly like new.
Couldn't resist for the price. She is my backup to my backup. Next up for me will be the Walkera rodeo 150 and down the road some goggles.
Jun 27, 2016, 08:23 PM
Huge field, little tree... WTH
Good evening gentlemen from the armpit of the south...
Jun 27, 2016, 08:52 PM
Upstanding Member
hola amigos - been gone a little while, busy modding my boy's RC vehicle (review here), but I'm back because today a plastic wrapped box arrived from China. Took me a second to realize what it was I had ordered... X100!!!! I love it when things take so long to be delivered I forget they'd been ordered...
Dusted off the 807 to limber up my thumbs while the tiny X-hunj charged, then took the little beastie up. WHOA! PUNCH OUT! She's got mad thrust. Y'all would be disappointed though with the Syma-like yaw (very smooth and precise though) but she loves no-button flips even more than the 807.
Had to try out 3D mode once even though I was over hard concrete. Crashed in about 5 seconds, as expected.
Looking forward to taking her out the park over nice soft grass and being very frustrated trying to fly true 3D.
tally ho!

forgot to add: great pics of the glider Geo! That is the same type I flew in. About how many flights have you made? I'm jealous, that's a truly awesome thing to have.
Last edited by Kurt; Jun 28, 2016 at 06:15 AM.
Jun 27, 2016, 10:39 PM
Oh 807. Flying the 807 and xk 251 tonight. 807 is simply more fun with 1/3 the power. No where near as fast as the 251, but just an awesome handling machine.
Jun 27, 2016, 11:14 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoman812
Good evening gentlemen from the armpit of the south...
Danoman?!?!
Jun 27, 2016, 11:42 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
hola amigos - been gone a little while, busy modding my boy's RC vehicle (review here), but I'm back because today a plastic wrapped box arrived from China. Took me a second to realize what it was I had ordered... X100!!!! I love it when things take so long to be delivered I forget they'd been ordered...
Dusted off the 807 to limber up my thumbs while the tiny X-hunj charged, then took the little beastie up. WHOA! PUNCH OUT! She's got mad thrust. Y'all would be disappointed though with the Syma-like yaw (very smooth and precise though) but she loves no-button flips even more than the 807.
Had to try out 6G mode once even though I was over hard concrete. Crashed in about 5 seconds, as expected.
Looking forward to taking her out the park over nice soft grass and being very frustrated trying to fly true 3D.
tally ho!

forgot to add: great pics of the glider Geo! That is the same type I flew in. About how many flights have you made? I'm jealous, that's a truly awesome thing to have.
All the different abbreviation styles they come up with really grind my gears... 3D, 3G, 6G, acro, horizon, ratittude, etc. etc. There's 3 axis, 6 axis, and variations thereof. If you can actually "fly" the quad in 3 axis, then you're a skilled flyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Oh 807. Flying the 807 and xk 251 tonight. 807 is simply more fun with 1/3 the power. No where near as fast as the 251, but just an awesome handling machine.
A precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics... watch out for that yaw now; it's a doozy
Jun 28, 2016, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Had to try out 6G mode once even though I was over hard concrete. Crashed in about 5 seconds, as expected.
tally ho!

That car is cool. We once had a fake (unlicensed) big mercedes amg model for my eldest daughter with RC control and mp3 player build in. Those knockoff models had more to offer and accesoiries than the established brands a couple of years ago, just like the quadcopters now
Last week i intoduced my 3 year old boy with his first RC car model. He is very happy with it and i bought two more to "race" at home with the kids.

Please tell me you bought the xk100 rtf and you like the tx alot. I am motivating myself to buy the rtf, but dont read good things about it.
Jun 28, 2016, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62
All the different abbreviation styles they come up with really grind my gears... 3D, 3G, 6G, acro, horizon, ratittude, etc. etc. There's 3 axis, 6 axis, and variations thereof. If you can actually "fly" the quad in 3 axis, then you're a skilled flyer.
I can fly helis and quads in three axis and I still suck.

