Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 07, 2015, 05:15 PM
HK have their own 7 x 3 direct fit carbon fibre props that may likely be whats on that demo version.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2015, 06:43 PM
i just ordered one. Planning on trying SunnySky 2208 motors with 7" and 8" HQ Props. will post here after it arrives and I get it built.
Jan 07, 2015, 08:34 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisLives
i just ordered one. Planning on trying SunnySky 2208 motors with 7" and 8" HQ Props. will post here after it arrives and I get it built.
Same as what I was thinking....SS 2208 1260kv motors with APC 7x5 or 8x4.5MR props. Getting ready to order this frame and a little more research on motor options.

Changed my mind. I did order the Trifecta Tri. I ended up ordering MT2206 1200kv T-Motors for it I figure APC 7x5 CW/CCW thin electric props will work fine for FPV stuff. The Sunnysky motors would have been less expensive, but heavier and would probably still end up needing the 7" props. Now the wait is on for how quickly HK gets the Tri to me...just like I needed another toy in the hangar!!!
Last edited by Vantasstic; Jan 07, 2015 at 09:54 PM.
Jan 08, 2015, 02:09 AM
Oh no!! Out of stock now..

Hey guyz, please do a review when you receive this. Am curious to know the build qualiy and the tail gear.. Happy flying!
Jan 08, 2015, 02:59 AM
I ordered too but like many I live in the UK so it will take ages....
Jan 08, 2015, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcta15
I ordered too but like many I live in the UK so it will take ages....
I had a beefier cart and went ahead and chose DHL Express. Lets see how long it takes now, I never used anything else but normal post before.
Jan 08, 2015, 03:03 AM
Ordered one for myself as well with HK's recommended setup. Still deciding on the FC though.
I am curious to know where does the tail ESC go? It wasn't shown/mentioned on the product video.
Jan 08, 2015, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish1990
Ordered one for myself as well with HK's recommended setup. Still deciding on the FC though.
I am curious to know where does the tail ESC go? It wasn't shown/mentioned on the product video.
Looks like it will fit internally in the tail arm section.
Jan 08, 2015, 04:56 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
I tried to order one is afternoon, but they were gone already... Damn
Jan 08, 2015, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
also wondering where everything is going to mount. FC/GPS/FPV gear!
In the pictures you can see the FC mounting bay - a HK Mini should work as it seems to be the recommended FC. Unfortunately there are no exact figures on the space and holes dimension, but its saying "huge FC bay fitting" so I'm hoping a Crius AIOP will fit, too. Unfortunately they say KK mini instead of KK, so my guess is mounting holes will be 30.5mm with bay dimension somewhere in the 32x50mm range. But we will see.
GPS should be mounted on the top FC case, looks like it has openings for wiring as well as a dedicated GPS mount on the roof (for a GPS on a board, without plastic housing).
I think the video Tx goes to the bottom of the tail, underneath the tail arm/motor and the FPV camera? Somewhere on the front would make the most sense to me, but feel free to mount it wherever you want it.
I always wanted to mount a FPV cam on the back, facing forward, for a "3rd person"-view. But I guess this frame is not the best option for this, as the (moving/tilting) back prop will cover a big area where the cam cannot be mounted on.

Quote:
I tried to order one is afternoon, but they were gone already... Damn
I did expect that, so I did instabuy on this - guess youll have to be patient, they will be getting more stock soon, dont worry. HK always starts with small batches and then stocks up later, when its successful.

I'm curious of the battery options. With the Baby Beast motors, I would love to go 4S for maximum power, but a 3000mAh 4s lipo could be too much weight to handle. Another idea of me is to use 2 of the cheap 1000mAh 2S batteries, as they are used on on v262 and similar, as they have pretty good weight/power ratio and I have a bunch of them lying around. I will give you a hint, when I got something figured out.

My unit has now been shipped, this will be looooooong weeks for me

Daily video up!
Quanum Trifecta Tricopter - HobbyKing Daily (13 min 45 sec)
Last edited by lukim; Jan 08, 2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: edit
Jan 08, 2015, 01:44 PM
will i get longer flighttimes (will go for fpv not for sport flying) with the 350qx multistar motor combo and 8 inch props?
Jan 08, 2015, 02:22 PM
Okay… I have a dumb question… I want to get some HQ props for my trifecta when it comes back in stock) but they only list their props as standard and (r)reversed how does that correspond to clockwise or counterclockwise?

Thanks
Jan 08, 2015, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
Okay… I have a dumb question… I want to get some HQ props for my trifecta when it comes back in stock) but they only list their props as standard and (r)reversed how does that correspond to clockwise or counterclockwise?

Thanks
Standard props spin like normal props you would get for an rc plane (counter clockwise). The R spins clockwise
Jan 08, 2015, 02:51 PM
In fact it's not necessarily to get counterrotating props if you just set the yaw motor slightly offset.
Jan 08, 2015, 02:53 PM
Well according to the NAZE manual... The tricopter setting is asking for all three props to spin counterclockwise