Feb 09, 2015, 06:21 AM
New Product

Nihui U807. The one that started it all. Welcome to the highly addictive U807 family.

Nihui U807
One of the best and for many THE best Latrax Alias clone.

Price alert! U807 with camera can be currently bought from Banggood for $32.80 plus shipping using the code 'bgu807'. Click here to get this special price.

Description:
Copter battery: 3.7V 650mAh LiPo
Remote distance: Above 150m
Charging time: 120mins
Flying time: 10-12mins
Functions: 40 / 60 / 80EPA, 360 degree eversion, photo / video recording, headless mode, jam protection, with magnetic compass

2.0MP HD camera can give you a great experience to overlook the world from the sky. With headless mode function, it can come back easily in any direction. 3 flight modes for beginner, advanced and expert. Auto - leveling 3D flips, rolls, and twists stumbling drone with magnetic compass. 3 speed modes for slow, normal, and fast fly.

Name: 1423019380184-P-2409599.jpg
Views: 462
Size: 31.5 KB
Description: Name: 201502041853288387.jpg
Views: 503
Size: 90.8 KB
Description: Name: 201502041850541205a.jpg
Views: 464
Size: 126.8 KB
Description:

Plus it looks like it has 200MP camera Magnetic compass?

Name: 201502041853258366.jpg
Views: 698
Size: 109.0 KB
Description: Name: 201502041853271451.jpg
Views: 509
Size: 84.5 KB
Description: Name: 201502041853289707.jpg
Views: 946
Size: 163.8 KB
Description:

Radio is awesome What were they thinking smoking?

Available from:

UPDATE (24/08/16)
U807 is currently sold out at most places. It's still available from Banggood for $32.80 + Shipping with the 20% OFF coupon code 'bgu807'. The non camera version costs only $3 less so it's probably not worth mentioning. The other retailer that still has a non camera U807 in stock is TomTop. It costs $42.79 with free shipping. It's almost the same as the camera version from Banggood. So unless the shipping from Banggood is very expensive to your location it will not be worth getting from them.

Banggood was a bit late to the party but now they stock U807 and spare parts. All available from Banggood website here. They do not offer free shipping for U807 any more. The non camera version is available for $38.08 and the camera one for $40.99. There is also 20% off coupon code 'bgu807' available. The shipping should be around $8-12 depending on location but it should be faster service (it's $8 shipping to UK for 5-8 working days service, which is not bad).

GEARBEST. Currently (24/08/16) Gearbest is Out Of Stock.
--> U807 White - no camera ---> Black, no camera - Out Of Stock
--> U807 White with camera ---> Black, with camera - Out Of Stock.

It's also available from EVERBUYING (white no camera for Out Of Stock and white with camera Out of Stock) or Dealsmachine - only BNF version available.

Currently all the big Chinese retailers (Banggood, Gearbest, Everbuiyng and Dealsmachine) seem to have similar prices. Dealsmachine and Banggood don't offer free shipping now but the product itself is a bit cheaper. The prices for U807 went up a few months ago and currently there are no special offers running apart from Banggood offering 20% off. As the prices change very often it's always worth checking the links to see which retailer is the cheapest or simply to check for special deals before buying. Also do not forget to check ebay as very often it's possible to get a good deal there.

NOTE: It's also available as a BNF Version from Dealsmachine for $19.49 plus shipping (white) or from Gearbest for $27.39 (white) - Out Of Stock. The transmitter, battery and charger are not included in this version. Good for spares or as a cheaper option if you have a compatible radio available.

Ball bearings / bushings NOTE:
There are reports that the latest U807s are shipped with bushings instead of ball bearings. This may be just a batch but they also might have changed it altogether. Not sure whether this affects the performance and to what degree.

The replacement ball bearings can be purchased from Banggood here. They cost $4.99 for 10. They are also available on eBay or Aliexpress for a little bit less if you shop around. Dimensions to look for are: 3x6x2mm.

DEVIATION Compatibility:
CHECK.

