Jan 09, 2015, 01:43 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Well this is surprise. Looking forward to some build/fly threads later this year. The -20 is one of my favorites. Hope they got the fuse cross section correct, as most kits are way off.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2015, 01:45 PM
Detail Freak
What portion of the fuses are usually way off?
Jan 09, 2015, 06:26 PM
Team PowerBox Systems
Way cool. Could prove to be another strong avenue to bring more folks into scale soaring.

Kudos to Peter and his Horizon team for supporting our hobby!
Jan 09, 2015, 09:27 PM
More gadgets please.
Man, saw this on aerotowing.com, I was content and didn't need/want anymore gliders. So much for that...

This a nice niche' size. With the landing flaps I imagine it would deal well with spots typically too tight for a 1/3 scale soarer?
I need an excuse to buy this plane. It would probably perform better thermally than my 1:3.25 DG 100 which I love but has really high wing loading.

Here's a shot of a full scale 20. I'm starting to believe they really got the fuselage right. PRETTY

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5146/5...94e9fb97_z.jpg
Jan 09, 2015, 10:46 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
What portion of the fuses are usually way off?
By that I mean, the cross section of the -20 fuse (same as -19) is not round, nor is it a perfect oval, but an asymmetric oval with flatter bottom and pointier top, sort of like an egg. Most 3-views out there don't show this correctly, unless it's from Alexander Schleicher.
Jan 09, 2015, 11:18 PM
Detail Freak
Copy all, thank you.
Jan 10, 2015, 08:57 AM
This is just fantastic. I fly the Mystique and love it. I have been wanting a larger scale glider, but the Eflite Blanik did not have an electric motor.

This model has EVERYTHING on my wish list. Thanks Hangar 9!!
Jan 11, 2015, 11:51 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
This looks pretty sweet. The spoilers look small compared to others that I've seen. I've never used them though. Do you guys think these would be effective enough to justify adding them?
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Jan 11, 2015, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Do you guys think these would be effective enough to justify adding them?
Yes, fence-style spoilers are extremely effective.
Jan 11, 2015, 12:41 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Blanik is 4.2m and I'm going to guess they used existing spoilers instead of reinventing the wheel. So with that assumption I'd say yes, they will be plenty effective.

With the combination of flaps and spoilers, spot landing contests aren't even sporting.
Jan 11, 2015, 01:29 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Thanks guys!
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Jan 11, 2015, 04:43 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Hey Horizon....when is the On-line manual going to be posted?
Jan 11, 2015, 06:43 PM
Watts up ?
Summer is here and I need a lazy motor glider so I'm sold. I wonder is its solo launch able ? Might be a bit big ......... ?
Jan 11, 2015, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
check the video out! There is a "Launch Trolley" available for solo take off's. Hope OMP get that and all the other parts for a full house glider

cheers chuck
Jan 11, 2015, 07:20 PM
Watts up ?
saw that Chuck but my field is pretty rough... not sure how well it would go on grass ?

Quick Reply