May 16, 2016, 06:52 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Here not much of anything, Not much sun not much rain. But lots of freaky wind. I once worked near the Foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Boy it was windy about 355 days in a year. And when we got a no wind day, it was eerie
It would be like stepping to shore after being out to sea for weeks. The land would makes you dizzy for a while. I get to fly the G 700 on the sim. I am quite good now just zipping around and being able to bring her back and land in all kind of landscape. I fly in idle 1.
That's one of the reasons I love the 807 so much. It's windy here a good deal of the time. The X1 wouldn't have any trouble with a 40km wind if it weren't for the wonky yaw response. You can still fly it, but it sure wobbles when it overshoots the windstream.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2016, 07:42 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62
That's one of the reasons I love the 807 so much. It's windy here a good deal of the time. The X1 wouldn't have any trouble with a 40km wind if it weren't for the wonky yaw response. You can still fly it, but it sure wobbles when it overshoots the windstream.
Yes the U 807 is the key in high winds. If it wasn't for the tiny droplets of water. I would fly . Last saturday was very windy but not shifty . A strong South West wind. So it flew very well.Same as the G 380 . Could not go back and fly the 500 Sport on grounds that the bridge was close and lots of cars pilled up . I fly next to that bridge. It is the busiest bridge in Canada. Champlain Bridge. But it is falling apart.
And today was a great G day. I had placed a coment on a video from Simone Zunterer ( a G girl from Germany) flying the G 770. And she PM me back. Wow I think I am going to Germany to learn how to fly the G's like a German woman pilot….LOL. But she is really good,she is just like Bert's sister.
Last edited by geotric; May 16, 2016 at 08:02 PM.
May 16, 2016, 08:53 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Yes the U 807 is the key in high winds. If it wasn't for the tiny droplets of water. I would fly . Last saturday was very windy but not shifty . A strong South West wind. So it flew very well.Same as the G 380 . Could not go back and fly the 500 Sport on grounds that the bridge was close and lots of cars pilled up . I fly next to that bridge. It is the busiest bridge in Canada. Champlain Bridge. But it is falling apart.
And today was a great G day. I had placed a coment on a video from Simone Zunterer ( a G girl from Germany) flying the G 770. And she PM me back. Wow I think I am going to Germany to learn how to fly the G's like a German woman pilot….LOL. But she is really good,she is just like Bert's sister.
If you go to Germany for lessons, when you come back, I'm going to say you fly like a girl.

5045 props are the smoothest flying so far

JJRC X1 finally smooths out (3 min 4 sec)
Last edited by casey62; May 16, 2016 at 09:10 PM.
May 16, 2016, 09:30 PM
Quote:
If you go to Germany for lessons, when you come back, I'm going to say you fly like a girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNjk...ature=youtu.be
With those props, when you take it outside the flying will be real smooth in 2 beep rate. I been doing some 3 beep flying. In the highest rate it has amazing straight line speed but harder to turn smoothly. At least for me. You should do better.

Also, be careful with the binding. I had an indoor fly away where it did not bind but suddenly the motors started with the tx off. It's happened a few other times but I learned to disconnect the battery quick with props spinning. ie. battery door mod is a must
May 16, 2016, 11:00 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
With those props, when you take it outside the flying will be real smooth in 2 beep rate. I been doing some 3 beep flying. In the highest rate it has amazing straight line speed but harder to turn smoothly. At least for me. You should do better.

Also, be careful with the binding. I had an indoor fly away where it did not bind but suddenly the motors started with the tx off. It's happened a few other times but I learned to disconnect the battery quick with props spinning. ie. battery door mod is a must
I did the battery door mod almost immediately. I hate battery doors. I haven't flown it in rate 3 much, as it was already unstable in quick turns in rate 2. It will lose some thrust with the smaller props, but possibly gain enough stability to fly in rate 3. It obviously doesn't need landing legs or feet., so just like all other quads I've had with them, they got deleted.
May 17, 2016, 12:22 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:

Outside the difference will be even bigger, as you've seen on my X1 vids in windy conditions, it cuts into the breeze with relative ease with the bull nose props. I am using Eachine 5046BN, not sure if there is any difference with the more common 5045BN, or whether the Eachine props are actually 5045, but they just wanted to make it sound like these are better, by adding 46 instead of 45.

If I was still flying with the stock props, I would either have sold the X1, or scavenged for the motors and maybe ESC board.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 17, 2016, 01:42 AM
OMG, you have to see this! I just found out that there is a conspiracy behind the latest drone crash incidents.
Crab people are taking down drones! (1 min 2 sec)
May 17, 2016, 05:51 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopterGeza
OMG, you have to see this! I just found out that there is a conspiracy behind the latest drone crash incidents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSP2Quinwq8
It must be a joke in your country, very funny. But work on the orientation, you won't need to land in a panic.
Last edited by geotric; May 17, 2016 at 06:00 AM.
May 17, 2016, 07:18 AM
new2rc15
Quote:
It must be a joke in your country, very funny. But work on the orientation, you won't need to land in a panic.
I don't get it.
May 17, 2016, 07:27 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
I don't get it.
Good morning Sir Casey. Yes it must be a private joke . And he goes flying behind the trees going towards the houses. Lost orientation and force landing. But he wanted to make a joke out of it. I am going to the garage to change the front right ball joint on my old car. After that she will be like new.
Got some good Good Year tires last week. It is like a new carů.
May 17, 2016, 10:17 AM
Champ Fan
Just got my first Nihui today. Its was rocky start. Packaging is neat and separate boxes for everything. Hoped that in one box will be camera despite that I ordered RTF version but there was just spare parts and prop guards

