Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jan 09, 2015, 02:39 AM
I was keen to see it fully assembled and folded. Skip to the very end of the product update video. It's tiny.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2015, 03:53 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by polycapman
Hi, I need help. For longer flight (no acrobat), does anyone know the best setup for trifecta?

I want fly it when Im on travel, or any occation. Its small foldable frame is great for traveling

Thanks
That's exactly why I just bought mine, I'm no multirotor expert but I do have a handful of 2200mah 3s batteries, so I'm going to try those and see how they go.
Jan 09, 2015, 04:09 AM
Ordered two. And wil be in next week.

Im going to use dys be1806 motors with 6x2 carbon props for max efficiency. Good trust and low amparage use.

Zippy compact 2200 mah 25c 3s lipo for max fligt time and only 160 gram for 2200 mah and more than enough amp for this setup.

I ordered the favourite sky 4x12 amp speed controler. Up to 20 amp burst!
I love the blheli becouse i can chanche the settings. Had a lot of sync issue with the afro esc 12 amp v3 version. Motors cutting out during flight!

I like the clean install on this 4 in one esc. Im going to put it on top an install the naze 32 acro on top of that. I wil see when i get it.

I can not see where the tail esc should be placed? I think in the tail itself? But than it should be verry small.

Hobbyking suggest afro 12 amp on the 2206 with 6x5 props. That is no good becouse this seteup wil ask up to 16 a 17 amp.

I think a 20 amp esc wil not fit good on this frame ( tail section) but i wil get back to that when i get it!

Im going to use the aomway 200 mw transmitter and aomway 600 tvl camera. It is super light and provides 5v clean output for the camera with build in microphone!

Keeping it all as light as possible.

Greetings kevin
Last edited by kevin1; Jan 09, 2015 at 09:01 AM.
Jan 09, 2015, 04:22 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschy
I was keen to see it fully assembled and folded. Skip to the very end of the product update video. It's tiny.
Check this one out

Jan 09, 2015, 04:26 AM
I curious about the motor/prop recommendations based on the weight. They seem to be over the top.

HobbyKing seem to be recommending far greater than an 2:1 power to weight ratio. Is this common for tri-copters?

Emax are now flogging ESC's flashed with BLHeli. The earlier versions with Simon(k) software were/are very popular with the 250 racing fraternity.

Edit: yes I saw that picture, but when you see it in someone's hands, it put's the frame in a better context. Looking forward to getting it. I paid for Aussie express postage, so from Hong Kong, it will probably be 2-3 weeks. No hurry, I still have motors, ESC's and other bits and bobs to order yet. I'm hoping my new SJ4000 that Father Christmas gave me will fit in the GoPro frame. If not, I also have a GoTop (another GoPro knockoff) that is thinner.
Last edited by Marschy; Jan 09, 2015 at 04:34 AM.
Jan 09, 2015, 04:29 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1

Hobbyking suggest afro 12 amp on the 2206 with 6x5 props. That is no good because this setup will ask up to 16 -17 amp.
Spewing, I wish I had more time to check it out. I just ordered all the recommended parts when I saw it became available again while I was at work If any thing blows up I'll be complaining to HK!
Jan 09, 2015, 04:49 AM
I'm thinking either the 1500 or 1900 version of this Emax motor would be well matched with a 20A ESC. I already have the 1804 2280kv Emax motor. Running 5030 Gemfans gives 374 grams thrust on 3S which compared to the thrust chart is only off the mark by 6 grams so their charts are very accurate, albeit they give a thrust value of 380 grams using carbon fibre props, so I am extremely happy with its performance wtth plastic Gemfans.

http://www.emaxmodel.com/views.asp?hw_id=1524
Jan 09, 2015, 10:31 AM
I am also very interested in this one for its portability and the possible payload capacity while swinging 8 inch props. I'm all after the flight time on this one, so I wonder if the Multistar 2209 (980) kv with 8045 or 8038 props would provide enough lift carrying a GoPro. A quick calculation shows this combo (with all 3 motors) draws about 18 amp tops and provide about 1300g thrust, any one with some first hand experience with this power configuration?
Jan 09, 2015, 10:39 AM
Just bought one too!

