Jan 28, 2015, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
New Product

DM007 7.4v direct drive micro quadcopter with 6 axis

I have been wondering how come we dont' see any micros with more powerfull motors running 7.4v like it was the case with the rc logger eye one. Well after more then 2 years someone finally came out with something similar, the dm007. I am on the fence about getting one because I dont' like being a guinea pig but it does look promosing. BTW hubsan hasnt' even released their new quads that they are already being cloned

2.4Ghz 4 channels transmitter with trim. Strong anti - interference performance ensures long distance control
6 - axis gyro quad - rotor aircraft flight, strong stability, easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance, easier to control
2.4G technology adopted for anti-interference, more copters fly at the same time can not interfere with each other
Agile and precise 360 degree eversion for different directions such as forward, backward, left, right
2 flight speed modes (low / fast )for both beginners and experts
With cool night light, perfect for night flight
Ready to fly indoor and outdoor
Certificate: EN71 EN62115

Copter battery: 7.4V 380mAh li-po (included)
Flying time: 6 - 8mins
Charging time: 80 -90mins
Control distance: Approx. 150m

More pics on gearbest and other chinese stores.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2015, 12:12 PM
Wow that is an interesting one. I wonder how they accomplished the long range? Interesting that the motors are gearless, too. Looks tempting, indeed!
Feb 03, 2015, 04:34 AM
This one is currently on sale for $42.99 at Gearbest during their anniversary event.
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_141747.html
You need to add it to your cart before you see the lowered price.
Feb 03, 2015, 11:33 AM
Foam Wrecker
That's not a "micro" quad. It's more like a "mini." Earlier ads at Gearbest had some photos of it with its motor covers off and they were definitely not the kind you find in micros. Much larger in diameter vs length.

I, too, think it's very interesting as it uses direct drive, not unusual for a "micro," unusual for a "mini."
Last edited by BillBlair; Feb 03, 2015 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Added image with motor covers off
Feb 03, 2015, 01:29 PM
I should review this one for GB ... be sure that I will focus my attention on the durability of these 7.4V motors
Feb 03, 2015, 02:56 PM
Flyin' Ryan
I think Gearbest is sending me one to review too. I like how it has the look of the new Hubsan models.
Feb 03, 2015, 09:23 PM
Anyone brave enough to bite on one of these ahead of a review? There's some clips on youtube, looks promising, but then things are not always as they seem.... Even after review that can be said too after the L6052 fiasco!
Feb 03, 2015, 10:09 PM
Looks like the camera quality is better than average on quads of this price:

NightHawk Quadcopter Handling - Flight, Flips, Rolls, Battery, Remote Controller (5 min 7 sec)
Feb 04, 2015, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannishBoy
Looks like the camera quality is better than average on quads of this price:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WintshmjpTY

Seems not bad at all ....
Feb 04, 2015, 02:21 AM
Nice thread. This one is instock now.
Feb 05, 2015, 01:12 AM
"Just in case"...get it? ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadRaptor
Anyone brave enough to bite on one of these ahead of a review? There's some clips on youtube, looks promising, but then things are not always as they seem.... Even after review that can be said too after the L6052 fiasco!
Just call me guinea...as in guinea pig. Just plunked some $$$ down and ordered one today. Now the long wait begins...
I was gonna wait for spares (motors, props & batteries) to show up before buying, but, you know how that goes...
Feb 06, 2015, 01:04 AM
Keep us posted, Guinea! Er, Justen ha ha. I'm especially curious about whether the camera is different than the Syma X5C and what the range is like. And those motors... And how do they get such high voltage from such a low mAh rating? So many questions! But do keep us posted regardless. :-)
Feb 06, 2015, 01:48 AM

Looks like Gort

The DM007 is somewhere between mini and micro quadcopter scale, and looks like a mini clone of the Hubsan H109, or is it the other way around The camera is relatively good quality, and the quadcopter is a stable platform for the camera. After 10 February, try coupon code dm007 for a discount here http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_141747.html

DM007 Spy Drone with 2MP Camera (10 min 40 sec)
Last edited by t00nz843z; Feb 06, 2015 at 03:18 PM.
Feb 06, 2015, 02:46 PM
Nice video Q101.... Tempted, very tempted..... Do you know if the coupon will result in a price lower than the current anniversary event price of $42.99?
Feb 06, 2015, 02:53 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Really digging the size!

Quick Reply