to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2015, 12:55 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDovi
valiantGLX,

Thanks for the heads up and info on the Mini OSD w/ GPS.
One of these days, I'll have to get my paws on one for sure!

As far as the Naze32 boards go..

The Acro versions are usually closer to $25.00
The Full versions are usually closer to $50.00

The full will have the bells, whistles, and pinwheels too!
Gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, and Magnetometer on board..

The Full version.. Since it has the Baro and Mag,
it'll be able to do altitude and heading holds as well as calculate height and direction..
For OSD, you still need an external OSD, but, they'll work w/ the Naze boards no problem..
Return To Home / Return To Launch - There is that option too, but again, I think that add-ons are needed.. Like GPS, but, with your Mini OSD w/ GPS, that should cover everything!
RTH would be something that is done in the CLI [Command Line Interface] in the program.
The main program for Naze would be Baseflight. Then there's Cleanflight. [Same but refined]
I've been using the Flip32 http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...he-flip32.html and Flip32+ http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...lip32-249.html (same as Naze) and are only $16 and $27. I prefer these for the pin configuration over the (real) Naze side pin for the Rx.
Jan 25, 2015, 01:52 AM
Technomancer
Has anyone got some dialled in PIDs for the KKmini yet? I just broke my last props trying to tune it in my warehouse.

This is what I have been using so far

PI Editor

Roll/pitch
P-Gain: 35
P-Limit: 100
I-Gain: 35
I-Limit: 20

Yaw
P-Gain: 40
P-Limit: 20
I-Gain: 40
I-Limit: 10

Stick Scale

Roll: 20
Pitch: 20
Yaw: 35
Throttle: 80

Mixer Editor

Servo Offset: 59

Miscellaneous

Servo Filter: 60

It feels OK and its fairly easy to fly but I know it can be better.
Jan 25, 2015, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
have a look at this, this should help
excellent , now I get it . thanks
Jan 25, 2015, 05:52 AM
mine is now back in full working order after its discussion with the ground, i have just spent the best part of 3 hours in the cold tuning my PID's it was a case of fly a circuit try some acro land plug in and repeat not much fun but now i have a Tri copter that flys how i want it.
If anyone has a Naze 32 MINI acro and wishes to use them. here are my PID's try them at your own risk

Added a quick demo video of the PIDs, just been out and took some on board also, but in process of editing
Trifecta final PID settings quick flight in the back garden (3 min 17 sec)
Last edited by combatxe2; Jan 25, 2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added video
Jan 25, 2015, 08:26 AM
Trifecta with gopro. NIFF fun fly in Des Moines IA:
Trifecta with gopro. NIFF fun fly in Des Moines IA (2 min 15 sec)

The baby beast V2 motors have an insane amount of power.
Easily hauls the gopro around. I'm still tuning mine as you will notice a little wobble in the video.
Each flight is getting better. I had to use a ubec for the tail servo with the recommended afro esc's and the kkmini.

I have been flying it all weekend at the NIFF fun fly in Des Moines, IA at the state fair grounds. I'll be flying here until noon today,
Jan 25, 2015, 09:20 AM
It's all about Quadcopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha_rc_flyer
Trifecta with gopro. NIFF fun fly in Des Moines IA: http://youtu.be/RMat2gJfzYQ

Easily hauls the gopro around. I'm still tuning mine as you will notice a little wobble in the video.
Each flight is getting better. I had to use a ubec for the tail servo with the recommended afro esc's and the kkmini.

I have been flying it all weekend at the NIFF fun fly in Des Moines, IA at the state fair grounds. I'll be flying here until noon today,
Great little flight but its a bit shaky. I'm guessing thats the KK. Have you tried a Naze32 in it?
Jan 25, 2015, 09:49 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Trifecta with gopro. NIFF fun fly in Des Moines IA: http://youtu.be/RMat2gJfzYQ

Nice venue, were you flying line of sight?

Could you please post your KKmini settings in the template below: I just want to cross reference them against mine, thanks in advance

PI Editor

Roll/pitch
P-Gain: xx
P-Limit: xx
I-Gain: xx
I-Limit: xx

Yaw
P-Gain: xx
P-Limit: xx
I-Gain: xx
I-Limit: xx

Stick Scale

Roll: xx
Pitch: xx
Yaw: xx
Throttle: xx

Miscellaneous

Servo Filter:

xx
Jan 25, 2015, 10:20 AM

Some Pic's of my HKPilot Mega Mini FC setup

Wont to show some pic's on my progress. If there is anyone out there using the HKPilot Mega Mini CF, please post some info (pic's) on your build. I have fallowed the thread from the beginning and have not seen any posts on the use of the HKPilot Mega Mini CF.
Did some vibration test on the Baby Best and it did not look good. The MN2206 motor tested much better.
I am using the Armattan T-Motor (MN2206-2000kv) with rotorgeeks 12amp
V4 ESC's.
The Vibration test is out of the box test.
Hop to see some post's on other builds.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreative
Great little flight but its a bit shaky. I'm guessing thats the KK. Have you tried a Naze32 in it?
I'm using the mini KK. Hopefully with a little more tuning, it will get better.
Without the gopro it will hands off hover with no wobble. I'm thinking the extra weight is most likely the factor.
Will probably order a Naze32 later for flipping and rolling.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Nice venue, were you flying line of sight?

Could you please post your KKmini settings in the template below: I just want to cross reference them against mine, thanks in advance.
I was flying line of sight. It is currently packed up for the trip back home, but I will post the settings later tonight.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:20 PM
Im thinking of pulling the trigger on this: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3Mhz_APM_.html

It is fairly cheap considering that you get everything you need for UAV. Im a newbie and I'm not sure how hard it would be to set it up. Ive only had experience with the naza. Would it be better to get this or the mega mini?
Jan 25, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote:
I'm using the mini KK. Hopefully with a little more tuning, it will get better.
Without the gopro it will hands off hover with no wobble. I'm thinking the extra weight is most likely the factor.
Will probably order a Naze32 later for flipping and rolling.
Yeah maybe what props you using?
Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 PM
RC Adddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaszloVasko
Im thinking of pulling the trigger on this: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3Mhz_APM_.html

It is fairly cheap considering that you get everything you need for UAV. Im a newbie and I'm not sure how hard it would be to set it up. Ive only had experience with the naza. Would it be better to get this or the mega mini?
I still wonder what's the difference between this http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32241597179.html

And why is it $60 more.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaszloVasko

Personally for a setup of this size I would go for the Naze32 plus GPS. It's easy to setup and its a faster 32-bit processor vs 8-bit APM also the Naze32 is cheaper and lighter without all the extras.

The only major features you'll loose are:
Follow Me
Waypoints
Current Sensor (but the Naze32 does offer voltage)

If you're unsure just buy a Naze32 Acro to throw in and see if it's any good as they are cheap as beans!

Quick Reply