May 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
Thread OP

Mid-West Slope Race?????

Mid-West Slope Race????? So what happened? Don't they have internet connections in Kansas.

Who won what?

TFLG
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2004, 04:09 PM
All work and no play
I won the Warbird race.
May 18, 2004, 04:19 PM
Bunch of KOOKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by legliderman
I won the Warbird race.
We Knew that before the race!
May 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
Man--- it's like pulling teeth to get any info from the last few events?? Must be a lot of happy burn out after the flying's done
May 18, 2004, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Wow! What a detailed report Jack
May 18, 2004, 05:43 PM
Rip th... Bring the Beer!
It's all a lie... Kansas is too flat
May 18, 2004, 06:45 PM
Moderatee buncha places
Quote:
Originally Posted by legliderman
I won the Warbird race.
were there other contestants? and if there wasnt dont forget to post you were faster than every single U2 that entered!

Tawg
May 18, 2004, 06:47 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawg
were there other contestants? and if there wasnt dont forget to post you were faster than every single U2 that entered!

Tawg
YIKES!
May 18, 2004, 08:01 PM
All work and no play
Ya, happy burnout! I had to take a nap. Kansas has ALOT better flying then I was expecting. Its not as flat as you would think. I dont have all the results but the winners were Mark Blinde- wing combat, David Day- conventional combat, Greg Smith- one design, Pat McCleave- unlimited, and Jack Cooper- warbird race. The MWSC is a great time. I was there for 6 days and 5 five of them was looking for ballast. The slopes didnt produce "Ferman" lift but was very similar to Cajon. Like I said ALOT better then I expected. The people are great, the flying was great, and the contest was great. I'll be there again next year. TAWG, I'm better then that!
May 18, 2004, 08:13 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Congrats Coop! You da Man!!!!

Which plane did you use?

Steve
May 18, 2004, 08:17 PM
All work and no play
I flew a 58" P63.
May 18, 2004, 08:18 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Nice! Pictures?

Steve
May 18, 2004, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
How'de Garwheel and Joe do?
May 18, 2004, 09:34 PM
Like Jack I had a great time as well. I even dragged Jack around to do some hill hunting on Thurs when it was calm and raining. There will eventually be results posted at http://home.alltel.net/mwsc/ . I will be doing a write up for slopeflyer.com soon as I am sure Greg Smith will as well. As for now, Friday had more thermal lift than slope.
Sat showed good lift and we had some good racing. One of the One-design races had all for planes flying the same line and most of the time with in 20' of each other. One corner they came through one after the other with less than 5' between them. It was awsome.
Sunday showed some great lift that kept building through out the day. There was again some great racing. One had Pat McCleave (NYX F3F) and Greg Smith (Extreme) swap the lead about 6 times in 5 laps. On two of the near side turnes Greg literally turned inside of Pat with very few feet between the planes.
I ended up with 2nd in warbird combat. I had one kill with no left aileron and another kill later with no right aileron. I ended up with 4th in the Warbird race.
Mike
May 20, 2004, 10:14 PM
Back in the air, Folks!
Guys,

As Mike and Jack said it was a great time. The lift for both ODR and Unlimited was better than any year in the last 5 that I was there. The racing was excellent. I got 1st in ODR with a Fun-1, 2nd in Unlimited with a McLean Extreme and 3rd in Warbird racing with a DAW Mustang and a borrowed MIG from Randy McCleave (first non-LEG plane). Thanks, Randy. Also 3rd in Tails Combat and 4th in Wings Combat. I'll have a report and about 300 pix on slopeflyer.com when I get back early next week.

Jack didn't mention it but his ODR foamy was smokin'. Unfortunatly he had a radio problem (shot down?) in the final heat that knocked him out of the final.

Garwheel didn't fare too well in the competition. joe was in the hunt. I believe he was 2nd in the Warbird race. The LEG Warhawks were sweet and Rich, Jack, Joe and Dave did a nice formation demonstration after the racing.

I am still on a sloping safari and am now in South Dakota where we have had a couple of great days so far. Tomorrow is a 550-600 foot bluff over the Missouri River. Yee, Ha!

Greg
slopeflyer.com

Quick Reply