Spedix S250 Multirotor KIT/ARF/BNF - Page 287 - RC Groups
Nov 15, 2017, 01:07 AM

All Spedix stuff + bonus Eachine Racer 250!

Package deal, I don't want to have 1 pc this 1pcs that...these are all good , but I've moved on to Spedix Black Night 210
Lots of new esc s + motors, to work with , learn to solder a bit, learn Clean flight......
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2017, 02:28 PM
Somebody?.. Openpilot all good til the Transmitter Wizard. Then no stick response... What am I missing? Radio set to D8, D4R-II receiver, PPM, it's a hex, so all six ports on the CC3D are taken with ESC plugs, power to CC3D is via the receiver(from 5V output on PDB...). What am I missing? Thanks.
Nov 16, 2017, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Somebody?.. Openpilot all good til the Transmitter Wizard. Then no stick response... What am I missing? Radio set to D8, D4R-II receiver, PPM, it's a hex, so all six ports on the CC3D are taken with ESC plugs, power to CC3D is via the receiver(from 5V output on PDB...). What am I missing? Thanks.
are you doing a "total erase" & reload software, then TX wizz. not just hop in to tx wizz.
complete new setup from scratch. should do it if I recall.
thats why I call it :
Open jump thru hoops Pilot

Oh it is pre bound RX - TX ? not sure on yours but Spektrum sat binds (orange light on RX blinking fast) in OpenPilot 1st step! (orange light solid) its bound.
then re save
then setup in open pilot.

test
plug in battery (NO PROPS ON)
turn on Transmitter on like your gonna fly
orange light solid on D4r ?
if no light
you cannot go on & setup
Last edited by milgil; Nov 16, 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Nov 16, 2017, 01:27 AM
The receiver is bound formsure(green light for Frsky..). I have redone the entire Wizard several times. I think I‘ve had this issue before, but it was a long time ago. I think it boils down to, if you have a hex and all six ports on the CC3D are taken with ESC plugs, how does the receiver communicate with the CC3D AND how does the CC3D get power from the PCB?

I have the normal cable with the wide plug in the CC3D going tot he receiver(with the receiver jumper for the D4R-II) just like on my Spedix AQ quad with the same setup. BUT, that‘s a quad, so there are two spare ports, one of which gets the 5V directly from the PCB. As I have it now on this new hex, the PCB 5V goes first to the receiver... The lights tot he CC3D then go on, so everybody‘s getting power... Something is missing in the radio-receiver-CCD3 chain though..
Nov 16, 2017, 01:31 AM
Still stuck...

The receiver is bound for sure(green light). I have redone the entire Wizard several times. I think I‘ve had this issue before, but it was a long time ago. That was a quad too, and the difference now is, this is a hex, so things have to wired differently, since there are only six servo ports on the CCD3. I think it boils down to, if you have a hex and all six ports on the CC3D are taken with ESC plugs, how does the receiver communicate with the CC3D AND how does the CC3D get power from the PCB?

I have the normal cable with the wide plug in the CC3D going to the receiver(with the receiver jumper for the D4R-II) just like on my Spedix AQ quad with the same setup. BUT, that‘s a quad, so there are two spare ports on the CC3D, one of which gets the 5V directly from the PCB. As I have it now on this new hex, the PCB 5V goes first to the receiver... The lights to the CC3D then go on, so everybody‘s getting power... Something is missing in the radio-receiver-CCD3 chain though..
Nov 16, 2017, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Still stuck...

The receiver is bound for sure(green light). I have redone the entire Wizard several times. I think I‘ve had this issue before, but it was a long time ago. That was a quad too, and the difference now is, this is a hex, so things have to wired differently, since there are only six servo ports on the CCD3. I think it boils down to, if you have a hex and all six ports on the CC3D are taken with ESC plugs, how does the receiver communicate with the CC3D AND how does the CC3D get power from the PCB?

