Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jan 09, 2015, 05:14 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
I see they came off BO already... I ordered mine last night (BO) so they should release my order soon... I ordered the Baby Beast motors too and I'm getting props this weekend from the AMA show.,, but I WAS wondering if 1806s would work on this frame with 5030 carbon props... I'll take a look at ecalc and see what they say.., I already have a NAZE32 and FRSKY Rx running PPM ready to install from another quad that took a dump ... Flying a light weight setup maybe with a möbius....
The motor mount openings are for 3mm screws. Most 1806 motors (at least the ones I have) are 2mm screws...perhaps to small to catch and hold in a 3mm opening?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2015, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
The motor mount openings are for 3mm screws. Most 1806 motors (at least the ones I have) are 2mm screws...perhaps to small to catch and hold in a 3mm opening?
Nothing a washer couldn't fix right?
Jan 09, 2015, 07:31 PM
What are you guys looking at for AUW? My math comes to a ~500g with FPV gear.
Jan 09, 2015, 07:34 PM
posted in wrong thread sorry...
Last edited by CoolD; Jan 09, 2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Jan 09, 2015, 07:35 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
Nothing a washer couldn't fix right?
That probably depends on the size of the washer you're using. I'm not saying a 2mm screw can't be made to work with a 3mm slot, just that you may have to make adjustments somewhere to make it work.
Jan 09, 2015, 09:05 PM
I will always watching this tread, and guys please share your setup for efficiency and flight time.

Thanks
Jan 09, 2015, 09:26 PM
RC Adddict
I'm in on one of these frames. Undecided on FC and power, I'll wait till I have it and decide. Now let's talk travel case. Small, light and will hold a dx6
Jan 09, 2015, 09:58 PM
RC Adddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by chech
Hi,

I am going to start myself on multi-rotors and this one looks perfect for my needs (mobious/gopro filming just for fun, no need for great distance). I'll get a small one too to crash a bit while I assemble this one too since everyone recommends that. Been flying them on the sim and have rc experience so I think it should be ok.

I am veeeery interested in the miniAPM / autonomous vehicle / ... But I have no clue on how it works. Is it this item from HK? Is there a reasonable multiWii / arduino / full open source variant? Being a raspberry fan, I'm not sure on which is the best alternative to start researching about it. But if that item makes a decent pack for a reasonable price, then maybe I won't go mad trying to find alternatives if that bundle works. It also says it works for planes and other rc vehicles which is great since I will be able to use it on those too.

Even though it's very tempting to pull the trigger right now, I'm trying to hold and see your experience flying it. But it's getting harder now it's back in stock again!
Lots of interesting flight controller options here
Jan 10, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle83
As soon as Hobbyking gets these back in stock I plan on ordering one, I just feel bad for the guys over at www.thepocketdrone.com I'm pretty sure the "Trifecta" is a copy of "The pocket drone". I guess Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Is anyone planning in running Hobbykings APM mini?
I don't think so, they are alike in many ways but HK has had the trifecta under development for over a year.
Jan 10, 2015, 04:49 PM
Huh...weird...
Now if only we can get some folding props like the poket drone. 7x4 please!
Jan 10, 2015, 04:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravio11i
Now if only we can get some folding props like the poket drone. 7x4 please!
You mean like these?: http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/pr...cat=313&page=1. Well, I guess those would exactly work as they fold down, not to the side...but the blades themselves could be purchased separately and make a custom yoke. http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/pr...2&cat=0&page=1
Jan 10, 2015, 05:09 PM
2015/1/120800EU DEPOTCUSTOMS CLEARANCE IS IN PROGRESS

Just had this notification after paying crazy UK VAT charge......mine has landed in Europe at least :0)
Jan 10, 2015, 05:19 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatxe2
2015/1/120800EU DEPOTCUSTOMS CLEARANCE IS IN PROGRESS

Just had this notification after paying crazy UK VAT charge......mine has landed in Europe at least :0)
What shipping method did you use
Jan 10, 2015, 05:41 PM
First option it gave me SCS Express to UK (MAX 1kg).
Jan 10, 2015, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle83
As soon as Hobbyking gets these back in stock I plan on ordering one, I just feel bad for the guys over at www.thepocketdrone.com I'm pretty sure the "Trifecta" is a copy of "The pocket drone". I guess Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Is anyone planning in running Hobbykings APM mini?
If you read the Pocket Drone thread this looks a similar idea (a foldable tri, which is hardly unique), but much better built and much cheaper. The pocket drone is rapidly shaping up to be a disaster (selling a poorly configured APM-based multi to inexperienced users is a recipe for serious problems)