Thread Tools
Jan 22, 2015, 10:48 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Also announced by BG http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X8C-Venture-with-2MP-5MP-Wide-Angle-Camera-2_4G-4CH-RC-Quadcopter-p-965758.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Jan 22, 2015 at 01:47 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2015, 12:23 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvand
That sounds better!

Looks like I'm going to have to purchase stock in Syma just to get some of my money back that I've given/will give them!
No, put your money in the Bejing Electwic motor company....

Here is another large quad with "Mystery" motors. The seller claims (I asked) it is brushless. But even the DFD F183 she is selling is described as brushless...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-4G-...260940285.html

Who knows?
Jan 22, 2015, 12:27 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
That link comes up a 404 Seby.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:31 PM
Working to make things happen!
HeliStorm (FPV America)'s Avatar
I have reached out to my contacts about this one, as I just heard about it today. Like others, I think it COULD be brushless, but will wait and see. Here is a working link to the BG posting.

http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X8C-Ven...-p-965758.html
Jan 22, 2015, 12:38 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm (FPV America)
I have reached out to my contacts about this one, as I just heard about it today. Like others, I think it COULD be brushless, but will wait and see. Here is a working link to the BG posting.

http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X8C-Ven...-p-965758.html
Well, being Syma, it should be half good. This toy grade stuff is becoming more sophisticated all the time. Maybe its using ordinary can motors..380 type etc?.

As you say, will have to wait and see.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:55 PM
Working to make things happen!
HeliStorm (FPV America)'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
Well, being Syma, it should be half good. This toy grade stuff is becoming more sophisticated all the time. Maybe its using ordinary can motors..380 type etc?.

As you say, will have to wait and see.
The toy stuff is getting better! Its kind of amazing, really.
Jan 22, 2015, 01:19 PM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Thread OP
GearBest already confirmed from Syma that it is *not* brushless.
Jan 22, 2015, 01:30 PM
Working to make things happen!
HeliStorm (FPV America)'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
GearBest already confirmed from Syma that it is *not* brushless.
What a shame. With the price of the motors getting cheaper (and the cost to the manufacturers even cheaper, I am sure) and the proven ability to utilize brushless motors (albeit in a hacked sort of way, but the manufacturers could take notes and build it in standard) with the less-expensive boards many of the manufacturers use, it seems that one of these companies could come out with a sub-hundred dollar brushless. I guess the price-margin just isn't there to make it worth their while, for the moment, especially if there is not a large demand from our side of the cash register.
Jan 22, 2015, 01:48 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Yes .... what's a pity ... maybe their main objective is to sell spare parts ...
Jan 22, 2015, 01:51 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm (FPV America)
What a shame. With the price of the motors getting cheaper (and the cost to the manufacturers even cheaper, I am sure) and the proven ability to utilize brushless motors (albeit in a hacked sort of way, but the manufacturers could take notes and build it in standard) with the less-expensive boards many of the manufacturers use, it seems that one of these companies could come out with a sub-hundred dollar brushless. I guess the price-margin just isn't there to make it worth their while, for the moment, especially if there is not a large demand from our side of the cash register.
I think you have hit the nail on the head price margin wise, and probably market position next to the CX-20's and Phantoms etc. Where would it fit in?.

Still cant help thinking this must be a can motor. Just cant see them going coreless, especially with the TY-923. Thats quite a big quad.
Jan 22, 2015, 01:52 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes .... what's a pity ... maybe their main objective is to sell spare parts ...
Good point!
Jan 22, 2015, 02:23 PM
Working to make things happen!
HeliStorm (FPV America)'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
I think you have hit the nail on the head price margin wise, and probably market position next to the CX-20's and Phantoms etc. Where would it fit in?.

Still cant help thinking this must be a can motor. Just cant see them going coreless, especially with the TY-923. Thats quite a big quad.
A small brushless quad carrying one of these "HD" cameras that these smaller quads are carrying would be a good first step into aerial photography for many people, and could represent a starting point for people wanting to upgrade to bigger and better things down the line, which the company could also manufacture. I guess the brushed quads are already serving the purpose though. As SeByDocky suggested, maybe they are into selling spare parts to offset lower initial cost upfront. The shaver, razor model of business.
Jan 22, 2015, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Definitely a lot cheaper at Banggood compared to Gearbest...
About an hour ago Banggood posted on their FB page that it would be "rumoured" that they will be exclusively selling this quadcopter. https://www.facebook.com/banggood/ph...type=1&theater
There are also some more detailed pictures available with the post.
Jan 22, 2015, 02:50 PM
Working to make things happen!
HeliStorm (FPV America)'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelis
Definitely a lot cheaper at Banggood compared to Gearbest...
About an hour ago Banggood posted on their FB page that it would be "rumoured" that they will be exclusively selling this quadcopter. https://www.facebook.com/banggood/ph...type=1&theater
There are also some more detailed pictures available with the post.
Either that guy is tiny, or this quad is bigger than I was thinking. HAHA
Jan 22, 2015, 03:02 PM
Drone Collector
Blade Runner 350's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm (FPV America)
A small brushless quad carrying one of these "HD" cameras that these smaller quads are carrying would be a good first step into aerial photography for many people, and could represent a starting point for people wanting to upgrade to bigger and better things down the line, which the company could also manufacture. I guess the brushed quads are already serving the purpose though. As SeByDocky suggested, maybe they are into selling spare parts to offset lower initial cost upfront. The shaver, razor model of business.
Yea, i see your point. A sort of "Fisher Price Phantom"...lol!

"Acid trip Orange" is just a terrible colour!...lime green would have done it for me....with Orange stripes.

It all makes for an interesting hobby.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Aerial videos of flights of my Syma X8C Venture R/C Camera Drone The_LED_Museum Micro Multirotor Drones 57 Jul 10, 2018 03:42 PM
Discussion Syma X8C Venture. pilotjack Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Jul 14, 2017 02:02 PM
Mini-Review Orange Syma X8C Venture New Package Quadcopter from Gearbest Sunny_1 Multirotor Drone Talk 19 Jan 18, 2016 06:38 AM