Fly Model Green SBACH342 30cc Version 2 Build !! - RC Groups
Jan 16, 2015, 06:39 PM
Build Log

Fly Model Green SBACH342 30cc Version 2 Build !!

SBACH342 30cc Version 2

New Features:

Side-force generation (SFG) additon
C/F reinforcement in wings and fuselage
C/F wing tube
C/F landing gear and tail gear
PU rubber wheels
C/F control horns

Specifications:
Wing Span: 1860mm / 73in
Wing area:1014sq in / 65.4 sq dm
Flying weight: 4400g - 5000g
Fuselage length: 1700mm / 67 in
Engine Required: 30 cc Gas Engine
Radio Required: 4 Channels ; 5-6 Servos

So today I have received my new Fly Model green 30 cc Sbach 342 V2 from RC Jets World when it arrived there was slight damage to the outside box
as you can see in the picture the good thing is that it is double boxed and there was no damage to plane
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2015, 07:29 PM
One thing we like to do with any plane is go over the glue joint just to make sure the joints are glued well and it just makes sure nothing will break loose in future.
Jan 16, 2015, 07:36 PM
The carbon landing gear looks super nice the holes where pre drilled for mounting and wheel pants . (Make sure to use loctite all machine screws and grub screws throughout the build)
Jan 16, 2015, 07:40 PM
The tail wheel is also carbon fiber and super nice one thing we did is after we drill the holes for the tail is take the screws back out and put a drop of CA in the holes so the screw do not back out and this also hardens the wood around the screws.
Jan 17, 2015, 02:49 AM
NZ - Where Kiwi's love to fly.
"Here is one I prepared earlier" (V1 model)
Based on what I found, watch the fine point's on the lightning bolt covering on the wings and horizontal stab's, my would peel off by only looking too hard at them.
Your's looks to have the bit of wing between the aileron and the fuse as part of the wing from the get go, you had to glue that bit on with the 1st version - nice change if they have altered that. You also got the larger 'sbach 342' stickers you lucky thing you - I had to cut mine from scratch using sign writers self adhesive vinyl as they were not included, lucky it was a near exact match, as I then took the time to correct the 'thuderbolt' stickers on the aileron to read thunderbot, and even knowing there is a new 'N' in there, I cannot even tell the colours apart (yay)
Good luck with the build!!

PS - SDShobby.com do some nice 3" carbon 'sbach 342' spinners for like $17 - got one on mine!
Last edited by kiwibob72; Jan 17, 2015 at 02:55 AM.
Jan 26, 2015, 09:48 PM
Next thing we did is notch out the elevators ruder and ailerons so it has little to none hing gap
Jan 26, 2015, 09:50 PM
then put together the carbon fiber control horns ( be sure to take of plastic covering on them as seen in the pic)
Jan 26, 2015, 09:53 PM
Measure the elevator on both side to get it lined up then mark lines down the fuse and cut out the covering and then measure to make sure it is square with fuse and then glue
Jan 26, 2015, 09:57 PM
then we took some Vaseline and applied to middle of the hinges to prevent glue locking them up and the loctite 5 min squeeze tube works great to get the epoxy into the holes without a mess
Jan 26, 2015, 10:00 PM
tail wheel assemble
Jan 26, 2015, 10:04 PM
gluing SFG
Jan 26, 2015, 10:08 PM
drilling holes for the motor mounts and throttle linkage