This is what I fly on the 4th of July.
Cool.
Did you try it in FPV ?
Jul 04, 2020, 04:38 PM
Flight for life
Oh well shopping time.
Jul 05, 2020, 02:48 PM
4th of July Weekend Celebrations

You gots to fly like an Eagle (american eagle rc airplane) (1 min 46 sec)

The Eagle has landed (or crashed) american eagle rc airplane (1 min 11 sec)

PS. Not ideal for FPV. The z51 fcb has a bird brain and hard to control.
Jul 06, 2020, 06:48 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
4th of July Weekend Celebrations
https://youtu.be/NzgaGkmylyw
https://youtu.be/kJdJsRRXRCo
PS. Not ideal for FPV. The z51 fcb has a bird brain and hard to control.
Cool.
Good flying Gimp Man.
Thanks for sharing.
Jul 06, 2020, 06:49 AM
Flight for life
Oh this would be like on the Eagle flight.

GoPro Awards: Wingsuiter Flies Through Narrow Hole Over 400ft Canyon in 4K (1 min 1 sec)
Jul 10, 2020, 07:04 AM
Flight for life
Ahh TGIF.
Happy flying everyone .

COFPV - 2020 Hartsel - Fixed wing chases (6 min 43 sec)
Jul 18, 2020, 02:52 PM
Well, a work friend gave this basically new 20 plus year old nitro heli to me. Took a while to get get going, but finally! Wow. These old helis are sure slugs with some rubbery handling and sooo slow.

Neat though. Hope you are all well.

Kyosho Nexus 30 retro flight. Almost there. Loop at 3 min x sec. Camera slid down my sweaty head unf (8 min 35 sec)

Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk
Jul 20, 2020, 02:03 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Same with some vintage rc cars, handling and power are usually less crisp than the newer stuff. But still fun.

Very new, and also fun is this Mustang. My flying buddy asked me to assemble it and do the maiden:

Testing the HobbyKing 750mm wingspan Mustang "Moonbeam McSwine" for a friend (2 min 4 sec)
Jul 20, 2020, 04:39 AM
I was looking at that one when it was available from the local warehouse here Solo. After stalling the new XK A160 in a couple of times yesterday I think I did right leaving it for someone with better skills. Mini Sport Cub flew a treat in mid mode in the nice calm sunny conditions though.
They suit us old fellahs. We should have grabbed a couple more when they were cheap.
Jul 20, 2020, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztreecrasher
I was looking at that one when it was available from the local warehouse here Solo. After stalling the new XK A160 in a couple of times yesterday I think I did right leaving it for someone with better skills. Mini Sport Cub flew a treat in mid mode in the nice calm sunny conditions though.
They suit us old fellahs. We should have grabbed a couple more when they were cheap.

I haven't done a hard stall test with the Mustang, but I did go pretty slow, and it handled fine so far. I was a bit scared to fly it, because it's so pretty, and it's not mine. Especially after struggling a bit with taxi behavior, I considered just letting my flying buddy do the maiden. But once in the air, it feels very locked in. The rolls and loops I made were on the first battery, right after another short 2 minute flight, staying in self leveling mode. I can't compare to the A160, as I don't have it, but the Mustang felt very comfortable.

Did you stall the A160 during flight, or landing approach?

The Sport Cub 500 is nice, had it been brushless, I would already have bought 2.
Jul 20, 2020, 06:03 AM
Mostly turning too fast and into the occasional burst of breeze. Just bad skills made worse by the toy transmitter.
If they do ship the newer versions with s-bus and dsm satellite ports it should be much better.
Jul 20, 2020, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztreecrasher
Mostly turning too fast and into the occasional burst of breeze. Just bad skills made worse by the toy transmitter.
If they do ship the newer versions with s-bus and dsm satellite ports it should be much better.

A good transmitter makes a big difference. I feel more comfortable with the X8 and X520, than with the S720 and it's toy grade controller. When I am finished with the Mustang, and it's been reunited with it's owner, I should try an sbus receiver on the S720.
Jul 23, 2020, 09:23 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Well, a work friend gave this basically new 20 plus year old nitro heli to me. Took a while to get get going, but finally! Wow. These old helis are sure slugs with some rubbery handling and sooo slow.
Neat though. Hope you are all well.
https://youtu.be/nTS3Kih_J38
Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk
Cool R.
I hope you do not burn the forest if that nitro bird crashes .
Yes here we are all healthy .
So much wind to fly so I ride the Ebike and having fun .
Good luck with the rest.
Jul 23, 2020, 12:05 PM
Never flew nitro, much prefer electric, though the sound of a nice 4-stroke rc engine can be very nice.

Here are some more flights with my flying buddy's 750mm wingspan Mustang.

Longer test flight with the HobbyKing 750mm wingspan Mustang, including a "touch and go" landing (4 min 34 sec)

Second part of the latest test flight with the HobbyKing 750mm Mustang (2 min 32 sec)

Quick Reply