Jan 22, 2015, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Multiplex Heron 2.4m

MULTIPLEX Heron [english] (2 min 56 sec)

The MULTIPLEX HERON is a high-performance electric glider with T-tail and high-efficiency four-flap wing. With its elegant wings and flowing fuselage lines it responds superbly to thermals. When required, the efficient PERMAX brushless motor and folding propeller (RR version) deliver plenty of propulsive power. Its docile flying characteristics and excellent performance in the air ensure that the HERON provides a maximum of flying pleasure, whether you are a weekend pilot or an 'old hand'. You can enjoy floating through the air for long periods, as well as lively aerobatics - all with elegance and precision.

The extravagant four-flap wing with its extremely stiff CFRP / ALUMINIUM tubular spar technology sets entirely new standards in the 2.40 metre span class. The flaps are a standard feature, making pin-point landings child's play, improving the launch characteristics and giving the pilot a broad performance spectrum for high speed, aerobatics and thermalling.

Our tip is to fit out this exciting electric glider with our MULTIGyro G3, which effortlessly compensates for the effects of gusts and turbulence. The gyro gives you the sensation of piloting a perfectly trimmed, much larger model through the air.

The Heron is available as an RR version and in kit-form.

RR versions (factory-assembled model including motor and servos, servo extension leads, decals applied).

For the kit version we recommend the corresponding "HERON / SOLIUS" power set # 33 3660, which MULTIPLEX has selected to be a perfect match to the HERON, delivering a powerful, steep climb.

Among the outstanding features of this ELAPORŪ model are the many new, innovative and extravagant detail features which ensure that it sets new standards in its class.

- Four-flap wing for high performance in the air (camber-changing flaps) and accurate spot-landings (butterfly / crow)
- Broad performance spectrum: high-speed, aerobatics, thermalling
- Innovative CFRP / ALUMINIUM tubular spar technology for strong, stiff wings
- GRP "M-SPACE technology" for a rigid fuselage
- RR version includes high-power brushless motor and folding propeller
- clear canopy with highly detailed cockpit
- Detachable wings and tailplane for ease of transport
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2015, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specriv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JywuwdjiN4

The MULTIPLEX HERON is a high-performance electric glider with T-tail and high-efficiency four-flap wing. With its elegant wings and flowing fuselage lines it responds superbly to thermals. When required, the efficient PERMAX brushless motor and folding propeller (RR version) deliver plenty of propulsive power. Its docile flying characteristics and excellent performance in the air ensure that the HERON provides a maximum of flying pleasure, whether you are a weekend pilot or an 'old hand'. You can enjoy floating through the air for long periods, as well as lively aerobatics - all with elegance and precision.

The extravagant four-flap wing with its extremely stiff CFRP / ALUMINIUM tubular spar technology sets entirely new standards in the 2.40 metre span class. The flaps are a standard feature, making pin-point landings child's play, improving the launch characteristics and giving the pilot a broad performance spectrum for high speed, aerobatics and thermalling.

Our tip is to fit out this exciting electric glider with our MULTIGyro G3, which effortlessly compensates for the effects of gusts and turbulence. The gyro gives you the sensation of piloting a perfectly trimmed, much larger model through the air.

The Heron is available as an RR version and in kit-form.

RR versions (factory-assembled model including motor and servos, servo extension leads, decals applied).

For the kit version we recommend the corresponding "HERON / SOLIUS" power set # 33 3660, which MULTIPLEX has selected to be a perfect match to the HERON, delivering a powerful, steep climb.

Among the outstanding features of this ELAPORŪ model are the many new, innovative and extravagant detail features which ensure that it sets new standards in its class.

- Four-flap wing for high performance in the air (camber-changing flaps) and accurate spot-landings (butterfly / crow)
- Broad performance spectrum: high-speed, aerobatics, thermalling
- Innovative CFRP / ALUMINIUM tubular spar technology for strong, stiff wings
- GRP "M-SPACE technology" for a rigid fuselage
- RR version includes high-power brushless motor and folding propeller
- clear canopy with highly detailed cockpit
- Detachable wings and tailplane for ease of transport
I have seen the manual that is identical to Solius.

Heron have flaps and winglets that bring wingspan to 2.40 m vs 2.160 of Solius

I'm curious if the performance is better than solius
Jan 23, 2015, 07:51 AM
Plastic Buddha
I will be watching this one. Not sure if it will be different enough from Solius to be worth the effort. We'll see.
They should have stretched it closer to 3M IMO.