Great news. According to vasiliy_gr (check this post) U807 works fine with Deviation using a nightly with new Flysky extensions. Many thanks for testing and reporting.
Anyone with Devo most likely knows this. For those who don't - to have the Flysky protocol on Devo apart from installing Deviation software from www.deviationtx.com you will also need an A7105 module. It can be purchased from Banggood. I have Devo 7E radio as for me it has the best combination of features I need in a compact body with a very good price attached to it.

Spare parts:
Spares are now available from Banggood here. Also from Gearbest here.
Direct links:
- Propellers - set of two.
- Light covers - set of two.
- Main gear and Gear Shaft
- Canopy - upper cover.
- Battery - original 650mAh
- Motors: clockwise and counter clockwise.
- Transmitter
Spare parts are also available from Dealsmachine and Everbuying - they are a few cents more expensive from there but it's worth keeping in mind in case Gearbest is out of stock.
There are still no other spares available so if you break the frame you are out of luck.

REPLACEMENT MOTORS
Motors are 8.5x20mm so it shouldn't be hard to find replacements. According to the user reports the best ones currently available are:
- Chaoli Motors from Banggood. They are most likely not as powerful as the Dark ones sold by MicroMotorWarehouse but they are much cheaper. They should perform similarly to the standard 8.5mm Chaoli from MMW though. Also, they do not come with pinions.
- V636 motors directly from WlToys. These are quite pricey but come with pinions so should be a direct swap.
- WlToys V949 Motors - there was one report that the motors for V949 may not be as powerful as V636 ones. Not sure how big the difference is and also it could have been a dodgy batch.
- Possibly Hubsan H107C/D motors can be fitted on U807 (spare pinion gears should come with U807). Check this post for some more details. Hubsan motors can be bought from: Banggood or TMart It's best to check the length of the shaft if buying motors from a new source to make sure it's long enough.

And of course... Let's don't forget about the D A R K side. If you are not scared and think are ready to cross just visit THE DARK SIDE.

REPLACEMENT BATTERIES - !!!Always verify polarity especially when buying non stock batteries!!!
The original battery dimmensions are as follows: 46mm x 24mm x 8mm. The longest battery that would fit inside the bay is around 52mm. Anything longer than 52mm will stick out but many people managed to fly with longer batteries and apparently it doesn't cause any problems or change the flight characteristics. It's possible to fit wider batteries - up to about 25mm without any mods, and between 25 to 31mm with the inside tabs trimming. Don't forget to check battery measurements as this info is normally available on-line. As always, putting heavy batteries does not necessarily translate to the longer fly times and may put more stress on the motors.
There was a report (link here) that a 1200mAh battery from a Heli-Max can be fitted with no problems. So if you feel andventerous you can try this one as it's slightly smaller:
--> Nine Eagle Galaxy Visitor 1200mAh from Banggood.
A few examples of replacement batteries can be found below:
--> GOO 750mAh x5 or GOO 750mAh x1 from Bangood. Or the same from TMart - these may require a slight tabs trim as are a bit wider than stock.
(Personally can't recommend GOO batteries as the one I have doesn't perform very well. Your mileage may vary as I might have received a dodgy cell)
--> JJRC 750mAh x5 or JJRC 750mAh x1
--> HM1315 700mAh x 3 - slightly thinner so requires a bit of tape to fit tighter.
--> My personal favourites at the moment are cells from: http://mylipo.de/. Would definitely recommend giving them a try. Quality stuff.

The first quads have landed so is the first review by t00nz843z:
Nihui Toys U807 Drone Test Flight (13 min 43 sec)

There are plenty more videos further in the thread.
Last edited by czajunia; Aug 24, 2016 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Added Description
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2015, 04:04 PM
The quad itself look really nice but the look of the tx sucks big time, if it is made by Nihui, it shouldn't be bad at all, the Nihui 207 proved to be a good quad for the price.

