Jan 30, 2015, 01:12 AM
MQ-5B Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks
I'm going to try for this one!
You need to come out, Nick. The IHLGF is an incredible contest.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2015, 01:13 AM
MQ-5B Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
I hope you all can make it. Rumor has it that Armsoar donated a DLG to the Auction! Thank you Thomas Lee!
I'll take this one further. If the winner wants, I'll build the airplane for them for no charge. They supply radio equipment, and I'll deliver it to them RTF.
Jan 30, 2015, 09:39 AM
usaf3kteam
I also am out this year. Trying to get my life back together. It is a great contest, Have fun cheers. I will make Blue Skies Colorado that will be my only out of town contest this year. I forgot China Open Rolans Sommer Memorial.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:05 AM
F3B and F3K

Booked flights, I am in!

Bummer George, you will be dearly missed.

I have just booked my flight tickets, I will come in Friday evening and fly out Sunday at 6:30pm. Under 300 bucks, nonstop and zero vacation days needed, me likey!

In the last years I flew out at 5pm on Sunday, which always ended up a hassle and super dicey to catch the plane. One time I had to rely on the plane being delayed to make it.
Just for reference if someone else is thinking about their flight bookings. 5pm is rather tight if you make or help in the fly offs...

Best,
Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Jan 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
Jan 31, 2015, 07:38 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit, I

Let the fun begin.....

If RETO and the Gorilla are in.....hmmmmm

Im In!

Last time I was in Poway we were still throwing javelin style.....and sir paul ruled....
Jan 31, 2015, 07:50 PM
M Seid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-Soar
If RETO and the Gorilla are in.....hmmmmm

Im In!

Last time I was in Poway we were still throwing javelin style.....and sir paul ruled....
Sir Paul?

I thought his nickname was Slermal Paul back then.....

Kidding! that was below the belt. I know.
Jan 31, 2015, 07:53 PM
hot air rises...
This spring is just not working out for me
Jan 31, 2015, 08:12 PM
M Seid
unacceptable.
Jan 31, 2015, 08:24 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
I hate to ask, but when is the registration going to open???

The Roster list shows the year 2015, but the name list is last year's name list. How do I know? Neither I or Terry Koplan have attempted to sign up yet.

We don't want to lose out, so we want in, sign our names up, please.

Chris
Jan 31, 2015, 08:37 PM
MQ-5B Driver
We don't have a maximum number of pilots I don't think.. so it's not like you're going to get caught out. I think Mike said he's hoping to open registration tomorrow or Monday.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:22 PM
Certifiable User
Some of us Washington guys are thinking about coming down. Where is the preferred place to stay?

Thanks,
Lee
Feb 01, 2015, 06:40 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2
I hate to ask, but when is the registration going to open???

The Roster list shows the year 2015, but the name list is last year's name list. How do I know? Neither I or Terry Koplan have attempted to sign up yet.

We don't want to lose out, so we want in, sign our names up, please.

Chris
+1. Did a 5 hour cross-country ski today in 5F weather, currently thinking it would be nice to be someplace WARM.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Feb 03, 2015, 11:36 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
I'm about 80% committed, but haven't flown to a contest yet.
Any suggestions regarding:
1) My plane box is not a sport tube, any guess as to how much United, Continental or Delta might charge me to bring it?
2) If I fedex the box, to whom? And can someone get it to the fedex place on monday?
3) Can I mooch a chair, shade and possible repair bits?
4) Do you check your transmitter or carry it on?

I think I have a connection for hotel and car, so that would be taken care of.

Thanks in advance.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Feb 03, 2015, 12:08 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Mickey,

1) oversized is usually about $100 each way
2) fedex to the Hotel and have them hold it for you. Set up your shipment with a prepaid return and you can get someone to drop it off for you.
3) TPG and others will have you covered
4) Carry on your Tx - no sense in risking it to checked baggage.

-l
Feb 03, 2015, 12:09 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Mickey it's great fun to travel to distant events! You'll have a ball!
Over the years I have flown to many contests here in the west...my suggestions:

1) Don't put TSA or ramp rats in the loop!
2) FedEx Poway open 24/7 http://local.fedex.com/ca/poway/office-2702/ I ship to a FedEx office and have them HAL (hold at location) and I pick it up personally.
3) Mike and the California Group will take care of you.
4) I have usually carried on my two transmitters but have also checked them in luggage, well padded in the middle of my suitcase...never had a problem. Only once did TSA ask to actually do a hands-on with my transmitters that I was carrying on. I don't even take them out of the day pack for Xray... I do make sure the batteries are disconnected in case the on/off switch gets bumped.

I have always used a Sport-Tube 3 and I recommend it. Many traveling DLGers use them. They are very tough.

Cheers
John

Quick Reply