Jan 22, 2015, 05:56 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Blade Nano QX 3D BNF & RTF

Apparently Horizon Germany slipped up and set up a page for a new iteration of the Nano QX a bit early:

http://www.horizonhobby.de/unsere-ma...ano-qx-3d.html

The cliffs:
three flight modes (stability, EVO*, 3D agility),
"reversed motor layout"**
180° and 360° flips at the press of a button,
LED lighting,
new 200mAh 30C battery.

* EVO mode is discribed comperable to the 200QXs 3D stagility mode, but with reversed throttle when the quad is flipped, i.e. more throttle makes the Nano go up, no matter if it's upside up or upside down.

** whatever that means excatly, it appears that they actually not just put a new FC and motors on the existing frame

Anyway, they made me curious.

EDIT:
Video is now online via the above link, but not on youtube, so I can't embed.
I was able to grab some pictures though:

EDIT#2:

US site is finally up:

http://www.bladehelis.com/NanoQX3D/

as well as the pricing:
99$ for the BNF,
129$ RTF

EDIT#3:
Manual:
http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...nual-MULTI.pdf

Official HD Videos on youtube:
Blade® Nano QX 3D Quadcopter (1 min 59 sec)

Blade® Nano QX 3D Tech Notes (3 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Mac Smith; Jan 29, 2015 at 07:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2015, 07:55 AM
Forward ever, backward never!
Holy moly!

I wonder what motivated the upside-down configuration? To use prop guards as landing gear? To improved thrust in 3D reverse? I also wonder what running the coreless brushed motors in reverse will do to motor life? I imagine it can't be too good.

In any case, this will be a perfect lightweight and harmless 3D quad trainer. I'm delighted to see Horizon Hobby/Blade continue to innovate!

PS: The frame looks like it's based on the Pico QX, judging by the double arms. Or maybe they've found the double arms are more rigid and less susceptible to twisting than the original Nano QX frame?
Jan 22, 2015, 12:00 PM
Good find��

I can't find video via above link . Help��
Jan 22, 2015, 12:17 PM
I think they pulled it.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:20 PM
Horizon Germany website was also the first to reveal the 350 QX 3. Also prematurely. Their webmaster clearly did not learn his lesson. The beatings should be underway by now.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:40 PM
[]

Google translation...

Nano QX 3D RTF
generally
specifications
Kit contents
comments
The Blade Nano QX 3D feels most comfortable with a decent amount of action at high speed flips , hair -pin turns and especially in inverted flight ! The SAFE technology makes it more flight modes to choose from and provides both a clean flight behavior as well as a helpful self-stabilization . A refined design and reverse motor arrangement make the Nano QX 3D light yet super stable . If you train your 3D action on soft carpet or grass , even crashes usually remain without consequences.
Aerobatics made ​​easy
The SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology is a revolutionary electronic attitude stabilization. It causes the Nano QX 3D even in windy conditions consistently good performance zeigt- And for every level of experience , there are the right flight mode. This allows you to fly just as you want it .
Stability Fashion
The pitch and roll angles are limited . When you release the joystick , the Quadcopter stabilized itself and returns a stable hover . Class effect : By pressing a button , you can trigger automatic 360 -degree flips in each direction.
EVO Fashion
In this mode, you go a step further . Button, the blade alone in the back of flight or pivots back from it. In this case, the controller is not changed , no matter what situation you are in. The self-stabilization and the limitation of the inclination angle are retained.
3D agility Fashion
Here are all air tools are disabled. You get the maximum maneuverability for the full 3D experience . In vertical flight are a negative attack and 51-100 % , a positive thrust available at 0-50 % gas.
FEATURES
Complete fully assembled quadricopter
SAFE technology for smooth flying
Flip 180-360 ° in any direction at your fingertips
Installed Brightly colored LEDs
Sturdy , lightweight design with rotor protection
Robust Corless engines bring positive and negative thrust
Ultra Micro 4 -in-1 DSMX receiver / ESC / Mixer / SAFE sensor unit
Incl . Extra set of rotor blades
1S 3.7V 200mAh E -flite 30C LiPo battery (included )
Compact USB LiPo charger (included )
Last edited by Toothfairy; Jan 22, 2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Fake ass video��
Jan 22, 2015, 03:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
I think they pulled it.
Last time I checked, it was still there, but it only seems to work in Firefox on a PC since it's embedded with Flash.
Jan 22, 2015, 05:02 PM
Wow. Looks fantastic! Blade didn't go the easy route and just add LEDs and automatic flips, they did a substantial redesign and added something completely new in this category: inverted flight! Far more interesting than headless mode for a micro.

Looks like the prop guard/landing gear are part of the motor mount, which is not part of the main frame. So if you break one you can easily replace it without replacing the whole frame.

Also the canopy appears to be more substantial as well.

Wonder how the flight times will be.
Jan 22, 2015, 05:28 PM
Flyer
Here's a page with some additional pics.

http://www.helicomicro.com/nano-qx-3d/
Jan 22, 2015, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
Horizon Germany website was also the first to reveal the 350 QX 3. Also prematurely. Their webmaster clearly did not learn his lesson. The beatings should be underway by now.
Ah, that's right, Macnoodle! I wonder how soon the Nürnberg Toy Show is coming up? I can't even remember what month it was.
Jan 22, 2015, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairwalk View Post

Good find, Rairwalk! But mince alors! Leave it to the French spies to get all the juicy pictures!

Interesting to note that the Nano QX 3D will be able to land, and thus also take off, upside-down. As HelicoMicro points out, this will make it much easier to practice inverted flight. No need to learn how to flip into inverted first.
Jan 22, 2015, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
Ah, that's right, Macnoodle! I wonder how soon the Nürnberg Toy Show is coming up? I can't even remember what month it was.
Jan. 28th - Feb. 2nd

http://nurembergtoyfair.com/
Jan 22, 2015, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairwalk View Post

Nice find, thanks.
My French is rusty, but I'll get to it on the morning.
Jan 22, 2015, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
Wonder how the flight times will be.
Considering the impact the 3D props take on the 200QX's flight times, I'd be surprised if it exceeds 4 minutes, despite the new 200mAh batteries (which I can't wait to try on the Nano FPV btw) .
Jan 22, 2015, 07:46 PM
I wonder if it's gonna be worth paying $80-$100 for the BNF version (my guess), when you can get the no-camera BNF version of the 180 QX for $90: http://www.horizonhobby.com/180-qx-b...camera-blh7485

Quick Reply