I have the normal cable with the wide plug in the CC3D going to the receiver(with the receiver jumper for the D4R-II) just like on my Spedix AQ quad with the same setup. BUT, that‘s a quad, so there are two spare ports on the CC3D, one of which gets the 5V directly from the PCB. As I have it now on this new hex, the PCB 5V goes first to the receiver... The lights to the CC3D then go on, so everybody‘s getting power... Something is missing in the radio-receiver-CCD3 chain though..
Thats different 5v goes to RX?
Hmm
Did this rx work on another craft? or new

on a Sat system, 5v comes in from PDB by removing it from its dedicated plug by bending up the plastic tab -remove & insert into any servo plug MIDDLE port.
But thats not it. You have 5V into CC3d
bad Rx? = swap with another to try

wait can you calibrate the motors before hand & then enter TX wizard?
if you skip motor cal it wont do TX wizzard properly - dead sticks!
Last edited by milgil; Nov 16, 2017 at 01:51 AM.
Nov 16, 2017, 01:50 AM
On my other hex I have a different receiver with SBUS - so a totally different setup. This receiver is fine, but it‘s PPM. With all six ESC‘s going into the CC3D, I don‘t know where else to put in the 5V lead from the PCB....
Nov 16, 2017, 03:12 PM
Got it figured out. It was wrong to have it set to PPM on OP. Needed to be PWM… Ended up switching receivers anyway. But whatever, I took it out to try for a hover, and it spun around kind of crazily. Something is wrong. The motors turn the right direction, the props are right, and the FC is pointing forward… So I don’t know what is going on… It doesn’t fly though. It will just slightly lift off and spin around in the air.

Need some kind of legs or padding on the bottom. The Spedix is really a well fought out frame. It’s just a shame that if so weak and brittle. I flew my Spedix hex by the way again today, and I really do like carving around the sky with it. It’s great to fly. You just can’t crash it…
Last edited by Herrsavage; Nov 16, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Man, I just cannot get this thing set up to fly right. I have motor 1 as the front right motor, motor 2 as middle right, and so on clockwise. All connected to the PCB bullet connecting points accordingly. Everything is lined up. The motors spin the right way, the props are on right, etc. etc. But for some reason, when I apply throttle, it spirals up into the air out of control. The FC is facing forward. I learned that lesson last time… Anyway, is there something about the set up for the hex that I have forgotten? Is motor 1 really supposed to go to number 6 on the PCB or something? Same with the CC3D - all the numbers correspond to the numbering on open pilot. And I am using the H29O X-hex as a basis... Thanks.
Yesterday, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Man, I just cannot get this thing set up to fly right. I have motor 1 as the front right motor, motor 2 as middle right, and so on clockwise. All connected to the PCB bullet connecting points accordingly. Everything is lined up. The motors spin the right way, the props are on right, etc. etc. But for some reason, when I apply throttle, it spirals up into the air out of control. The FC is facing forward. I learned that lesson last time… Anyway, is there something about the set up for the hex that I have forgotten? Is motor 1 really supposed to go to number 6 on the PCB or something? Same with the CC3D - all the numbers correspond to the numbering on open pilot. And I am using the H29O X-hex as a basis... Thanks.
Swap out CC3d....that's all that's left.
May have a bad gyro or loose components?
Last edited by milgil; Yesterday at 10:42 AM.
Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Nope. I put in a new CC3D Mini I'd just received(destined for a Trifecta tricopter..), and the behavior was exactly the same.
Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Nope. I put in a new CC3D Mini I'd just received(destined for a Trifecta tricopter..), and the behavior was exactly the same.
Mine Spedix stuff is still for sale, it all works.
Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdallen
I have version 1.05. XSR with latest firmware flashed. I got everything set up, it was a breeze. There was a weird problem happening when I was first setting up the ports. I set it up correctly with uart1 sbus and got the receiver tab set up. Receiver tab all was working. Then I set up uart3 smart port, and uart4 smart audio. The receiver tab showed the FC was no longer responding to my sticks. So I reset up the ports, and all was working again. I dismissed this as a wierd BF thing or some error in my order of port setup. I tested the BF Lua script and it was working for pid's and vtx. Awesome, ready to maiden!

Then I took it for a LOS maiden flight in my yard. Flew perfectly, very happy. The next day, I powered it up for a maiden fpv, set the vtx to 200 Watts with the Lua script, then flipped the arm switch. Nothing. I noticed that the osd was showing 0 percent rssi, so I connected it to betaflight on my field PC. Same problem as before, nothing working on the receiver tab. Light is green on the receiver. Lua script is still working, I'm able to change pid's and vtx settings. Taranis showing telemetry. I went through the operation of resetting up the ports like before, but still nothing. I'm at a loss!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really want to fpv this ship!
If anyone's curious, turned out to be a bad sbus output on the XSR.