Edmond
Feb 09, 2015, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
Nihui 207 proved to be a good quad for the price.
And Deviation compatible which is always nice.
Feb 09, 2015, 07:31 PM
So another Atlas style quad? Hope they do this one right performance wise, unlike some of the other recent ones that are apparently pretty tame in flight characteristics.
Feb 14, 2015, 05:44 AM
Does anyone know if this one really has a mag compass that it uses for the headless mode and for RTH yes?

I asked Gearbest, and they said they couldn't confirm that yet.
Feb 22, 2015, 02:21 PM
Has anyone ordered this on the pre-order? Are they charging like $12.96 for shipping?

The website says "Free shipping" but then when you check out it looks like it only offers paid shipping?

Jim
Feb 22, 2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaya View Post
Has anyone ordered this on the pre-order? Are they charging like $12.96 for shipping?

The website says "Free shipping" but then when you check out it looks like it only offers paid shipping?

Jim
Hey Jim, which website?

Edmond
Feb 22, 2015, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
Hey Jim, which website?

Edmond

Hi,

Sorry. I forgot to mention that... it's gearbest.com.

Thanks,
Jim
Mar 06, 2015, 03:02 AM
subbed
Mar 06, 2015, 04:50 AM
There is a coupon code from GearBest: NYU807. Brings the price of the camera version down to $54.99. Still no info regarding the magnetic compass feature. The pre-sale finishes in less than a week so hopefully we will find out as soon as they get the product in stock.
Last edited by czajunia; Mar 06, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Mar 06, 2015, 05:16 AM
Like you said, we'll have to wait, but I think I saw a video that had a pic of the box and that had "Magnetic compass" prominently on the front, so I am *hopeful* that it actually has one, and uses it correctly for the headless and RTH...
Mar 06, 2015, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Like you said, we'll have to wait, but I think I saw a video that had a pic of the box and that had "Magnetic compass" prominently on the front, so I am *hopeful* that it actually has one, and uses it correctly for the headless and RTH...
You can't expect any decent RTH even with a proper mag on board ... unless they put a MAG also on the TX, and it is requested to point to TX in the direction of the copter for make it RTH .. like Walkera did, but nobody else followed ... so ... I guess this will not be the case for this copter

Anyhow, already a proper headless mode is welcome ... also with a MAG the heading error why flying should be zero .. since no wind or other force can trick the head holding mode of a mag compass

PS: I may get a U807 for a review ... so ... maybe I will be able to provide more info ... on paper is looking a very interesting new copter
Mar 06, 2015, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
You can't expect any decent RTH even with a proper mag on board ... unless they put a MAG also on the TX, and it is requested to point to TX in the direction of the copter for make it RTH .. like Walkera did, but nobody else followed ... so ... I guess this will not be the case for this copter

Anyhow, already a proper headless mode is welcome ... also with a MAG the heading error why flying should be zero .. since no wind or other force can trick the head holding mode of a mag compass

PS: I may get a U807 for a review ... so ... maybe I will be able to provide more info ... on paper is looking a very interesting new copter

So I'm curious for when it comes in:

- How to test accurately both headless mode and RTH?

- What to look for inside the quad (or xmitter) - any specific component?

Thanks,
Jim

EDIT: I just noticed that GB removed the non-camera one now?

Also here:

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_147483.html

there's a different pic of the transmitter and it says how to calibrate the compass?
Last edited by ohaya; Mar 06, 2015 at 05:49 AM.
Mar 06, 2015, 05:57 AM
Quote:
EDIT: I just noticed that GB removed the non-camera one now?
Looks like it is still available here. I'll update the first post to reflect this.
Last edited by czajunia; Mar 09, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
Mar 06, 2015, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by czajunia View Post
Looks like it is still available here. I'll update the first post to reflect this.
Thanks. Looks like the price is higher now for that one (vaguely recall that it was like $30+ range)?

Also here's the pic of the box (it's the 5th one on the popup images):

http://gloimg.gearbest.com/gb/2015/2...-P-2409469.jpg

Says "Magnetic compass" lower right part.