Thread Tools
Feb 15, 2020, 11:00 PM
Makin' future-scrap
jimbo12's Avatar
PS.
Swept wings are absolutely 100% useless at RC speeds. They have zero advantages. We don’t produce any supersonic shockwaves going 100 mph.


Maybe, but they sure look cool!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 07:19 AM
Registered User
atreis's Avatar
Commercial airliners don't go supersonic, aren't built to look good, but do have gently swept wings ... There must be some other purpose to them than handling supersonic speeds.
Feb 16, 2020, 08:51 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
barracudahockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade_D
They are!

“By obstructing span-wise airflow along the wing, wing fences prevent the entire wing from stalling at once”.

Get in to an aggravated, uncoordinated accelerated stall with and without them and see the difference.

Most of the people don’t notice any differences because they don’t know how and when to look for the differences.

PS.
Swept wings are absolutely 100% useless at RC speeds. They have zero advantages. We don’t produce any supersonic shockwaves going 100 mph.

http://heli-air.net/2016/02/25/disad...f-swept-wings/
That's true, I have very little experience with jets so maybe I never got mine into a situation where it mattered or didn't understand it when I did.....
Feb 16, 2020, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Commercial airliners don't go supersonic, aren't built to look good, but do have gently swept wings ... There must be some other purpose to them than handling supersonic speeds.
The air over the top of the wing in a commercial airliner is supersonic at cruising speed, the wing is swept to eliminate vibrations.
As far as installing the wing fences go, I do it because it’s one of those things you don’t need until you need it. I think they look pretty cool on the Hawk and Avanti.
Feb 16, 2020, 05:50 PM
Registered User
atreis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake
The air over the top of the wing in a commercial airliner is supersonic at cruising speed, the wing is swept to eliminate vibrations.
That makes sense. Thanks.
Feb 16, 2020, 07:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
That makes sense. Thanks.
No problem.
If you want a better explanation google “transonic airflow”
Feb 19, 2020, 04:27 PM
AMA L-983978
MikePS's Avatar
I got into aggravated, uncoordinated accelerated stall with my second wife...or maybe it was just that I was aggravated, she was uncordinated and it accelerated into stall , which led directly to a divorce.
Feb 19, 2020, 06:55 PM
Registered User
I got into aggravated, uncoordinated accelerated stall with my second wife...or maybe it was just that I was aggravated, she was uncordinated and it accelerated into stall , which led directly to a divorce.


And for that my friend you get the “post of the day” trophy.
🏆
Feb 25, 2020, 11:22 AM
Team Futaba
Neilbo4's Avatar
Next container will be arriving at the end of April - reach out to reserve your next airframe!

Neil
www.sebartusa.com
[email protected]
443-961-7050
Feb 26, 2020, 08:34 PM
Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations
T-CAT's Avatar
Well, finally I received my second Avanti. I wanted the yellow paint scheme for something different. The tracking info. was a pain because it seemed so inconsistent and being stuck in customs, etc. The box was pretty beat up, but thankfully the plane is intact. There are small paint blemishes, but nothing massive, and I can live with it. I still have to check the wings and horizontal stabs. for damage.

I ordered this jet from Lindinger on 1/31/20, and it just arrived yesterday on 2/25/20. So, about 3.5 weeks for delivery, which seems uncommon as my first order from Lindinger was MUCH quicker. I imagine it was the shipping company and customs that delayed it so long.
Feb 26, 2020, 10:15 PM
LANDING!!!!
rking3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilbo4
Next container will be arriving at the end of April - reach out to reserve your next airframe!

Neil
www.sebartusa.com
[email protected]
443-961-7050
Do you carry the wing bags, with space for the wing fence? or fuselage bag?
Feb 26, 2020, 11:12 PM
Makin' future-scrap
jimbo12's Avatar
I ordered a Jeti REX6A from Lindinger and it was a small envelope. It took 4-weeks to get to CA. So, sounds like you did okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
Well, finally I received my second Avanti. I wanted the yellow paint scheme for something different. The tracking info. was a pain because it seemed so inconsistent and being stuck in customs, etc. The box was pretty beat up, but thankfully the plane is intact. There are small paint blemishes, but nothing massive, and I can live with it. I still have to check the wings and horizontal stabs. for damage.

I ordered this jet from Lindinger on 1/31/20, and it just arrived yesterday on 2/25/20. So, about 3.5 weeks for delivery, which seems uncommon as my first order from Lindinger was MUCH quicker. I imagine it was the shipping company and customs that delayed it so long.
Feb 26, 2020, 11:16 PM
Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations
T-CAT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
I ordered a Jeti REX6A from Lindinger and it was a small envelope. It took 4-weeks to get to CA. So, sounds like you did okay.
Wow, that's bananas. My other Avanti order took signifactly less than this, but maybe that was a fluke. Hopefully others will chime in on their delivery time frames. It's okay if mine took almost 4 weeks, but I it is a bit odd considering I can order an aircraft from RC-Castle and have it usually within 1.5 weeks, and 2 weeks at the latest.
Feb 26, 2020, 11:18 PM
Makin' future-scrap
jimbo12's Avatar
What is even worse is when your order gets to the USA from Germany and DHL decides they cannot figure the address out and send it back to Germany. I've had that happen twice.
Feb 26, 2020, 11:54 PM
Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations
T-CAT's Avatar
Ugh, now that would irritate me.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools