This thread is privately moderated by jason f, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2015, 07:40 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bi-Copter Aerobatics

Here is my scratch-built Bi-Copter doing flips!

I haven't seen any other Bi-Copters doing these maneuvers.

MultiWii Flip controller
17g metal gear servos
3000kv blue wonder motors
5x3 props
2 or 3s lipo.

Motors are directly mounted to the the servos, nice low slop setup.
Turned gains way down on outputs to servo driven channels (pitch and yaw on a bi-copter).

Enjoy!

(1 min 50 sec)
Last edited by jason f; Jan 10, 2015 at 12:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2015, 08:11 AM
Very nice BiCopter .. maybe you can share some info about this copter ...
Jan 09, 2015, 08:39 AM
I haven't looked at/into bicopters before, but is the long 'pedestal' required? Ie. the part that hangs down with the battery on it.

I'm guessing it is to counteract the torque that the servos and spinning motors would impose, but I'm just curious on your thoughts.

Thanks!
J
Jan 09, 2015, 12:12 PM
Waste Nothing
Jason :

Awesome machine . The LOW CG makes this a 3D bird I guess . I would really love to know of which flight controller you used and some basic PID settings . I am trying to make my V22 Osprey work and am kinda stuck . A KK2.1 running OpenAero VTOL . But if your settings were turned down somewhat , it would make an Osprey fly !
Jan 10, 2015, 12:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Very nice BiCopter .. maybe you can share some info about this copter ...
Updated the original post with info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay
I haven't looked at/into bicopters before, but is the long 'pedestal' required? Ie. the part that hangs down with the battery on it.

I'm guessing it is to counteract the torque that the servos and spinning motors would impose, but I'm just curious on your thoughts.

Thanks!
J
The long 'pedestal' and low slung CG definitely seems to help the Bi-Copter's stability in my experience/experimenting.
Jan 10, 2015, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason f
Updated the original post with info.

The long 'pedestal' and low slung CG definitely seems to help the Bi-Copter's stability in my experience/experimenting.
Thanks

Quote:
Motors are directly mounted to the the servos, nice low slop setup.
Can you share a picture please

I have some servo that are looking capable to do this job, to have motor directly connected ... but it will still require a 90deg mount ... still I never "commit" to this in any of my experiments

Quick Reply