Jan 08, 2002, 08:42 PM
Thread OP

Hooking up a Jeti Brushless Speed Control to a Jeti Pashor 15/4 motor. HELP!!!

I just bought a Jeti Brushless 15/4 motor. I had bought a Cheap Jeti Brushless speed control off of a friend and bought a new one from hobby lobby. I hooked up the one I bought from my friend. Had it running in the correct way. All as I did was push the connecters of the motor and speed control together. Then next time I started in up the speed control started to smoke. What made it do that?????????? i saw that the one plug of the speed control was off just a very little tad off the motor. Is that why???? I'm going to put my other motor on it later but want info first. You get 3 little gold pins with the speed control. What are they for????? I think they might help it hold it in place???? Do I solder anything???? What made my speed control smoke?? All I did was push the speed control connecters and wires into the motor connectes and wires and that was it . I need Help because I don't want that happening again.
Thanks
Rob
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2002, 09:29 PM
BEC
BEC
The controller comes with male connectors in case the motor you have didn't come with them. You don't need them for the Jeti motor.

What battery connectors do you have? What you describe sounds like hooking the battery up backwards to the controller......

Yes, I have done it before.
Latest blog entry: Back to full capacity
Jan 10, 2002, 07:27 PM
Thread OP
I don't think my battery was hooked up backwards. But I don't know for sure. When it started to smoke I quickly unpluged it fast. I use Tamiya connecters with it. If the one plug for the motor wasn't completly plug into the speed control would that fry it. It was just only out a very little bit.
Rob
Jan 10, 2002, 07:37 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Tamiya (molex) connectors are junk, and cannot handle high amps. Plus they don't always make contact.

Perhaps a connection was not made on one of them, that could have caused the problem.

For my BL setups, I use 4mm pins on the motor/controller side (female on cont) and AF zero loss for the batteries.

Quick Reply