Spektrum DX256 - RC Groups
Jan 23, 2015, 12:14 PM
Careful!

Spektrum DX256

People who have been here a long time have heard me talk about the DX256, an RC transmitter that has no gimbals, no speaker, no vibe. The pilot interacts with the user by thoughts, using I suppose and advanced version of "The Think System" developed by Professor Harold Hill.

Well, today I was startled by the cover of the EE Magazine I get at home. Right there on the cover they highlighted exactly what we're up against!

Here's the article, for those interested in more. The first three paragraphs sum it up nicely.

http://www.evaluationengineering.com...rther-delayed/

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2015, 03:50 PM
Brainflight (4 min 11 sec)
Jan 24, 2015, 06:30 AM
He only has 1/4 of the system.

If he had a DX256 he would have haptic, visual, and audio feedback all generated inside his head.

No need for the fancy console!

Andy
Dec 13, 2016, 08:24 AM
No bounce, No play.
They need to expand their Horizons and stop thinking about Passive/Inductive Interface.

Direct implant of Thought Receptor Module will lay the groundwork for perfecting filtering out the thought noise floor and pave the way for Non-Invasive Implant technology. A simple clinic procedure and you will be able to control and sense your world by simply forming the intent.

What an enlightening day that will be.
Dec 13, 2016, 08:56 AM
Perpetual Noob

But

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
They need to expand their Horizons and stop thinking about Passive/Inductive Interface.

Direct implant of Thought Receptor Module will lay the groundwork for perfecting filtering out the thought noise floor and pave the way for Non-Invasive Implant technology. A simple clinic procedure and you will be able to control and sense your world by simply forming the intent.

What an enlightening day that will be.
Would you need tin foil to keep the baddies out?
Dec 13, 2016, 09:45 AM
No bounce, No play.
No extra shielding will be needed once Sub-Dermal implant is perfected.

It will be the perfect meld of man and machine.

The Cyborg is Born.
Jan 18, 2017, 09:57 AM
A little follow-up video. You'll be able to fly your full-size P-51 (with Merlin) in your mind - no gym needed.

incredible 7D hologram - Funny Vine - Whale 7D image - Vines 2016 (1 min 20 sec)
Oct 03, 2017, 11:11 AM
I just wanted to provide another progress update on the DX256 technology.

Andy
Oct 04, 2017, 03:33 AM
Decrepit airframe under repair

DX256 control systems...

I wonder what would happen to the plane if I tried to swat away one of those pesky flies that circle around my head at our flying field...

Steve.
Oct 04, 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
My granddaughter is taking bioengineering at Utah State .
Very interesting stuff and she loves it
Hope it pays well
Oct 08, 2017, 07:08 PM

Secret Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Shhhh. I am beta testing invisible my DX257 at this time. Results are astounding!
Jan 03, 2018, 09:19 AM
Apparently Spektrum isn't the only one...

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/01/...-thoughts.html

But Nissan's idea is so 2020's. They still need a physical car for this

Andy
Feb 26, 2018, 05:54 PM
Love this stuff - the lighthearted stuff too.
Till then, the problem with getting the desirable "touch requirement" for hand operated devices eludes some of he designers
Such as; What is the ideal touch requirement for mechanical keys and or touch screen activation?
When is one type more desireable than the other .
The lowly twist to activate/ change knob has been abandoned by many designers probably due to cost yet it is stil one of the best type devices for positive, accurate operation ,even without looking.
Some car designers have adapted the huge touch screen approach for radio, heating etc., which means ALL the operators attention must be focused on the device -even for simple changes.
One of my favorite cars (a Honda) had a different feel for each device , which meant I could drive the thing and make necessary changes without ever looking at the control knob/button lever etc..
I also had a Lincoln Continental which had a row of identical push button controls
,making correct choice all but impossible.
The TOP OF THE LINE TX , to me would be designed such that valid controls changes were always felt by fingertips.
The Howard Hill approach ?
Fun to think about.
Feb 26, 2018, 07:42 PM
No bounce, No play.
Like different shaped knobs on the control pedestal of airplanes.

Quick Reply