Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - Page 209 - RC Groups
Jun 30, 2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks anyway Emulle for sharing that video.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2017, 10:27 AM
Hi friends, thanks for interesting for my research. But I dont recommend to repeat it because:
ministorm controllers dont makes already.
small skypro 2204 gimbal motors dont makes already.
to get good field of view and put appropriate for the weight (about 1 kilo) it to necessary enlarge arms (now I start to use folding 9" props) and have 18 min max with multistar Hi voltage 5.2AH battary.
I make some interesting clips with Trifecta, but it with After Effects only.
For hi quality video, must be quad-copter, dont tri....
Jul 04, 2017, 10:43 AM
That extended arms are really cool!
Jul 04, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo
That extended arms are really cool!
but it dont enough to folding props. now it seems different.
Last edited by Arkbox; Jul 05, 2017 at 02:23 AM.
Jul 05, 2017, 05:36 AM
You really performed some great mods on your Trifecta! is it still foldable? Awesome build!
Jul 10, 2017, 04:25 PM

Issue with 6in CF Props

So my trifecta has some blue racestar 2205 motors from bangood on it now, I actually like them alot but the trifecta on throttle up and take off becomes crazy unstable and flips over and crashes.

With some 5045 bullnose props this doesn thappen and it flies perfectly. It flew great with the emax 2204 motors and 6in CF props too. Both motor sets are 2300kv as well. Just ones a set of 2204 and the others are 2205.

I am assuming that I can tune out this behavior but I just dont what to start with which is why im posting now.

If anyome has any advice that would be great. This thing is a rocket with these 6in CF props so I want to use them again.
Jul 10, 2017, 06:16 PM
Did you check the motor and\or prop direction?
Jul 13, 2017, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs
Did you check the motor and\or prop direction?
Yeah thats all fine. It flies perfectly with 5in props and it flew perfectly with 6in props on the emax 2204 motors but with the racestar 2205 motors It goes nuts with my 6in props. Perfect with 5in though. Its gotta be something in the tuning that needs adjusting, i just dont know what to adjust first. I havent done any tuning since I built it and its my first build.
Jul 16, 2017, 06:20 AM
HOLY MOLY
Anyone experience fitment issues with the Emax servo output drive gear and the pinion gear that comes with the kit?

I can't get the pinion gear to go on the splines...tried pressing it slightly with the bench vise, tried using a screw to "pull" the gear onto the spines and I tried both while heating up the pinion gear with a lighter.

Dang thing just won't go on.

I either have a bad servo or a bad pinion gear...annoying...im almost done building and this seems to be the only hangup I have had so far.
Jul 17, 2017, 01:53 PM
FYI - Hobbyking have these on sale today for £3.85 (about $5 US) - got 200 pages to read through before mine arrives ;-)
Jul 17, 2017, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the offer headsup. i order 1 set as spares for my existing.
Jul 17, 2017, 11:22 PM
Aaron
Same - ordered a spare set as my frequent crashes (zero successful flights) has already broken stuff