So let's add another flight mode to the mix. We'll call it 3g istillsuck
Jun 28, 2016, 05:19 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
tally ho!

You mean 3G mode, no self leveling, right? In 6G mode it takes some unreal skill to make it crash in 5 seconds.

Yaw on the X100 is nice indeed, one of the best tuned yaw response I've seen.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 28, 2016, 06:24 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
You mean 3G mode, no self leveling, right? In 6G mode it takes some unreal skill to make it crash in 5 seconds.

Yaw on the X100 is nice indeed, one of the best tuned yaw response I've seen.
doh yes of course, 3G/3D. That was Jim Beam typing.

Just gave her a short garage flight (nothing like a Casey GF of course) and it seems that low/high rates changes yaw as well as P/R. On high rates yaw is somewhere between 807 and X5C, or just about perfect.
Definitely another level of sportiness with available thrust on tap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
That car is cool. We once had a fake (unlicensed) big mercedes amg model for my eldest daughter with RC control and mp3 player build in. Those knockoff models had more to offer and accesoiries than the established brands a couple of years ago, just like the quadcopters now
Last week i intoduced my 3 year old boy with his first RC car model. He is very happy with it and i bought two more to "race" at home with the kids.

Please tell me you bought the xk100 rtf and you like the tx alot. I am motivating myself to buy the rtf, but dont read good things about it.
I spent an inordinate amount of time researching those kid cars (including almost an hour in Toys-R-Us closely inspecting all the PowerWheels) before buying the F-Type. It's supposedly officially licensed by Jag, leaping cats and Jag badges on just about every panel, but the instruction manual is a hilariously Chinglish filled, photocopied thing. Not much out there on it since it was just released a month ago, only one review on amazon and no YT vids before I bought so it was bit of a leap of faith. Really impressed with it though. The seller loved the video and said they're getting in several new cars soon and will send me one free if I review it like the Jag, super cool if he does (and it's not a pink Barbie pickup truck or the like).
When the boy gets bigger I can see buying a used Power Wheels Dune Racer off Craigslist for <$100 and modding it for 24V and a fully proportional throttle with this kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modified-Pow...-/191574238035

Only 2 flights so far but I do like the feel of the X100 TX! About a hundred times better than the remote for the RC Jaguar
Just have to adjust to pushing in the left stick for lo/hi rates but overall fits my hands well and the stick precision feels quite good to me.
But aren't you saving up for a decent FPV headset?!
Last edited by Kurt; Jun 28, 2016 at 06:42 AM.
Jun 28, 2016, 06:41 AM
Flight for life
Quote:

Thanks I flew with my dad in the Blanik for 10 years only and about 60 flights.
My sea sickness was always giving me a bad time when in huge thermals.
So my dad mostly flew with my older brother(the jet pilot). I enjoyed flying the student glider (Schweizer 2-33). We quit flying full size after 10 years since my dad had a motorcycle accident and could not sit in the cockpit anymore. So he purchased a Flying Scott sailboat(day sailer) and I was getting more involved in RC gliders(1975). Also started racing sailboats. Won a few medals. (420 class). Went up to Junior Canada games representing my Province.
After did some big 8 meter Class racing on lake Ontario in Toronto and New York State (Sodus Point, Sodus Bay Yacht Club). Was a crew with a fantastic boat called Kanewago. And old winner of the Canada cup but all refitted with modern equipment. And after racing more sailboats(30 foot size) in Montreal at the Royal St-Lawrence Yacht Club. Now just flying Rc helicopters and Quads. I still have one glider and will go at least once this year. The Glider club is about 1 hrs from Montreal and time is not on my side. So maybe. In the mean time I started flying indoors FPV. A bit outdoors but we got so much wind.
Soon I should be ok flying FPV in windy days.
Good luck to you with your sons car.
Last edited by geotric; Jun 28, 2016 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply