Oct 29, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I've altered some settings using the app. but not flight tested yet, my plane is still in the box!
Please let us know the outcome. It was my understanding that you had to reinstall the rx firmware. At that point you had an unlocked rx but would loose the safe bailout.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2015, 11:12 AM
BMFA 190658
That is certainly true of other SAFE versions...
Oct 29, 2015, 03:58 PM
So you say you are still in the box. Have you tested SAFE after modifications?
Another thing I found, which I posted earlier, is that SAFE bailout mode in this Rx actually accepts some control input. (I have my bailout setup on a switch rather than the trainer button.) So I should be able to fly the plane much like beginner mode in an Apprentice. That being said I have 4 flight modes. The Apprentice Rx will level the plane no matter where the sticks are.
Oct 29, 2015, 04:00 PM
Another question...are those the original settings in the screen shots or your new ones? Would be interested in what the originals are vs what you chose to program.
Oct 29, 2015, 05:37 PM
I have the Ultimate2 that comes with safe......I Never even think about using it...I have the first VA without it.....I fly both planes in tight aera very low..... In my situation using the Panic button would be Useless.....
10 10 2014 FUN IN SMALL BACKYARD WITH VA (3 min 38 sec)
Oct 29, 2015, 06:48 PM
I tried it. I was able to make mode 2 have a little more gain that mode 1 and have 100 throws. Problem is it won't let you end heading hold so once you make an edit to anything the hh is gone (it was 71 for p and roll). I have not had a chance to flight test the panic. But the gain and thrown do change.
Oct 29, 2015, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twjsbj View Post
I tried it. I was able to make mode 2 have a little more gain that mode 1 and have 100 throws. Problem is it won't let you end heading hold so once you make an edit to anything the hh is gone (it was 71 for p and roll). I have not had a chance to flight test the panic. But the gain and thrown do change.
What do you mean by heading hold? Was that active in all modes originally? I saw that on my transmitter when I scrolled to the as3x settings. I've changed my mode 2 settings to have less gain than mode 3 so I could fly faster with no oscillation, but didn't know anything about HH.
Oct 29, 2015, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Raptor View Post
What do you mean by heading hold? Was that active in all modes originally? I saw that on my transmitter when I scrolled to the as3x settings. I've changed my mode 2 settings to have less gain than mode 3 so I could fly faster with no oscillation, but didn't know anything about HH.
The Factory Setting were
mode 1 + 2
Roll 21% rate 71%hh 196 priority 60 DR 0 Expo
Pitch 27%rate 71%hh 196 priority 45 DR 0 Expo
Yaw 35%rate 0%hh 196 priority 80 DR 0 Expo
mode 3
Roll 45% rate 71%hh 191 priority 100 DR 10 Expo
Pitch 72%rate 71%hh 191 priority 100 DR 10 Expo
Yaw 90%rate 0%hh 191 priority 100 DR 12 Expo

Rate gain resist a change but only for a moment. So if a gust of wind blows the wing up the rate gain will push down to fight it then return to normal.
Heading hold captures the last commanded heading(in this example it would be roll position) then tries to return to it. so if the wing was a 15 deg of bank then then wind blew it to 45 it would return to 15 deg.

so with HH on 100 on all 3 axis you would be able to point the plane in a direction and it will stay there hands off no matter what the wind did(but what fun is that).

Note the priority is very high so all the gain are only active near center stick. You can see this on the as3x screen on the TX. Bring the power above 25 percent to activate As3x then look at the actual column . It will agree with the rate and center stick but will quickly move to 0 as you defect the stick. a setting on 200 would give the rate gain on at center stick. 100 would move to 0 gain at full deflection and 0 would leave the gain on no matter where the stick is. The vid's at the bottom of this page make it all clear and mud.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ar636-6-...eiver-spmar636
Oct 30, 2015, 02:24 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTodd View Post
Another question...are those the original settings in the screen shots or your new ones? Would be interested in what the originals are vs what you chose to program.
To be honest I'm not sure

I've not plugged in the NVA to the app yet as it's still in the box so these are probably the settings you get when you choose the Night_Visionaire option from the New Model screen.
Oct 30, 2015, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twjsbj View Post
The Factory Setting were
mode 1 + 2
Roll 21% rate 71%hh 196 priority 60 DR 0 Expo
Pitch 27%rate 71%hh 196 priority 45 DR 0 Expo
Yaw 35%rate 0%hh 196 priority 80 DR 0 Expo
mode 3
Roll 45% rate 71%hh 191 priority 100 DR 10 Expo
Pitch 72%rate 71%hh 191 priority 100 DR 10 Expo
Yaw 90%rate 0%hh 191 priority 100 DR 12 Expo

Rate gain resist a change but only for a moment. So if a gust of wind blows the wing up the rate gain will push down to fight it then return to normal.
Heading hold captures the last commanded heading(in this example it would be roll position) then tries to return to it. so if the wing was a 15 deg of bank then then wind blew it to 45 it would return to 15 deg.

so with HH on 100 on all 3 axis you would be able to point the plane in a direction and it will stay there hands off no matter what the wind did(but what fun is that).

Note the priority is very high so all the gain are only active near center stick. You can see this on the as3x screen on the TX. Bring the power above 25 percent to activate As3x then look at the actual column . It will agree with the rate and center stick but will quickly move to 0 as you defect the stick. a setting on 200 would give the rate gain on at center stick. 100 would move to 0 gain at full deflection and 0 would leave the gain on no matter where the stick is. The vid's at the bottom of this page make it all clear and mud.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ar636-6-...eiver-spmar636
Thanks for the explanation, so mine says heading gain NA so it will be basically off or what the original programming is? I guess I never looked at that when I first plugged it in.
Last edited by UT Raptor; Oct 30, 2015 at 07:08 AM.
Oct 30, 2015, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Raptor View Post
Thanks for the explanation, so mine says heading gain NA so it will be basically off or what the original programming is? I guess I never looked at that when I first plugged it in.
After I did my update to position 2 it showed 0 hh on the as3x screen on the tx. I am guessing they are using the heading hold for the safe function so it's locked out from the programmer. Kind of sucks that there is no way to get it back.

I orderd the cable to re flash the rx so it it be fully programmable but the safe will be gone. Since most of my oh sh-t moments are a few feet from the ground it's not a big deal. Now if you could program you own safe mode I would make it point straight up and give 75 power to bail out.
Oct 30, 2015, 10:58 AM
Fun last night
Oct 30, 2015, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
Fun last night
Sweet!
Oct 31, 2015, 05:33 AM
Great photos Looks like a great time flying

Quick Reply