Yi Zhan Tarantula X6 - Page 629 - RC Groups
Jul 16, 2017, 07:42 PM
You have had it 3 years. 3 full flights original motors . Carried a heavy Go Pro.
My guess is. It is very tired . Get a bigger quad suggest a Bangtoys X16
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2017, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
You have had it 3 years. 3 full flights original motors . Carried a heavy Go Pro.
My guess is. It is very tired . Get a bigger quad suggest a Bangtoys X16
Thanks! Last night I ve disassembled the x6 for the first time, checked all motors seeking for weird sounds - nothing exceptional happened. Checked resistance (noticed that in some video), all had same resistance so found nothing. Checked all contacts (LEDs etc) nothing there also, cleaned motors a bit also brushed electronics. Tested without motors seems to be that board dont have short because battery did not show loss of voltage.

Connected motors, all turned on so I connected them properly, today will try to turn off one by one to pinpoint eventually faulty motor, probably will notice the voltage loss when I connect bad one.

X16 looks awesome definitely could be nice replacement for tarantula. Thank you!
Jul 17, 2017, 06:39 AM
Even the X16 altitude hold one would be huge improvement. 3 times the flight time. Brushless motors. Altitude hold. Enough to power to lift Cheap camera and gimbal. 300 + meter range. Better transmitter. And by the time you fix the X6 ( if it needs a new board and motors ) you will spend that price of a X16. If you can swing the extra $30 I would go with the GPS one .
Jul 17, 2017, 03:50 PM
Deleted.
Last edited by Pa flyer; Jul 17, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
Jul 17, 2017, 04:29 PM
I definitely managed to do something, just tested tarantula and had 11 minutes of flight with bare quadcopter, no legs, bumpers and camera. Thinking about what I changed recently and all I can remember is that I recently start to fly with attached low voltage warning dongle, maybe there is some bad contact inside ... Will try to fly without it in the future and those 11 minutes looks promising

Thanks guys, I was afraid of disassembling the tarantula before , now I really learned at least what is inside and not to be afraid of screwdriver, also learned how to change the motors (if I have to do it someday) and also how to change the propellers (still use original ones

Best wishes !
Jul 17, 2017, 08:06 PM
I was afraid at first. Now change FCB. And motors even on the pocket quad. ..
Big help make diagram before disassembled and take a Picture.
Jul 18, 2017, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I was afraid at first. Now change FCB. And motors even on the pocket quad. ..
Big help make diagram before disassembled and take a Picture.
Thank you John, best wishes!
Jul 18, 2017, 12:57 PM
Casual RC User
Quote:
Originally Posted by igord2
Thanks! Last night I ve disassembled the x6 for the first time, checked all motors seeking for weird sounds - nothing exceptional happened. Checked resistance (noticed that in some video), all had same resistance so found nothing. Checked all contacts (LEDs etc) nothing there also, cleaned motors a bit also brushed electronics. Tested without motors seems to be that board dont have short because battery did not show loss of voltage.

Connected motors, all turned on so I connected them properly, today will try to turn off one by one to pinpoint eventually faulty motor, probably will notice the voltage loss when I connect bad one.

X16 looks awesome definitely could be nice replacement for tarantula. Thank you!
igord2, you need to get a watt and power analyzer to locate the motor starting to go bad. if you plan on sticking with the hobby they are a good to have for many reasons.
Jul 18, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roashru
igord2, you need to get a watt and power analyzer to locate the motor starting to go bad. if you plan on sticking with the hobby they are a good to have for many reasons.
Thank you mate, yes, have plans to continue flying but cant invest too much into some Phantom or similar (unfortunately), will probably stick to tarantula for some extended period of time. Thank you for the info about the analyzer! Didnt know that something like that exist and that is affordable Will definitely purchase a piece! Best wishes and thank you for the sharing of the knowledge!
Jul 19, 2017, 06:59 PM
Casual RC User
Quote:
Originally Posted by igord2
Thank you mate, yes, have plans to continue flying but cant invest too much into some Phantom or similar (unfortunately), will probably stick to tarantula for some extended period of time. Thank you for the info about the analyzer! Didnt know that something like that exist and that is affordable Will definitely purchase a piece! Best wishes and thank you for the sharing of the knowledge!
the cheapest priced watt and power analyzer i could find when i bought one was the "tenergy 01446" this is an older model about $15-20 u.s. but it gets the job done testing motors, batteries, and chargers. also their is nothing wrong with sticking to the yi zhan x6 and jjrc x6 (same quad) they are cheap to buy and fix compared to other large toy class quadcopters.

if you go to my rc groups blog youll find instructions on how to put micro bolts into the quadcopter drivetrain not added i did the big gear too. i had a issue with self tapping screws breaking.
Last edited by roashru; Jul 19, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Jul 19, 2017, 10:26 PM
Joe 6-pack
All I got to say is wish I got it sooner. I only flew it for a test flight but I like it. I had to start a claim for one dead battery on arrival from Banggood but I'll live. There are many batteries out there so I will wait for recommendations. It is unbelievably light and that is a good thing. I had some problems attaching the prop guards to the base as a longer screw would have worked better for repeated assembles. Oh I did cut off the prop guards and kept the light assembly though as I have read that the prop guards get in the way. I hope to see more tweaks further down this thread as now I'll just fly.
Jul 20, 2017, 02:29 PM
Casual RC User
those tree - bush snaggers are for indoor flying my opinion. be careful trying to get these quadcopters down from a tree the body is not that strong and can be damaged by pulling on it.
Jul 20, 2017, 06:55 PM

Aarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Got a X6 board from BG yesterday for my Frankenspider. Installed it and as soon as the battery is connected the right rear motor started spinning at full blast. If I disconnect power to it the other three work normally when bound. Just my luck. It's the second one that I've gotten from them. The first one is working great in my stock Tarantula. This one looked terrible right out of the bag with rosin or something melted all over the place, unlike the first one. Hello, customer service.
Jul 21, 2017, 06:51 PM
Joe 6-pack
Has there been any stick mods to the stock transmitter. This quad flies great but when I took the stock radio from my car I broke one of the sticks so I had to fly it broken with just a stubble for the throttle. Next time I won't grab it since it is very delicate and slipped from my grip. I thought of drilling out the broken piece and finding a stout 3mm rod to glue in but maybe there is another solution.
Jul 21, 2017, 07:52 PM
if you still have the broken piece plastic weld glue would prob work and/or drill a tiny hole down through the broke joystick and into the tx base and then a small screw could hold it together. Saving that some like sized screw/bolt could screw in and function as a stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages
Has there been any stick mods to the stock transmitter. This quad flies great but when I took the stock radio from my car I broke one of the sticks so I had to fly it broken with just a stubble for the throttle. Next time I won't grab it since it is very delicate and slipped from my grip. I thought of drilling out the broken piece and finding a stout 3mm rod to glue in but maybe there is another solution.