Yi Zhan Tarantula X6 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Feb 27, 2015, 10:01 AM

300 meter range is for real!

The Tarantula X6 quadcopter has an advertised range of 300m, and they're not kidding! This is the first quadcopter that I've seen under $100 with such a long range, unmodified, right out of the box. Got mine from GearBest. Will ask them if they have any coupon codes to share.

Blue Model (shown in video) http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_139651.html

Black Model http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_139652.html

Tarantula X6 Drone Test Flight (13 min 54 sec)
Last edited by t00nz843z; Feb 27, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2015, 01:02 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
The Tarantula X6 quadcopter has an advertised range of 300m, and they're not kidding! This is the first quadcopter that I've seen under $100 with such a long range, unmodified, right out of the box. Got mine from GearBest. Will ask them if they have any coupon codes to share.

Blue Model (shown in video) http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_139651.html

Black Model http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_139652.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyc6Ij2EmA
Nice video as usual 101. Had the same thing happen to me with another headless none gps quad...it just went crazy.

I think, as you without doubt know now, you are supposed to set it all up pre flight. Worked better for me, but still kind of weird.

Any chance (when you have time), you could do a video on the X6 headless function to see what you think?. Your better at flying these things than me despite any comments i may have made about pylons. I get all my stuff from Gearbest, so a nice coupon code would be great as well

I don't want much do i!?
Feb 27, 2015, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
I think, as you without doubt know now, you are supposed to set it all up pre flight. Worked better for me, but still kind of weird.
Any chance (when you have time), you could do a video on the X6 headless function to see what you think?
Just did another video this morning (will release it on Sunday) carrying my 808 keychain camera, along with demonstrating its headless mode. You're right, the headless mode base heading is set at initial binding of the quadcopter. It remembers this heading throughout the flight (whatever direction it was pointed when you bound the transmitter).
Feb 27, 2015, 01:22 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
Just did another video this morning (will release it on Sunday) carrying my 808 keychain camera, along with demonstrating its headless mode. You're right, the headless mode base heading is set at initial binding of the quadcopter. It remembers this heading throughout the flight (whatever direction it was pointed when you bound the transmitter).
Aww, thats great 101, your the man.

Look forward to seeing it. Your video's are always so clear and bright with lovely sunshine.

I wish i had your weather. It piddles down for 8 months of the year in Scotland.
Feb 27, 2015, 01:35 PM
Excellent video Toonz843z, this is first video ive seen that really does show the full capabilities of this quad. Has got to be one of the best value for money quads on the market atm. )
Last edited by Spacehopper; Feb 27, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
Feb 27, 2015, 01:42 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacehopper
Excellent video Toonz843z, wish Banggood would hurry up and ship mine, ordered it Wednesday and the customer support seems to have gone a bit quiet. First time ive bought something from them showing in stock that hasnt shipped in 24 hours.
I think they are all still recovering from the new year!. Must be a hell of a build up of work to come back to.

I have my name on one of these as well...looks great value for the bucks camera or not as you say.
Feb 27, 2015, 01:46 PM
Quote:
I think they are all still recovering from the new year!. Must be a hell of a build up of work to come back to.

I have my name on one of these as well...looks great value for the bucks camera or not.
Lol quoted before I had time to edit ), Just checked my account and it shipped in last 30 mins , And have to correct myself. I ordered Thursday so it did ship in 24 hours. Lol just so impatient to get my hands on this great quad
Last edited by Spacehopper; Feb 27, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
Feb 27, 2015, 01:49 PM
Drone Collector
there ya go!, they have all sobered up now!

Did you go for the Black one or the Blue?.

I like the Black this side...it just looks more "Menacing"...lol!

The blue looks nice as well though..
Feb 27, 2015, 02:00 PM
Quote:

Dam I went for the blue, Yeah ur right, the black would look more menancing !, Im going to get that one for my dad, Lol he wants to use it to annoy some guys that work on the other side of a 170m wide lake just outside his back garden in Lydd On Sea, why, I have no idea, Please dont let me get old ! ) lol
Feb 27, 2015, 02:01 PM
Quote:

Dam I went for the blue, Your def right, the black would def look more menancing !, Im going to get that one for my dad, He wants to use it to get to some remote islands in the middle of a huge lake just outside his back garden in Lydd On Sea. We worked out its prob about 200m at least to get to the first island, Theres amazing bird life out there but no one, as far as I know, has been able to film it. Thanks to 101's great vid im confident this quad will get there now, although the noise might frighten the birds off lol
Last edited by Spacehopper; Feb 27, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
Feb 27, 2015, 02:24 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacehopper
Dam I went for the blue, Yeah ur right, the black would look more menancing !, Im going to get that one for my dad, Lol he wants to use it to annoy some guys that work on the other side of a 170m wide lake just outside his back garden in Lydd On Sea, why, I have no idea, Please dont let me get old ! ) lol
Laff!

Plan B:...get your old fella a Syma X5 and keep the black one as well!.

Only joking, i know dads are important. I wish mine was still going. He would have loved quadcopters. He loved amazing birds as well...until my mother caught him .

Ps, the phone rang mid post!, X5 wouldn't go 200 meters...and he already knows..lol!
Feb 27, 2015, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Laff!

Plan B:...get your old fella a Syma X5 and keep the black one as well!.

Only joking, i know dads are important. I wish mine was still going. He would have loved quadcopters. He loved amazing birds as well...until my mother caught him .

Ps, the phone rang mid post!, X5 wouldn't go 200 meters...and he already knows..lol!
Lol I just checked with my Dad and he Gave me the reason I posted above, although I'm sure he said he wanted it to annoy people, knowing him its prob both, lol yeah I will just give him the blue and I'll keep the black!
Feb 27, 2015, 02:54 PM
Drone Collector
its up to you, maybe the Blue will look better in real life...i like the white prop guards on the blue one.

Maybe you could swap and change and make a sort of "Mixed Race" quad (can i say that on here!?) lol!

Either way it's something to look forward to

We all have to look after our old dad's while we have them, you write history with every escapade you do together.

I hope he films his amazing birds, and annoys his work guys.
Last edited by Blade Runner 350; Feb 27, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
Feb 27, 2015, 04:17 PM
For those who missed it, you have my review here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post30748542
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Feb 27, 2015, 07:00 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
For those who missed it, you have my review here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post30748542
Superb review as always Seby,

People who do things well are totally taken for granted nowadays...its a sign of the times.

You will have to learn to live with it