Jun 20, 2016, 02:37 PM
I think i am going to buy a syma fpv kit. When i am back i will buy a transmitter and camera all in one or diy. The syma screen has 8 channel selection so i could "bind" another fpv camera like the quanum or my mate808 with that small transmitter yes?
Better than on phone for which i already have to pay around 30usd to get up and running (easycap+transmitter+extras).
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2016, 02:57 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino View Post
I think i am going to buy a syma fpv kit. When i am back i will buy a transmitter and camera all in one or diy. The syma screen has 8 channel selection so i could "bind" another fpv camera like the quanum or my mate808 with that small transmitter yes?
Better than on phone for which i already have to pay around 30usd to get up and running (easycap+transmitter+extras).
Oh well . You must know what you are doing. I am not aware of the Flintstone technology . OUPS Casey is coming……LOL. Hey if it works for you I am happy and We all are happy for you. Just have fun doing it.
Jun 20, 2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric View Post
Oh well . You must know what you are doing. I am not aware of the Flintstone technology . OUPS Casey is coming……LOL. Hey if it works for you I am happy and We all are happy for you. Just have fun doing it.
Ok sarcasmalot I get it...But ive found this kit for 30 euros on ebay. Paypal trigger finger is itching.
Maybe not that good idea to do then...
But for the ones interested:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252375216421
Jun 20, 2016, 03:29 PM
With Syma kit ( personally I would buy just the replacement camera. ) and get Eachine VR 800 goggles. Cost would be $30 more but worth it. U can fly everything you own FPV by just adding Velcro.
http://www.banggood.com/SYMA-X5C-1-X...p-1024972.html
These
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-0...-p-960761.html
Or
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EV80...p-1053357.html
Jun 20, 2016, 03:31 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano View Post
With Syma kit ( personally I would buy just the replacement camera. ) and get Eachine VR 800 goggles. Cost would be $30 more but worth it. U can fly everything you own FPV by just adding Velcro.
+ 1. I am all for that.
Jun 20, 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Ok sarcasmalot I get it...But ive found this kit for 30 euros on ebay. Paypal trigger finger is itching.
Maybe not that good idea to do then...
I have the XK X250 FPV kit, can use it on other quadcopters?

The syma kit have 4.3 inch monitor, the XK X250 monitor how many inch have?

the syma X5C / XK X250 monitor have pixels width x height?

can use this?
Jun 20, 2016, 03:37 PM
Quote:
When I calculate it is about EUR 33.80, a good price of course, but I think you're a bit too optimistic
Jun 20, 2016, 03:41 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Canino. To be frank with you. FPV is only FPV if you got goggles ,gas mask or other device that separate you from the real world. The rest , monitor ,phone or tablets are not true FPV. It is for sissies . Good luck Anyways.
PS. To have the FPV feeling you need at least a 32 inches monitor.
Jun 20, 2016, 03:56 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
FWIW I never got my Syma LCD screen/VRX to display video from the Quanum. Maybe it can be done, but don't see why you'd want to.
I've said it before, but once more the Syma cam needs a wider angle lens for decent FOV, and the image quality is much worse than the Quanum cam (which comes with a nice wide FOV lens).
It sounds like you don't have much money to waste, so don't throw it down the toilet on the Syma kit.
Save up a little bit and do what several others have recommended: ~$/Euro 100 goggles + $40 Quanum cam/VTX.
It's not worth saving a few bucks for a crappy FPV experience that will end up in the trash.

edit: sorry, I forgot that you're the guy that doesn't want to look like a "dork" wearing a proper FPV headset. Go right ahead and ignore our (experienced) suggestions. You'll look very cool throwing money away on a disappointing, half assed FPV setup.
Hey, Syma can probably use your funds to help develop a brushless, full acro quad!
Ciao
Last edited by Kurt; Jun 20, 2016 at 04:05 PM.
Jun 20, 2016, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric View Post
Canino. To be frank with you. FPV is only FPV if you got goggles ,gas mask or other device that separate you from the real world. The rest , monitor ,phone or tablets are not true FPV. It is for sissies . Good luck Anyways.
PS. To have the FPV feeling you need at least a 32 inches monitor.
Ok ok i guess you are all right. I was a bit optimistic. Regarding phone and monitor: i was planning to go diy goggles. (Like quanum diy goggles and separate rx and tx for use with mate 808 for flying with bigger quads) Why specifically my phone?: it has alot higher pixel density and nicer screen than those readymade cheaper goggles plus it has recording capability (micro cam footage). I know the fpv footage is not hd, but seeying the individuals pixels is annoying.
Summed up i was thinking (too cheap) by using a separate single tx and single rx for multi use (phone for recording and monitor for pure fpv) (single transmitter for mate 808 and later on for a microcam).
I will probably save up and go for the eachine option as i found out the latency with phone is higher than i tought. But no recording then.

@Kurt: dorkpower!!! There, i just came out. Now i am going upstairs and cry.
Last edited by canino; Jun 20, 2016 at 04:43 PM.
Jun 20, 2016, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Ok ok i guess you are all right. I was a bit optimistic. Regarding phone and monitor: i was planning to go diy goggles. (Like quanum diy goggles and separate rx and tx for use with mate 808 for flying with bigger quads) Why specifically my phone?: it has alot higher pixel density and nicer screen than those readymade cheaper goggles plus it has recording capability (micro cam footage). I know the fpv footage is not hd, but seeying the individuals pixels is annoying.
Summed up i was thinking (too cheap) by using a separate single tx and single rx for multi use (phone for recording and monitor for pure fpv) (single transmitter for mate 808 and later on for a microcam).
I will probably save up and go for the eachine option as i found out the latency with phone is higher than i tought. But no recording then.

Same here, but I'm already upstairs. I'm still wanting to go for the phone apparatus though, and because I'm not going to be racing, it seems it might be OK. Less heavy, easy to DIY all the way at low cost, good resolution, and recording.
Jun 20, 2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
Same here, but I'm already upstairs. I'm still wanting to go for the phone apparatus though, and because I'm not going to be racing, it seems it might be OK. Less heavy, easy to DIY all the way at low cost, good resolution, and recording.
And what camera are you planning to use. The quanum type or the diy BG camera?
Jun 20, 2016, 06:28 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:

There may be latency with the phone, but there's DEFINITELY latency running FPV through an 808 (or Mobius, or GoPro, or Syma kit, any other recording camera). If you want to record without significantly high latency, you either need a dedicated 808/Mobius/GoPro in addition to the FPV cam (will give you 720+ video) or a DVR on the headset (NTSC/PAL recording, and records any signal interference, but no extra weight on the quad).
This video was recorded with a $25 HMDVR on my Headplays, sent from a Quanum cam. Not as good image quality as what I see in the headset, but not terrible.
Cheap FPV Throwdown Part 2: Syma X5C (June 2016) (4 min 29 sec)
Jun 20, 2016, 06:39 PM
I have not been able to fly by phone ( WiFi ). The screen is too shinny . I see my own image like a mirror. Also with all my Monitor FPV quads. Same problem glare. ........and as said if u can look out at it LOS and it blows the whole experience. Strangest think for ne was to see myself sitting in a chair as I flew by
Jun 20, 2016, 06:58 PM
Nice flying. Are you using the stock 120 degree fov lens in your quanum cameras, or replaced with 2.8 mm with 90 degree? I'm about to order from bg.

I flew both x5c and 807 today with my finally finished devo 7e tx. It took me months and was a real pain, but improvement in flying so impressive it was all worth it. Your pic reminded me I came in and put both stock tx's away.

Quick Reply