My first impressions -
1. Wow it's so heavy ! (Much heavier than my MJX X800 that flied away 2 weeks ago - it landing gear arrived today too.
2. Legs seemed fragile and they bend easy as I expected because of those huge transparent plastics for leds.
3. Manual was poor.
4. Huge TX ! Was thinking thats it's an upgrade from Playstation type transmitter my MJX have but when I started to fly it felt so lame in hands and sticks felt cheap and awkward, but after few minutes flying it I forgot about it.
5. The wind was quite big but and in beginners mode it barely could fight it. So quad seemed realy lame. Shutting down and falling down at 20-30% trottle was pain in the ass too. Didnt knew how to set higher rate but later it somehow went to sporty mode and it was amazing - it was flying against wind easy and felt really agile - can't compare with my X800. U807 turned so fast and changed direction at high speed fast as hell. Its really fast too - those extra 50m control range over 100m comes in handy. Only thing thats similar as X800 is that it does loses altitude with full stick forward at high speed. When I learned to fly it more agressive then throttle bug became less of a problem.

Overall Im satisfied and understand why everyone likes it so much. Despite that there could be a lot of improvements especially for TX its a fun quad.

Now charging its original battery for first time - first flight I flied it with my X800 750 mah battery - too tick for for that nice battery bay but fixed it under it with ice cream stick and rubber band.

Wow its shows that battery is already full - really 30 min and thats it? My MJX battery needed 90 min charge.
Last edited by haikss; May 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM.
May 17, 2016, 12:45 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by haikss
Just got my first Nihui today. Its was rocky start. Packaging is neat and separate boxes for everything. Hoped that in one box will be camera despite that I ordered RTF version but there was just spare parts and prop guards

My first impressions -
1. Wow it's so heavy ! (Much heavier than my MJX X800 that flied away 2 weeks ago - it landing gear arrived today too.
2. Legs seemed fragile and they bend easy as I expected because of those huge transparent plastics for leds.
3. Manual was poor.
4. Huge TX ! Was thinking thats it's an upgrade from Playstation type transmitter my MJX have but when I started to fly it felt so lame in hands and sticks felt cheap and awkward, but after few minutes flying it I forgot about it.
5. The wind was quite big but and in beginners mode it barely could fight it. So quad seemed realy lame. Shutting down and falling down at 20-30% trottle was pain in the ass too. Didnt knew how to set higher rate but later it somehow went to sporty mode and it was amazing - it was flying against wind easy and felt really agile - can't compare with my X800. U807 turned so fast and changed direction at high speed fast as hell. Its really fast too - those extra 50m control range over 100m comes in handy. Only thing thats similar as X800 is that it does loses altitude with full stick forward at high speed. When I learned to fly it more agressive then throttle bug became less of a problem.

Overall Im satisfied and understand why everyone likes it so much. Despite that there could be a lot of improvements especially for TX its a fun quad.

Now charging its original battery for first time - first flight I flied it with my X800 750 mah battery - too tick for for that nice battery bay but fixed it under it with ice cream stick and rubber band.

Wow its shows that battery is already full - really 30 min and thats it? My MJX battery needed 90 min charge.
Glad to hear you are getting the hang of it. Here is a pointer for next flight in wind.
May 17, 2016, 03:05 PM
Time goes slow, when you dont have a respectable arsenal and are waiting for a slow boat carrying your spare parts and new quads.
So i did my first quad "brain transplant".

I blew out a transistor on the h8.
Having not enough spares i deliberately reversed the polarity on a single spare motor and it gave me a nice smoke to inhale. was short on cigarettes so no biggie. Now i had a dead cool looking quad that i wanted to use for spares.
It looks more menacing this way. And flies better than the spider.

Floureon h101 brain transplant into h8 mini (1 min 34 sec)

It is really growing on me this hobby and i start to look for flaws or possible upgrades, just to tinker with them. Maybe even more than flying itself. Just ordered an st-link to try out acro.
Last edited by canino; May 17, 2016 at 03:26 PM.
May 17, 2016, 05:37 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopterGeza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSP2Quinwq8
Have always said that people who persecute drone flyers are being shellfish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
Time goes slow, when you dont have a respectable arsenal and are waiting for a slow boat carrying your spare parts and new quads.

Having not enough spares i deliberately reversed the polarity on a single spare motor and it gave me a nice smoke to inhale. was short on cigarettes so no biggie. Now i had a dead cool looking quad that i wanted to use for spares.
It looks more menacing this way. And flies better than the spider.

https://youtu.be/dJLqfmj1T6g

It is really growing on me this hobby and i start to look for flaws or possible upgrades, just to tinker with them. Maybe even more than flying itself. Just ordered an st-link to try out acro.
Nice bwain transplant, and a very cool vid. Love the beginning especially.
May 17, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino

It looks more menacing this way. And flies better

https://youtu.be/dJLqfmj1T6g

Nice video. Nice transplant. I am waiting for one of my h8 minis to die so I can do the same.

I received the JJRC H22 inverted flyer today. I don't think it is any better than the h101. But it does look cooler with it's double canopy design. And overall it has better build quality. Flying wise it feels heavier and is noisier when inverted. But it does have lots more pitch/speed in higher rates. Might be better outdoors. One plus is JJ1000 250 mah batteries fit.

Keep posting videos. They are always well done and very entertaining.
Last edited by Gimp Man; May 17, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply