ARRMA Senton 6S BLX

60+ mph when equipped with a 6S LiPo battery

Splash

Newly designed roll cage

ARRMA has just introduced a short-course truck with a monstrous BLX Brushless 1/8 scale 2050kv motor and waterproof 180A ESC. Paired with a 6s LiPo, the Senton 6S BLX can easily put down speed runs above 60 mph. The Senton sees a brand new design for it's roll cage, sporting a center tower to keep that lid from getting crushed, as well as side impact bumpers and reinforced suspension hangers.

Clad in faux beadlocks and dBoots tires, the Senton is equally at home in dirt, gravel, hardback, and asphalt surfaces. It comes complete with an ATX-100 2.4Ghz transmitter and receiver. A suitable 4-6s LiPo and charger are required.

Specifications:

• Length: 22.0 in (560 mm)
  • Width: 11.6 in (295 mm)
  • Height: 7.67 (195 mm)
  • Wheelbase: 12.5-12.67 in (318-322 mm)
  • Weight: 6.6 lbs (2.993 kg)

CLICK HERE for more info on the ARRMA Senton 6S BLX

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 26, 2015 at 10:40 PM..
Jan 27, 2015, 10:07 AM
Did I make the A Main?
glad to see 1/8 SCT making a come back.... in fact I'd like to see 1/10 SCT be completely replaced with 1/8 SCT across all brands
Jan 27, 2015, 12:07 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild, repeat
So is this 1/8 scale or 1/10? The motor and electronics system is 1/8th size. The beefy shocks, flat metal chassis, and roll cage/bumpers all seem 1/8 scale size too. Yet the dimensions are the same size as a slash.

It's sort of like a 1/10 scale SCT on steroids. I like it. Out of my price range, but I like it.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:17 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
It's 1/10th
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jan 27, 2015, 12:42 PM
Suspended Account
Yes matt this is 1/10 scale..

Here are Roar specs.. and arrma specs.
8.10.12 1/10th Short Course Truck
8.10.12.1 Dimensional Specifications:
Item Limit Specification
Wheel base Minimum 320mm (12.59 in) Maximum 335mm (13.19 in)
Overall Length Minimum 540mm (21.25 in) Maximum 568mm (22.36 in)
Overall Width Minimum 290mm (11.42 in) Maximum 296mm (11.65 in)

Specifications:
Length: 22.0 in (560 mm) Width: 11.6 in (295 mm) Height: 7.67 (195 mm) Wheelbase: 12.5-12.67 in (318-322 mm) Weight: 6.6 lbs (2.993 kg)
Nov 29, 2015, 11:58 AM
nom
nom
Tower Hobbies has the Senton on sale til Dec 2nd for $270, $240 shipped with the TH coupon!
Nov 30, 2015, 06:31 AM
I bought one, for the price it looks to nice to resist.
Dec 01, 2015, 04:42 PM
Co-heir with Christ
I bought one too... Just pre-ordered the Traxxas X-maxx 2 days prior because I go out to the desert and up to the mountains and need something than can handle 6" ditches and large pinecones. Saw the Semton on sale and bought one of those too.
Bought batteries to share between the 2 vehicles... instead of 2 - 3s 8000mAh packs in series in the x-maxx, going to do 2 - 6s 4400mAh packs in parallel.
Dec 02, 2015, 12:53 AM
Very nice Dcope, congatulations!I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on the 2.
Dec 02, 2015, 01:26 AM
Co-heir with Christ
My buddy just ordered the Senton too. I guess we'll give you the rundown after we run them ( possibly next week ) I hear that the x-maxx should be at my door around Christmas.
Dec 02, 2015, 03:52 PM
nom
nom
I just unboxed mine and put 2 packs through it. It is a winner in my book!
Dec 19, 2015, 04:10 PM
wrecker344
I too just couldn't let the deal that Tower had on the Senton go by. I mean for $240?? You'd almost be crazy not to. I've had mine for 2 weeks and have run 24 packs of the Maxamps Hard Case Race Edition LiPo 8000 3S 11.1v Dual Core Battery Packs, and am very pleased to report that I've had NO, ZERO issues with it. I found the stock shock oil not to my liking. So changed it to 40 rear and 30 front and it has made a tremendous difference in handling and the squat in the rear. This thing is honestly built like a tank. It is my 1st Arrma product, and if this is any indication of their quality? It won't be my last. My only real complaint would be the wheels and tires. I have broken and cracked two rims and the rubber compound is very hard. Because of this the side bite is high and at high speed, you'll send this thing flipping and cart wheeling halfway down the block! Changing out the pinion with the larger one (it comes with it) makes this rig almost too fast. I did say ALMOST! I have jumped, raced, flown and bashed this thing every time I run it. And it keeps coming back for more. At the original price point, I've have to say it seems a bit too pricey when in reality it's not for what you get. But if you can get it at the Tower price again in the future? Do so, you won't regret it!
Dec 19, 2015, 04:15 PM
nom
nom
The rims and tires are not great on many arrma rigs but for the price it was a steal. Also put fluid in your diffs as mine only had a small amount of grease.
Dec 25, 2015, 01:26 PM
Armattan dealer in the USA
Ok I just got my Senton :-)

Should I use two 3S batts or one 6S?

Can anyone point me to any battery options? Nothing I have 3S will fit.

Thank you!
Dec 26, 2015, 12:35 AM
Co-heir with Christ
I have run the Senton but had my ESC junk out on me after about 10 packs. Outside of that, It has taken a very hard beating and only shows signs of wear on the body.
I had a few loose screws. some being the pinion set screw and the motor bolts. I've tightened a handful of others too.
My friends Senton has 2 packs through it and no issues. I checked his pinion and motor bolts and all were fine.

Tires absolutely suck. I'm assuming they wanted off road looking tires for the visual appeal but long life on the street. ( I only assume that because that's what they do.

My friend and I have both cracked wheels so those need to be changed out as well. His ESC is going strong though.

My truck seems good with the diffs while my friends has way too much front wheel spin. We'll be looking at his center diff this weekend. I'm going to guess it dry but based on the post above, maybe it just has grease.

On a side note, the Traxxas X-maxx is awesome. I thought that it would suck compared to driving the Senton, but its a blast. Both are for different purposes and I'll be buying packs that they both can share.

I currently run 6s 3300mAh on the Senton. ( My 600 size heli packs ) But ordered 6s 4400mAh packs during the Thunder Power sale. ( I have yet to receive them ) but with 2 6s 3300's in parallel, I hit my low voltage alarm ( set at 3.4v per cell ) on the X-maxx with the packs at 3.9v resting. Which tells me that I need a higher C rating. ( batteries are over 2 years old but still fly the heli just fine ) I will do this on the Senton too once I get the ESC on Tuesday.

Based on my limited experience, I would look at either the Thunder Power Lightning series ( 55C rating ) or the Pulse 65C rated packs.

My friend hasTHIS BATTERY

I will do the same test with him and see if it performs adequately.

Quick Reply