CTX-5FBL a proper coax - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 29, 2015, 02:04 PM
RC helicopters since 1985
Here a short video.

CTX-5FBL "Kamov" testflight (1 min 49 sec)

Unfortunately I crashed it the flight after this one because I flew a bit too low too fast. Spareparts are on their way already!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2015, 04:20 PM
Nice flying. Looks like a really solid handling machine. Will you be putting the scale ka32 fuselage on it in the future? Seeing how quickly you got it assembled and trimmed out encourages me to buy one soon. Well done.
Dec 30, 2015, 03:48 AM
RC helicopters since 1985
There's really nothing to it bartj, once you figure out how this thing works it's very easy to set it up.
Ofcourse the bump-start info that Peter gave helped aswell. I've plans to build a mould of my own for a fibreglass/epoxy KA-26 with cabin like in the attached pic.

I've found out why I hit the deck yesterday: The motorpinion slid off as there was no flat spot on the motorshaft. Missed that during re-assembly unfortunately.

Jan 03, 2016, 07:23 AM
The KA-26 is a good choice. It has lots of character. Make sure you install smoke generators in the engine pods to simulate the characteristic exhaust cloud the engines produce at start up

Kamov Ka-26 test flight (HD) (9 min 7 sec)
Dec 18, 2016, 02:08 AM

Newbie questions...

Hello!

My name is Vincent, I just joined RCGroups, as I'm interested in building a Heli, with virtually zero experience...

I've just ordered the CTX-5FBL - mainly because I found the Kamov design amazing, and I want to understand it better.

I have bits and parts of Quad racers, like CC3D and Maze32 FCUs, and a Taranis 9D RC - Do you think I can use these with the CTX-5? Or do I need a different 3-Axis Gyro / RC?

Any advise on the servos and BL motor? I've seen the Futaba servos on their website, not sure if it's the only ones usable or...?

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Vincent
Dec 18, 2016, 11:22 AM
A bit of an ambitious project for a first heli, I wish you luck.

The kit comes with a motor, but from all accounts no flat on the shaft, I dont remember one or not but I have not had a problem.

I like Savox 1250mg servos in mine, if they still make them. They work well. You do not need a fast servo for the rudder as the servo will be altering the pitch of the top rotor so you need the same servo as the rest.

I have one heli with a Tarot cheap gyro in it and another with a V-bar. They both fly the same after a bit of tuning so any stab system should be fine. No phasing is necessary.

Good luck
Jan 08, 2017, 03:01 PM
Ha Ha @ the KA-26 having 'alot of character' This heli is like a fat chick, lots of fun till your friends see you.
Kamov Ka-26 test flight (HD) (9 min 7 sec)
Last edited by search-n-destroy; Jan 08, 2017 at 03:25 PM.
Apr 01, 2017, 06:35 PM
According to the website this comes with 380mm blades. Can this swing 425mm CF blades?
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Apr 01, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
Apr 01, 2017, 07:23 PM
Yes. I have one with 450mm blades on. You may find the root and bolt hole need adjustment
Apr 03, 2017, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wales
Yes. I have one with 450mm blades on. You may find the root and bolt hole need adjustment
What's the width of the blade grip?
Apr 03, 2017, 05:54 AM
Are you sure you ant the width of the blades grip, or the maximum thickness of the blades?

Anyway, here is both. The blade grip width is 17mm and the blade has to be 10mm with a 3mm bolt hole.

I had a look around and found I had one machine with SAB 540's on it,
Apr 28, 2017, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wales
Are you sure you ant the width of the blades grip, or the maximum thickness of the blades?

Anyway, here is both. The blade grip width is 17mm and the blade has to be 10mm with a 3mm bolt hole.

I had a look around and found I had one machine with SAB 540's on it,
That's what I mean by "width", the thickness of the blade root. 10mm blade root with a 3mm bolt is standard for 425mm blades so those should work without issues.
Jul 07, 2017, 04:57 PM
Latest 3DIGI software now has a "special" swash mix mode that allows full customization. With CP coaxials this should allow for heading hold mode to be used because it supports yaw servo output within the swash mixer.

http://www.3digi.de/en/downloads