Feb 05, 2015, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dualsky FC-150, FC-151 (Detrum 6GSA, FUTABA GYA460) Gyro

This gyro mimics the SAFE Rx flight modes, uses just one channel for flight mode selection and panic button operation.

Flight modes:
Beginner, limited roll and pitch with self-leveling,
Advanced, higher roll and pitch angle limit with self-leveling
Aerobatic, no roll or pitch limit only 3 axis gyro corrections

No computer needed for setup. Gain on surfaces can be reversed, no servo reverser required. Can be mounted in four position: face up, down, right or left. Gyro action in advanced mode can be modified and any of three modes selected.
Supports Normal and Delta Wing, V-Tail configuration.

Since it is only a gyro, you can use with your favorite Rx or brand.

Gyro Manual here.
From the Dualsky site: Manual

The Dualsky branded unit can be found in Hobbyking Website.
The Detrum branded unit can be found stateside in GreysonsHobby Website.
Last edited by eihoward; Jan 16, 2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Add manual link from the manufacturers site.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2015, 04:02 PM
Thread OP

Reserved

For future info.
Jul 06, 2015, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
I found that the new Sensei WISE gyro is so similar to this gyro that I believe is a rebranded gyro. I got one from someone that pulled the gyro from his Sensei and be reporting soon if it behaves as the Dualsky gyro.

I began testing a third unit with a Phoenix Models Sonic Low Wing MK2. It flies nice in beginner mode, I had so much fun doing patterns with it, that I forgot to test the panic function. I took it to advanced and did a loop and a couple of aileron rolls.
Jul 14, 2015, 03:36 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eihoward
I found that the new Sensei WISE gyro is so similar to this gyro that I believe is a rebranded gyro. I got one from someone that pulled the gyro from his Sensei and be reporting soon if it behaves as the Dualsky gyro.

I began testing a third unit with a Phoenix Models Sonic Low Wing MK2. It flies nice in beginner mode, I had so much fun doing patterns with it, that I forgot to test the panic function. I took it to advanced and did a loop and a couple of aileron rolls.
Looking forward to that report, especially how well the middle level works if it has self-leveling.

Adding some info about the FC-150/6GSA from reading the manual posted at HobbyKing, which hopefully has the latest firmware:

- Panic can be programmed with a mix with flight mode channel (not a 2nd channel), has a time limit so not another mode(?)

- 3 flight modes at a time, but there are additional programming choices for variations from the standard modes

- Dual aileron, delta and v-tail options (no option shown for driving dual elevators separately)

- Offset angle can be programmed to adjust flight to level, if needed

- SBus compatible (using Futaba channel order)
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jul 25, 2015 at 10:43 PM.
Jul 24, 2015, 07:48 PM
mrt1035
Eihoward-
Is the WISE the same as the Dualsky 150?
Jul 24, 2015, 08:02 PM
For the price , I will try one. I bought a target hobby eflite apprentice rx and love it. So Im eager to try something half the price. I have a spare lemon rx to hook it up to.
Jul 25, 2015, 06:51 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
Looking forward to that report, especially how well the middle level works if it has self-leveling.
Still looking forward to the update, but also for the <$23.64 sale w/pop-up savings I ordered one anyway with some other parts I needed to order from HK international.

Reading the manual, I'm also wondering if you might test and comment on some things:

- Heading hold value changes in the Acro mode - Normal vs without rudder vs with rudder heading hold

- Allowed bank angles for Trainer vs Sport values, does "cannot invert" mean a 90 degree bank is allowed in Advanced mode?Does the angle vary in Beginner mode for the invert option?

- Whether Heading hold values work differently in Trainer vs Sport

Can't quite get my head around the language about fail safe- everything goes neutral but self-leveling will continue if in that flight mode so it is a leveled free-flight glide landing as long as the controls have authority?

I guess this all can be bench tested.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jul 25, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
Jul 26, 2015, 12:17 AM
mrt1035
GottaZoom-
I'll be looking forward to what you discover. I almost pulled the plug from HK also, but the Avios Hawker Sea Fury won out.
Jul 26, 2015, 10:43 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big12fan
GottaZoom-
I'll be looking forward to what you discover. I almost pulled the plug from HK also, but the Avios Hawker Sea Fury won out.
Nice looking plane! My stuff is already shipped but it will probably be weeks before I see the package ....
Jul 27, 2015, 05:17 PM
mrt1035
Quote:
Nice looking plane! My stuff is already shipped but it will probably be weeks before I see the package ....
Dang it, I accidentally purchased the Detrum version from Grayson hobbies. Oh well, sorry honey. I'm anxious to try this in one of my Dynams.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:27 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by big12fan
Dang it, I accidentally purchased the Detrum version from Grayson hobbies. Oh well, sorry honey. I'm anxious to try this in one of my Dynams.
I'll be interested to hear if the Detrum is the exact same module... the manual appears identical except for photos, even has at least one of the same typos... ("bule" for "blue").

Edit - in fact, thinking about it, I downloaded the Detrum manual from HobbyKing's Dualsky item page.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:32 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowJeff
I'll be interested to hear if the Detrum is the exact same module... the manual appears identical except for photos, even has at least one of the same typos... ("bule" for "blue").

Edit - in fact, thinking about it, I downloaded the Detrum manual from HobbyKing's Dualsky item page.
Yes, I believe Dynam owns Detrum and they make the HK version. Somewhere I found a link to the mfgr site in China and it had the same manual but I couldn't find any info about the different firmware versions.

Think this is it: http://www.dynam-rc.cn/uploadfiles/dlm/file/6gs.pdf

PS - if you look at the WISE info in the Sensei manual some of the info seems to carry over there. The WISE unit doesn't appear in pictures to have the mode selection switch, though. Didn't find a manual for that, yet.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jul 29, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
Jul 29, 2015, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
I have around 18 flights on a Phoenix Sonic Low Wing ARF with the Dualsky FC-150. I have to report that all modes work as expected, Panic Button is a momentary switch on a Tactic TTX850. I have Mode and Panic on Channel 5 and Channel 6 I am using with a Candy Dropper from HK.

I fly patterns on Beginner Mode with low passes and touch and gos and have received a couple of comments on how well the plane behaves from other Club members.

I have flown the plane at night after putting some LEDs strips, that is in beginner mode.
Jul 29, 2015, 04:48 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Update much appreciated. Any observations from my questions in Q.#7 above?
Jul 29, 2015, 08:11 PM
mrt1035
Received my Detrum today, I can confirm it is the same as the 150. All three modes seem to bench test okay. However, I haven't got Panic to function correct yet but, I also ran out of time to mess with it today. Beg, and advance mode both seem to have flight leveling...... which may be a good thing. I'm going to try to fly this weekend, weather permitting of course in one of my Dynam warbirds. Like this thread, good job guys!

Edit: I will also say I'm not a fan of the gain dials! I'm old but not that old and I can't see the darn things. Geez!
Last edited by big12fan; Jul 29, 2015 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply