Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - RC Groups
Jan 07, 2015, 09:27 AM
New Product

Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame

Has anybody already ordered one?:

Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2015, 09:31 AM
Just ordered one, looks a great compact design for backpacking and the tail rotor tilt mech seems reasonable, although it looks like the gears do not have any pressure angle which makes me a bit sceptical, intend on installing an apm mini pilot when it arrives
Jan 07, 2015, 11:43 AM
Attention: two dollar bill not included! Must be ordered seperately ;-)

Got HK's info mail and ordered together with 12A Afros and Baby Beasts.
HK leaked a picture of it on facebook a few days ago - I had already decided to buy it back then as I really wanted a mini tri and the picture looked promising.
Should be a really nice portable and powerful setup. Hoping to fit in a Crius AIOP for MegapirateNG/Arducopter, if not a HK Pilot Mini should do the job.

I will report back as soon as it arrives - but could be a couple of weeks. International delivery from HK is very slow for me - I'm hyped already, though.

I'm really impressed with HK's 250 frame so far and this looks like a similar material/construction so I'm confident this will be very sturdy, solid and well worth the price.

btw. dat product video
Quanum Trifecta Mini Foldable Tricopter Frame - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 23 sec)
Last edited by lukim; Jan 07, 2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: edit
Jan 07, 2015, 01:13 PM
Pulled the trigger too, looks nice.
Jan 07, 2015, 01:49 PM
Me 2, Tricopters never worked for me, but Hope this one does
Jan 07, 2015, 03:15 PM
I pulled the trigger also.

Hopefully someone will post set-up specs(i.e. flight controllers, etc...) of the demo versions. I noticed from the pictures the gopro and the mobius have different motors/controllers.
Last edited by omaha_rc_flyer; Jan 07, 2015 at 03:21 PM.
Jan 07, 2015, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha_rc_flyer
I pulled the trigger also.

Hopefully someone will post set-up specs(i.e. flight controllers, etc...) of the demo versions. I noticed from the pictures the gopro and the mobius have different motors/controllers.
I'm guessing that one of them had miniAPM with follow me mode. That part of the video was great. I instantly wanted my own little flying friend to follow me around everywhere.
Jan 07, 2015, 04:40 PM
I need to look into one of them "miniAPM" and do a little research. That would be a really cool feature.
Jan 07, 2015, 04:56 PM
I am going to buy the frame and a servo. The APM idea sounds good. This seems like a copy of the Pocket drone from Kickstarter... that had an APM FC with follow me mode.
http://www.thepocketdrone.com

I ordered one and canceled from them because they were late in promise of delivery. Glad I did as this is a way cheaper option.

I am interested in knowing if anyone plans on using the max prop size of 8" and what motor setups they will be using.
Jan 07, 2015, 04:56 PM
also wondering where everything is going to mount. FC/GPS/FPV gear!
Jan 07, 2015, 05:26 PM
Ordered this morning, now on the long wait for the slow delivery boat to the UK.......
Jan 07, 2015, 05:52 PM
I ordered mine this afternoon but I want to know what are the motors mad the carbon propellers on the GoPro one. They are bigger than the other with the Baby beasts and the 6x45 props
I want to fly it with the big props it would be more stable for the GoPro
Thanks guys
Jan 07, 2015, 06:08 PM
Think I'm going to buy one and try out the Naze32, haven't used any FC's other than the KK yet so it should be fun. The only things I'm skeptical about are the weight, the yaw mechanism, and how durable those tiny little fold out landing gear are. That's why I'm waiting for people to try it out before I pull the trigger.
Jan 07, 2015, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaspen
I ordered mine this afternoon but I want to know what are the motors mad the carbon propellers on the GoPro one. They are bigger than the other with the Baby beasts and the 6x45 props
I want to fly it with the big props it would be more stable for the GoPro
Thanks guys

I think the ones shown are Blackout props, I dont know the exact size. Do some fishing around and I'm sure you can find them somewhere.