This thread is privately moderated by stevster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 07, 2015, 12:15 AM
Eternal Child
Thread OP
Discussion

For the love of cars!

I've always been a car lover, and have had many pass through my hands. I've also restored a few for other people. Here's a few.........
Last edited by stevster; Feb 10, 2015 at 02:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2015, 01:34 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Holy mother of leaded gasoline...what a lineup!

Diggin' the blown '71 Vega and the Caddy hearse! Looks like a '65 Miller-Meteor, but it's hard to see the slant of the headlights in that shot.

Loving what you did with the '53 Chevy and to have a '39 Chrysler as a daily driver is beyond cool!

Yes, you brought out my inner gearhead.
Feb 07, 2015, 09:45 PM
Waste Nothing
The Studie reminds me of a 64 1/2 'Cuda that I used to own .
Latest blog entry: Filament Fridge ?
Feb 07, 2015, 11:44 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Yeah, very Bonneville Salt Flats-ish.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:34 AM
Just a Balsa Building CL flyer
Those were the days. Can't do any of that anymore. Can only listen to the real-old-timers talk about what they used to have, or they have buried in their garage, or watch auto auctions on cable...

Very Nice Posts Steve! Thanks for sharing...

I seem to remember something about a boat that the Allison went into - Any pictures of that?

Paul
Feb 11, 2015, 08:08 PM
Eternal Child
Thread OP
Why Yes, Paul. It's in a boat called the Thunderbird in Lake Tahoe.
It's got 2 of them in it!

What's this "old timers" crack????
Feb 12, 2015, 12:18 AM
Just a Balsa Building CL flyer
SWEET!!! That's one outrageous ski boat.
Feb 12, 2015, 04:49 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Hey ! We have something else in common.! I build Street Rod engines. My latest is a Flathead Ford.Featured in a magazine,I was so proud !

I spent an entire winter porting and polishing that flattie, and when I got done on the inside , I used the die grinder to polish the outside to a smooth finish, Smooth enough to polish the paint on it !

Old Hot Rodders never die- they just fade away.
Last edited by epoxyearl; Feb 12, 2015 at 04:54 AM.
Feb 12, 2015, 10:22 PM
Eternal Child
Thread OP
YERY NICE, Earl! I never built a flattie (Ford that is....a straight 8 Pontiac doesn't really count)!!!

You should be proud. A job well done!
Feb 12, 2015, 11:35 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevster
YERY NICE, Earl! I never built a flattie (Ford that is....a straight 8 Pontiac doesn't really count)!!!

You should be proud. A job well done!
Oh Lord ! I had a '51 Iron Indian straight eight Hardtop..I thought how cool it would sound with dual exhausts.. We welded cast iron to cast iron, only to have it sound like a Chrysler Hemi.
Liking those cars...thanks for the trip 'back'.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Feb 14, 2015, 12:04 AM
Eternal Child
Thread OP
I guess it was in Nov. of 1994.....where has the time gone!
Feb 14, 2015, 06:22 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
You Stude 'slipper' reminds me of a neighbor who had a '53..Every morning, when she went to start it, there would be a muffled explosion, and the distributor cap would be off. There was a tiny hole in the timing advance diaphragm, and just enough gas vapor would collect inside the distributor to explode when the points arced !

She had full "Moon" wheel covers on hers. It looked so slippery....
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.

Quick Reply