Aug 23, 2015, 02:47 PM
hot air rises...
I wanna come too. First full weekend is May 7-8th, but that is MOTHERS day. I, and perhaps others, will be out if it's that weekend. April 30 - May 1 is better
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2015, 04:33 PM
M Seid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch
I wanna come too. First full weekend is May 7-8th, but that is MOTHERS day. I, and perhaps others, will be out if it's that weekend. April 30 - May 1 is better
It is not our intention to pre-suppose what your wife or mother might want as a gift for mothers day, BUT, getting all us nerds out of the house might very well be the best gift ever!

Well let you guys know soon. We are actively coordinated with a bunch of globetrotting airplane pilots.
Aug 23, 2015, 04:35 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Quote:
Same here.

Jun
Aug 23, 2015, 04:58 PM
M Seid
Its safe to say that Mike S, and well Mike S, and well most of us have or will have the same deal when it comes to mothers day.
Aug 23, 2015, 04:59 PM
hot air rises...
I only bring it up 'cause I know this idiot CD who scheduled BSoUT on Father's day...
Aug 23, 2015, 07:03 PM
M Seid
Quote:
I only bring it up 'cause I know this idiot CD who scheduled BSoUT on Father's day...
Its not without precedent. The Polecat Challenge was on fathers day weekend.
Aug 25, 2015, 12:50 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
Dudes and lest I forget our ever loving dudettes.... It appears that the date being saved for the IHLGF includes the holiest of all holidays....MOTHERS DAY!!!

I have talked with some of the Europeans and May 14, 15, 2016 seems to be the weekend that would generate the largest positive response.

What say you all?

Mike
Aug 25, 2015, 12:59 PM
UAV Test Pilot
Build it, and they will come.

You schedule it whenever is best, Mike, and we'll be there, ready to have fun!
Aug 25, 2015, 01:17 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Works for me.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Aug 25, 2015, 01:41 PM
hot air rises...
That works for me too.
Aug 25, 2015, 02:09 PM
A different attitude to RC
That does not work for me.

OK, just kidding. I would be there no matter what the dates were.
Aug 25, 2015, 03:22 PM
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
Hey...doit!!
Aug 25, 2015, 03:32 PM
Works for me - already on my calendar.
Aug 25, 2015, 09:20 PM
M Seid
being of mostly European descent, I say that works for me.

In the meantime, the entire DLG community needs to place orders for new DLGs with Armsoar immediately. You guys can single handedly rescue the Chinese economy by purchasing 10 new DLGs from the Armsoar dudes this month.

Thomas, we are delighted with your support of the IHLGF and anything we can do to give back, we will.
Aug 25, 2015, 09:36 PM
Thank you for the plug Mike You guys can be sure there will be something nice from ArmSoar in the Raffle again!

On the other hand, I will have to sit this one out. Nick and I had a meeting over the weekend and have decided the only international comp we can go to next year is the Asia-Pacific Open. We will be spending the rest of the traveling budget we set aside to go to different parts of China where there are a dozen or so pilots and no contests, to explain the F3K rules, and organize a contest with them so they can get a feel of the event, how to run it, etc. Should be a lot of fun, but it means we will have to miss Poway!!! Sorry guys!!!

Quick Reply