Feb 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
Black Label Society
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nice flying Reuben, I probably would have run into you if I knew you had those sneakers. It's like I could see you from the front door with that color Man! LOL
yeah, everyone I meet comments on ny sneakers. One time someone said they look like traffic cones
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofyflier
I enjoyed it, but the only thing, no one took me seriously. Of course I'm 11 and no one expects an 11 year old walking about asking vendors questions about things. Only one of them who helped me out was Dan from LazerToyz. Even registering for AMA, they thought it was my Dad who wanted to register, but But when I said its me registering they seemed surprised. And when the lady was explaining the magazine types, she assumed he already had a registration.
I can tell that most people aren't expecting kids to get into the hobby on their own.
Thank you for the Nice comment .
Dan
Feb 27, 2015, 06:49 PM
When pigs fly rc
Dan is the man! He got me hooked into rc and then my buddies.
Apr 05, 2015, 05:48 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
You can really see the lack of understanding in this industry from "hobby to business".
We assume because its our hobby that its everyones hobby that happen to be in the hobby business. That is not always the case and if run correctly, those individuals that run successful companies can do so despite the industry.
My point is that the lacking show luster is not the fault of WRAM or the industry, its a combination of both based on demand and venue of this show .
Just look at the videos on this show and tell me what you find the most interesting ?
Its the models themselves ( if your like me ) you need and want eye candy.
Its the same thing with Hobby Shops ---scarce on inventory and "we can order that " ok so can I !
You need marketing and venders with models , with inventory and you need traffic.
Now why is the PA swap meeting so successful ? is it location , cost , venue ??
No , its the models , ton of eye candy , tons to buy , its busy with opportunities !
You can not generate foot traffic without visual appeal and visual appeal comes from having models, supplies , and items on interest to see and touch.
My suggestion to save this show ???
1) make its a major large swap meet
2)then have special vender section
3)Keep the design build contest add junior and senior section
4)add static plastic model section for builders to compete --best way to get new RCs is to get new builders !!!
5)reduce vender entry fee and encourage show deal
Apr 05, 2015, 08:57 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Wonderfully said. I went to a swap this past sunday, huge turnout that had many personal tables and few vendors ......... lots of eye candy, and everything I brought sold. The gang always mention the swap deal at every event and it draws them and me in alike. It's funny that every year at the WRAM show, I sell my older stuff to buy newer stuff. My daughter has won best in show in past so there is a JR award . Any display or contest is a welcome sight at any show and I participate either way every year. To see a work of art like the flying pterodactyl blew me away.
Apr 06, 2015, 05:52 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thank you , I see the same thing with struggleing hobby shops. In my professional career I run two businesses, one is consumer product sales and the other consumer product consulting.
When traveling on business I have seen some of the most successful hobby shops in the USA .
The key is to success is having inventory yet inventory can kill a hobby shop, so what is the answer ? Well from my observations again its about the eye candy ! The successful shops take used goods on consignment , under contract with the seller so that when the plane or car sells, the cash is used in the shop on existing items or a new order.
What does this accomplish ? Well think about this , from the outside of the shop you see planes hanging and the store looks full, interesting and fun . From the inside you see the same thing but now realize the planes are for sale .
How many time have you seen this in a new shop when visiting an area and you cant help yourself from just looking up , I mean 30 mins as you walk around you have not even started to look at the store , you looking at the eye candy !
I have seen a shop in Pa , that is gigantic , great opportunity waiting to happen and virtually totally empty ! The parts for cars are in bins, you would need to go thru over 60 bins just to see the part you need.
Its large so its dimley lit assuming super electric bill , it thrives on paint and glue and train assortments but is super weak RC .
They have about 10 ARFs and about 5 kits ( I have more in my basement lol ) .
THat is all ok but again the space and opportunity to thirive and not just survive is totally missed !!
I even spoke to the owner with some of his associates and the associates thought the idea of used RC was incredible but the owner just shrugged his shoulder, no real interest.
So I visted the store last week for some parts, ok same on me , no parts lol .
So I went 90 min north on the weeked to another shop in Allentown that does a great job with variety, used eye candy , new stock and something for everyone !
The show and hobby shop business can and should be the same
Apr 06, 2015, 07:48 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Good, can you give me the name or add of that store in Allentown cause we hit dorney park each year and I want to explore different shops ....or eye candy, LOL . I did like you and wandered into this other hobby shop that had "nothing"! it was not even worth the drive. I called from hotel and he says, sure come down......I did not want to insult him and he was trying ! I wish him the best because he's was a nice person, but you pointed out the many variables of owning a store or working with public. Much harder to survive today for sure!
Apr 06, 2015, 08:54 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
sure -Trains, and Lanes --loaded to brim with arfs, kits and tons of support stuff

Trains and Lanes Hobbies Home Page
www.trainsandlaneshobbyshop.com/
Trains and Lanes Hobbies is your go to spot for all things Train and RC! We carry RC Cars, Planes, Helicopters, Quads, Boats, trians, and layout materials!
Apr 06, 2015, 09:23 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Cool, thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply