This thread is privately moderated by scale_only, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 05, 2015, 01:58 PM
Go Gondos
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

How to Double box a fragile ARF kit

Many guys are reluctant to even try shipping a arf kit,, and I understand, but this will show you how easy it is if you want to try.

First thing I did was wrap the wing and fuselage with some left over laminate floor underlayment foam I had sitting around.

Next find a box larger than the kit box, you'll never find the exact size, so to keep shipping cost down, its best to cut the box down to fit rather than stuff the box with packing.

Mark where you want to make the new folds, cut the tab where the fold will be, use the side of your work table as a break to bend the card board straight. Double it back over he other way so it will fold the right direction easier. Cut off extra and repeat with the other side,, tape it all up good and it's ready for the label

Next pray the USPS guys don't kill it

cya,
Last edited by scale_only; Dec 22, 2016 at 07:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2015, 06:24 AM
Go Gondos
Thread OP
Looks it made it to Hawaii safely,,
Jan 13, 2015, 09:02 AM
Go Gondos
Thread OP
Well the buyer paid the extra for Priority Mail, it made it there in three days,
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99938076227961

I did put fragile stickers all over it., As many know, these planes bruise very easily,, needless to say I was relieved it arrived in perfect condition..
May 08, 2015, 06:25 AM
I sold two planes to a guy in NZ. Shipping was like $80 per though. Both were balsa and both arrived in good shape.

Quick Reply