This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:24 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Did it!

When in doubt, go to the source.

I bought that little Thunder Tiger Bearcat I've been blogging about from the Pegasus Hobbies booth at the AMA expo. They just put the receiver-ready version on their website, in fact.

Gave 'em a call with the part number...success! My credit card is only eight bucks lighter.

It'll get the Suppo outrunner and ESC I used in my Frankensteinian Flyzone Cessna, now retired after its final crash. For that matter, I got that motor and ESC at the AMA about four years ago and it has very little runtime since that Cessna spent more time tip stalling and crashing than it did flying. It just isn't worth repairing, but it was fun while it lasted.

Oh, and I'll fly it with a computerized spread spectrum radio. 27MHz is so 1990s.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2015, 11:33 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Sounds like everyone is building with spare parts! But to be fair, I used FM since before spectrum came around and I believe until DSM2 showed up. While I didnt update "with the times" I could fly whatever planes I was flying forever and a day away from me.

Adam
Jan 23, 2015, 10:20 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
If this were an FM radio, I'd probably keep it. It's AM and the club where I fly is close to Interstate 10. A trucker on CB with a linear amp could do some really bad things.

I was thinking of using the Tactic radio I'd installed in the old Cessna, but the transmitter has no EPA settings. Aileron throw is ridiculous, even with a single servo. I'm going to give it a try on my OrangeTx T-SIX so that I can electronically reduce the throw.

Quick Reply