If they fit, it might be worth picking up just a set of wings to upgrade the Solius a tad.
Jan 23, 2015, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica

If they fit, it might be worth picking up just a set of wings to upgrade the Solius a tad.
Just what I was thinking!
Jan 23, 2015, 03:36 PM
First review:
http://www.test.modellpilot.eu/heron...x-modellsport/

Perhaps You have to register as guest.
Jan 24, 2015, 08:24 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Thought I was done with foam E sailplanes until I saw THIS. Looks kinda cool
Might be fun to mess around with. Hope it can thermal at least somewhat.
When are these Gona hit the U.S.???
What's anticipated price of the RR version ?

I once had a HK Fox with about same wingspan, and it flew pretty nice, could thermal surprisingly well for what it was,, but it wasn't FH like this one. Yes I'd DEFINATELY be interested in this one. ;-)
Jan 24, 2015, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha1108
First review:

The worst review I view before now. He has realized that it is a glider?
Jan 24, 2015, 09:26 AM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha1108
First review:

Yep .. looks that way. Sort of makes the link worthless, does it not? Anyway, in a week or so the net will be filled with reviews about this plane.
Jan 24, 2015, 07:17 PM
Looks very promising, should be nice addition to the Solius. Simple PnP nice scale looking sailplane. I am wondering if the wings are interchangeable?

Zb/Esprit Model
Jan 24, 2015, 09:17 PM

Misleading Advertising - Four-Flaps????

Quote:
Originally Posted by specriv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JywuwdjiN4

Why is Mulltiplex B.S'ing us - claiming the Heron has a "Four-flap wing", when a review of the manual shows that each wing has one aileron and one flap, that is, this is a conventional glider with ailerons and flaps. Many full scale airliners have four flaps (plus ailerons of course), but this glider sure does not seem to have that four-flap configuration. Indeed, this Heron has the same configuration as a Bixler with flaps!

The marketing guys need to go learn to fly and how to talk honestly to pilots, and not feed us B.S. like this, thinking they can claim anything they want to get newbies to believe it and buy their product.

When I first saw the video, I was hyped and added the Heron to my sort list of new potential buys for 2015. After finding this advertising B.S. about a four-flap wing however, I now wonder how much other misleading information they are feeding us, and have moved this one to the bottom of the list.
Jan 24, 2015, 09:22 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySailor
Why is Mulltiplex B.S'ing us - claiming the Heron has a "Four-flap wing", when a review of the manual shows that each wing has one aileron and one flap, that is, this is a conventional glider with ailerons and flaps. Many full scale airliners have four flaps (plus ailerons of course), but this glider sure does not seem to have that four-flap configuration. Indeed, this Heron has the same configuration as a Bixler with flaps!

The marketing guys need to go learn to fly and how to talk honestly to pilots, and not feed us B.S. like this, thinking they can claim anything they want to get newbies to believe it and buy their product.

When I first saw the video, I was hyped and added the Heron to my sort list of new potential buys for 2015. After finding this advertising B.S. about a four-flap wing however, I now wonder how much other misleading information they are feeding us, and have moved this one to the bottom of the list.
'B.Sing'? Over reacting a bit aren't you? MPX have never been known to B.S. or mis-represent anything. It is likely someone made a mistake in typesetting or nomenclature. Nothing more.

Stay with the Bixler.
Jan 25, 2015, 09:57 AM
Plastic Buddha
Quote:

LOL, like Lou noted above...relax bro, it's just nomenclature... there are four flaps, two on each wing and they flap up and down. Or you could call the outboard ones ''Ailerons''' if you like.

The only thing I don't like about their press, is that they mostly fly the thing around the sky under power for some reason. It was really bad when Solius came out: they had it screaming around in the promo video, was great piloting but hardly the main mission for the plane. Other more representative vids will appear in time.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:12 AM
Quote:

I think this is only a case of using different terminology--either intentionally or by accident in translation. I knew right away that they wouldn't put two sets of flaps or two sets of ailerons on a 2.6 meter wing--that wouldn't make much sense.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a Multiplex fanboy. I've owned at least a half-dozen of their planes, from a the 4 meter ASH26 glass ship to the FunCub. But I've never seen anything from them that was intentionally misleading or just plain false.
Last edited by wjjones; Aug 13, 2015 at 05:20 AM.
Jan 25, 2015, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica
The only thing I don't like about their press, is that they mostly fly the thing around the sky under power for some reason.
They need the power because of the high wing load.
Wing load Solius: 27 g/dmē
Wing load Heron: 37 g/dmē
Last edited by microheli; Jan 25, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
Jan 25, 2015, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli
They need the power because of the high wing load.
Wing load Solius: 27 g/dmē
Wing load Heron: 37 g/dmē
Where do you get those figures from ?

Quick Reply