This thread is privately moderated by deanz406, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 27, 2015, 03:01 AM
deanz406
Thread OP
Discussion

My hangar

I just picked up another "Orphan" from a club member-- lotsa dirt, and wrinkles on it, BUT- Just my kind of project. Cute little Sig Smith Mini Bipe. Starting the "Refurbish". After a good scrubbing, I made a new set of struts, installed servo rails, and got radio gear installed and tested, made new landing gear, changed motor mount, and got HB 40PDP installed. Finally spent 2 days building, fitting, and drilling the 2 pc plastic cowl(PIA!!). I added a few sunrays to the wing and stab. Paint misc parts, and ready for maiden. Dean
Last edited by deanz406; Apr 16, 2015 at 09:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2015, 05:18 PM
If it flies, I crash it!
Nice catch!

I've only seen one fly once and it was a handful. The owner landed it and made it a hanger queen!
Mar 19, 2016, 11:37 AM
deanz406
Thread OP
Hi-- This one flies very nicely, and since I made a wider alum landing gear, ground handling is very smooth. It flies great, and doesn't have any bad habits. Maybe he didn't set his up with correct balance, or wing incidence, causing a bad flight. I'm happy with mine- Dean

Quick Reply