Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2015, 03:54 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vent
Standard props spin like normal props you would get for an rc plane (counter clockwise). The R spins clockwise
Thanks!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2015, 04:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
Well according to the NAZE manual... The tricopter setting is asking for all three props to spin counterclockwise
Tricopters are the only frame that prop rotation doesn't matter. They can be all CW, all CCW, or any mixture you want. The rear motor tilt mechanism will counter the yaw torque affect from the props...that's why you'll always see a tricopter flying with the rear motor tilted either left or righ of level. Be aware, though, that if you use all the same direction props your frame will not fly level; it'll always be leaning towards the right or left because of the torque effect. For sport flying this is no issue. For FPV flying it may be an issue as your camera view will alway be leaning, with the frame, to one side or the other. All other frames (quads, hex, oct, Y6, X8, etc) all require props turning in specific directions (according to the FC firmware) for yaw control.
Jan 08, 2015, 05:06 PM
Ordered and in the mail. I ordered the day it hit the Hobbyking website. Glad I did, now on backorder. I was going to wait until next week.
Last edited by Marschy; Jan 08, 2015 at 05:12 PM.
Jan 08, 2015, 05:23 PM
I got one last night! It BO fast! It will be my first tri! It should be fun!
Jan 08, 2015, 05:36 PM
I've been looking at mini quads for a while and I already have a miniAPM sitting on my workbench. I was going to fit it into a ZMR250 frame, but it is now going to be used on this frame.

Still making my mind up about motors for this frame. I might try some Emax MT2206 1500kv's, 20A ESC's and 8 inch props.
Last edited by Marschy; Jan 08, 2015 at 08:39 PM.
Jan 08, 2015, 08:04 PM

longer flight setup? help

Hi, I need help. For longer flight (no acrobat), does anyone know the best setup for trifecta?

I want fly it when Im on travel, or any occation. Its small foldable frame is great for traveling

Thanks
Jan 08, 2015, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polycapman
Hi, I need help. For longer flight (no acrobat), does anyone know the best setup for trifecta?

I want fly it when Im on travel, or any occation. Its small foldable frame is great for traveling

Thanks
that would usually be larger props spinning slowly

i.e. you want to have high torque motors typically low kv motors + big props + high voltage to get such results

since it supports 8 inch props you might want to consider some low kv motors close to 30g which can run on 4s drawing less than 2 amps for hover.
Jan 08, 2015, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolD
that would usually be larger props spinning slowly

i.e. you want to have high torque motors typically low kv motors + big props + high voltage to get such results

since it supports 8 inch props you might want to consider some low kv motors close to 30g which can run on 4s drawing less than 2 amps for hover.
Yes, I think that too about the low kv motor and big prop. But I need to know the recommended motor name/brand and the combination prop and esc.

Or can I put 450 class setup on this?

Im race for sometimes but UAV is new for me
Jan 08, 2015, 08:21 PM
Closed Account
I need a good setup for flight time.
Jan 08, 2015, 08:23 PM
this tool might be able to help you with that
http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc.php?ecalc&lang=en
Jan 08, 2015, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolD
this tool might be able to help you with that
http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc.php?ecalc&lang=en

Thanks CoolD for the link
Jan 09, 2015, 12:44 AM
Mastering the basics
As soon as Hobbyking gets these back in stock I plan on ordering one, I just feel bad for the guys over at www.thepocketdrone.com I'm pretty sure the "Trifecta" is a copy of "The pocket drone". I guess Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Is anyone planning in running Hobbykings APM mini?
Last edited by Deserteagle83; Jan 09, 2015 at 01:13 PM.
Jan 09, 2015, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle83
As soon as Hobbyking gets these back in stock I plan on ordering one, I just feel bad for the guys over at www.thepocketdrone.com I'm pretty sure the "Trifecta" a copy of "The pocket drone". I guess Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Is anyone planning in running Hobbykings APM mini?
with the gps slot and telemetry radio slot, it does look like it was made for the APM mini. however I'm pretty sure people would love this one with a naze32 doing fpv beating the out of a mini quad.
Jan 09, 2015, 03:24 AM
Product info video now posted on Youtube

Quanum Trifecta Tricopter - HobbyKing Daily (13 min 45 sec)
Jan 09, 2015, 03:33 AM
Technomancer

Not on Back Order anymore :D

I just pulled the trigger on one too. I flew a mQX once but that's all the multirotor experience I have: I hope I haven't jumped in the deep-end I was going to start with the FPV250 but the Hobby King stars magically aligned, meaning all of the components needed for the Trifecta were available So I had to jump on this rare opportunity

Here's what I ordered:

Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame (KIT)

Multistar V2 2206-2150KV Motor The "Baby Beast" (V2)

Afro ESC 12Amp Ultra Lite Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware) Version 3

HobbyKing® KK-Mini Multi-Rotor Flight Control Board 36x36mm (30.5x30.5mm)

OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX Compatible 6Ch 2.4GHz Receiver w/CPPM

Genuine Gemfan HQ 6045 Propellers CW/CCW Set (Orange) 6x4.5 (only colour not on Back Order at the time of this post)

Turnigy TGY-9018MG Metal Gear Servo 2.5kg/13g/0.10