Nov 18, 2015, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofpd9330
I just ordered one these, couldn't resist the price $125 for a large plane. The shipping came in at $23.xx but I needed a motor also for another plane. When I added the motor I checked the shipping again. It went down to $17.xx this is the second time I ordered a plane and got cheaper shipping by adding another small item. So if there something else you can use when ordering a plane from HK, you may be able to get a shipping discount.
Good to know, thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2015, 05:58 AM
Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Now on Sale at the AU warehouse for US$105. I just joined the club

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Nov 20, 2015, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus
Now on Sale at the AU warehouse for US$105. I just joined the club

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!! lol...AU$90 less than I paid..... Have you seen the price of the DC-3 KIT?? US$19.00
Nov 20, 2015, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
Have you seen the price of the DC-3 KIT?? US$19.00
That deal is long gone.
Nov 20, 2015, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon
That deal is long gone.
I saw it last night before I went to bed Shipping was going to be around AU$90.. Still a bargain...BUT.....I bought one months ago...Need to check now to see whats on offer.
Nov 21, 2015, 12:53 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
My wife hates it when I buy a plane that I already have. Just because it's a good deal.

I can buy planes all day long, but she gets annoyed when I have more than 1 of the same. Still might order me another PC 6. My Porter is about a year old now, and still going strong. FMS Edge 540 motor and prop. 80 amp ESC. I am running some 3.5 inch Dubro tires, but I think I'm gonna switch back to Kavans. I used my other Kavans for a different project. Time to get a set for the Porter.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Nov 21, 2015, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
My wife hates it when I buy a plane that I already have. Just because it's a good deal.

I can buy planes all day long, but she gets annoyed when I have more than 1 of the same. Still might order me another PC 6. My Porter is about a year old now, and still going strong. FMS Edge 540 motor and prop. 80 amp ESC. I am running some 3.5 inch Dubro tires, but I think I'm gonna switch back to Kavans. I used my other Kavans for a different project. Time to get a set for the Porter.
Greedy bugga Cub.... Still Cant look a gift horse in the mouth... I'm surprised you didn't buy the DC-3 KIT at $19+shipping.
Nov 21, 2015, 01:12 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
Greedy bugga Cub.... Still Cant look a gift horse in the mouth... I'm surprised you didn't buy the DC-3 KIT at $19+shipping.
Too many irons in the fire. My Dynam DC3 on floats is going strong. That's good enough for now.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Nov 21, 2015, 12:06 PM
My 2nd one came in yesterday(11/20) in perfect condition with not a mark on the shipping box. Quite surprising from FedEx.

Denny
Nov 21, 2015, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepap
My 2nd one came in yesterday(11/20) in perfect condition with not a mark on the shipping box. Quite surprising from FedEx.

Denny
Same here. Not a scratch on it, delivered from FedEx also.
Nov 21, 2015, 03:37 PM

why such a large battery

I got mine today super fast and did a quick test flight with a 2200mah battery and got at least 9 minutes of flying and that was with very strong winds;.battery came down still cold so I am not convinced that that plane takes much amps.

any reason they are specking a larger battery ?

I did not check the CG and the plane fell a little bit tail heavy so maybe a larger batter is what it takes
Nov 21, 2015, 05:15 PM
CN,
You still on the stock gear you were using at CV? I have one on the way, when I get my right hand back, think it will be fun.

L.
Nov 21, 2015, 06:19 PM
FPV IT
Got my plane today, boy it's huge! But it has its issues, the top hatch won't stay closed, it looks like a plastic latch area on the plane is missing. Both flap servo's motors just keep spinning and need to be replaced, if they failed that quickly I can see there all getting replaced! Also I don't know if the China people are trying to be funny or have no idea how to spell the English language, just use Google for God's sake. Check out my attached pic. "the nevere nding story..." let me fix it for them "The never ending story."
Nov 21, 2015, 06:31 PM
He who stalls....falls!
Have just joined the club also.

(Couldn't resist the price from Oz warehouse at present)
Seems like everyone's fairly happy with these, so looking
forward to flying, and first go at (electric) aero-tow.
Nov 21, 2015, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1985D
Have just joined the club also.

(Couldn't resist the price from Oz warehouse at present)
Seems like everyone's fairly happy with these, so looking
forward to flying, and first go at (electric) aero-tow.
I got mine a few months ago..BUGGA!!!!!!!!

There are issues.. The "bomb drop" door is plastic and bends so I removed it and made a foam cover.
The "clevises ALL need replaced as the pins are brittle and break at the slightest touch... I replaced mine with the "ball joint" kit for the Kinetic.

I also upgraded the main gear and added more navigation lights.

SO..even after all that...If your getting it for under AU$150 your getting a great buy... Just check..EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Quick Reply