Now the waiting...

Got the frame, the Afro ESCs and the Baby Beast motors...
Still missing a FC, props and a Tx/Rx...

For the FC I was thinking about this:
http://www.banggood.com/MiniAPM-V3_1...-p-951861.html

Props I'm waiting for the Gemfans to restock...

And the Tx... I was thinking about a Devo 10. Would this be at least an OK radio for this application? I'm considering the Devo 10 mostly because I read it's a good radio for the price and the custom Deviation fw works great.
I'd love to buy a Taranis or an FS-i10, but they are a bit over my budget (had both on my hands... the i10 is the best radio I've ever touched. Don't know if it's good, but very confortable).
Jan 09, 2015, 01:21 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
I see they came off BO already... I ordered mine last night (BO) so they should release my order soon... I ordered the Baby Beast motors too and I'm getting props this weekend from the AMA show.,, but I WAS wondering if 1806s would work on this frame with 5030 carbon props... I'll take a look at ecalc and see what they say.., I already have a NAZE32 and FRSKY Rx running PPM ready to install from another quad that took a dump ... Flying a light weight setup maybe with a möbius....
Jan 09, 2015, 01:23 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Subbed....... ordered mine on release....waiting delivery to the UK now.

I'm thinking Baby beast, agro 12s, 6x4.5, mobius, 4s 1000mah zippy. Aomway 200mw and mini cam with a naze 32 full and GPS

Should be fun
Jan 09, 2015, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I am going to start myself on multi-rotors and this one looks perfect for my needs (mobious/gopro filming just for fun, no need for great distance). I'll get a small one too to crash a bit while I assemble this one too since everyone recommends that. Been flying them on the sim and have rc experience so I think it should be ok.

I am veeeery interested in the miniAPM / autonomous vehicle / ... But I have no clue on how it works. Is it this item from HK? Is there a reasonable multiWii / arduino / full open source variant? Being a raspberry fan, I'm not sure on which is the best alternative to start researching about it. But if that item makes a decent pack for a reasonable price, then maybe I won't go mad trying to find alternatives if that bundle works. It also says it works for planes and other rc vehicles which is great since I will be able to use it on those too.

Even though it's very tempting to pull the trigger right now, I'm trying to hold and see your experience flying it. But it's getting harder now it's back in stock again!
Jan 09, 2015, 02:06 PM
I'm looking at that new Quanum MT2208 1800kv on Hobbyking. It would be nice to have some thrust data though. Doesn't have current draw information either. What is interesting though is it is 2-4S.
Jan 09, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hi

I've been looking around for a good setup with a little lower kv, little bigger props, little less prop pitch to get a good combo of agility, stability and efficiency. Since I've got some bad experience with HK ESC and motors I've been looking elsewhere. I've come up with this:
I will build it to be able to fly FPV with wide angle camera in combination with Mobius or GoPro.

What do you think, any clear drawback with this setup? I ran it through ecalc and it seemed quite alright not overloading the ESCs.
Would it be necessary to look at 2208+ sized motors instead?
Jan 09, 2015, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroman
Hi

I've been looking around for a good setup with a little lower kv, little bigger props, little less prop pitch to get a good combo of agility, stability and efficiency. Since I've got some bad experience with HK ESC and motors I've been looking elsewhere. I've come up with this:
I will build it to be able to fly FPV with wide angle camera in combination with Mobius or GoPro.

What do you think, any clear drawback with this setup? I ran it through ecalc and it seemed quite alright not overloading the ESCs.
Would it be necessary to look at 2208+ sized motors instead?
I was thinking about the 2206. But I found no benefit might as well go all the way up to 2208 and 8" props! Higher power to weight ratio the better right ? That's what I think I'm doing.