Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 07, 2015, 04:42 AM
Yet more blades, slightly longer and weighted for a target disc loading of just under 4oz/foot

Bit windy this weekend so far so might not happen, we will see
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2015, 05:34 PM
Finally got out and despite the at time blustery conditions tried a flight. Hand launch an a few test hops, some back trim and all was well.

Power seemed good on the 12x6 and the only issue was the flexing of the tail. I think a bit of torsionally stiffness increase and all ready to go. Will try and get some pics next time

Steve
Mar 09, 2015, 07:43 AM
Steve, glad the maiden went OK. Look forward to a vid in due course. No excuses not to paint it now !

See you soon

Graham
Mar 09, 2015, 10:21 AM
Looking forward to video congratulations on a successful test flight
Joe
Mar 09, 2015, 12:45 PM
Well done Steve, glad to hear you have maidened it successfully. Some carbon fibre strip in a knife cut slit should help to stiffen things

Rich
Mar 09, 2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys , so rewarding, i would not have been inspired and able without ALL your generous help...

Its been a pleasure for Tim and I

Steve
Mar 12, 2015, 03:26 PM
So now we know it flys , the colour scheme is added, just flashes to go ...

Steve
Mar 12, 2015, 06:22 PM
Looking good Steve, the scheme takes away the profile look and I bet it will hardly show in the air. The undercarriage fairings will help orientation as well.

Cheers
Graham
Mar 13, 2015, 12:37 AM
The Green Arrow I like the colour
Mar 13, 2015, 05:23 PM
All done .....
Mar 23, 2015, 07:28 AM
Grand day out yesterday, some reduced throws and expo dialed in and the AC20 seemed more settled.. then a lucky escape as a violent lurch to the left and I thought a crash was due.

More luck than judgment a semi controlled landing and for a strange reason no throttle and a red flashing light on the Rx...

A rebind and range check showed the red light again.. battery was good so maybe a RX issue. Frustrated but relieved a return for further investigation....

Plenty of other flying tho
Last edited by 106flyer; Mar 23, 2015 at 07:34 AM.
Mar 23, 2015, 04:11 PM
What could possibly go wrong!!
That's a nice line up there Steve. I especially like the unusual colour of the Green Arrow, does it show up well in flight?

Chas
Mar 23, 2015, 04:51 PM
Hi Chas, yes the shape and the colour combination looks good... Rx changed and new one bound, no red lights so a range check and hopefully another go soon

One missing from the shot is my yellow 2 blade Atom... Such a great relaxing flyer.... Never thought I would say that but such great fun, smiled at the way home

Steve
Mar 23, 2015, 06:06 PM

Look forward to video
Joe
Mar 24, 2015, 06:51 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Nice line up Steve,

I also look forward to seeing some video of your AC10 design in action, I do like the green.

Rich