Jan 23, 2015, 08:05 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Atkins
There is an RCG user who goes by "tippytoe" who was making vacuformed fuselages of the Cobra and Apache for the 120SR, but stopped because of poor sales. Perhaps if a few more people contacted him he could be persuaded to run off a batch?
Awesome. Thanks for the lead on that- I'll give him a shout!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2015, 11:28 PM
Quote:
There is an RCG user who goes by "tippytoe" who was making vacuformed fuselages of the Cobra and Apache for the 120SR, but stopped because of poor sales. Perhaps if a few more people contacted him he could be persuaded to run off a batch?
of course always dependent on price, but I would certainly be interested in one of those for my 120sr.

Do you know how long ago he/she was making them?
Jan 23, 2015, 11:34 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
You know, foam bodies work well for aircraft pulling more amps than we pull for heli's. If air can get to the ESC, a foam body would work. Take two halves of foam, form the shape, make certain there's adequate air movement to the motor, and mount the ESC on the bottom.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
of course always dependent on price, but I would certainly be interested in one of those for my 120sr.

Do you know how long ago he/she was making them?
I'm not sure how long ago he was making them, but I exchanged a few messages with him last November. He said that he still had the molds.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:39 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure how long ago he was making them, but I exchanged a few messages with him last November. He said that he still had the molds.
Are there any photo samples of what the fuse looks like on the 120sr?

Mr. Atkins, how serious are you about this? Pop me a PM if you want to chat a little. I might be up for buying another 120sr just to put this fuse on.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Are there any photo samples of what the fuse looks like on the 120sr?

Mr. Atkins, how serious are you about this? Pop me a PM if you want to chat a little. I might be up for buying another 120sr just to put this fuse on.

Well........................ I'm not obsessed by it, but I'm always interested. I prefer scale (looking) models over "performance".

I think I found some images of them somewhere in the Blade 120SR thread here on RCG, but it may have been HeliFreak. I've done a lot of searching.

There is a video on Y-T of a 120SR in a scale Jet Ranger from the larger Blade co-ax, but the model name escapes me right now. I bought one of the fuselages for about $20 + shipping, but haven't had time to do it yet.
Jan 25, 2015, 09:25 AM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Quote:
Well........................ I'm not obsessed by it, but I'm always interested. I prefer scale (looking) models over "performance".

I think I found some images of them somewhere in the Blade 120SR thread here on RCG, but it may have been HeliFreak. I've done a lot of searching.

There is a video on Y-T of a 120SR in a scale Jet Ranger from the larger Blade co-ax, but the model name escapes me right now. I bought one of the fuselages for about $20 + shipping, but haven't had time to do it yet.
The 130X is just about the perfect size. I tried the Jet Ranger for the CX2- too large for the 120. It's better for a 250 size heli.
Jan 25, 2015, 02:45 PM
To bad Master c/p has such a big tail section. good flyer. Make good platform for 250 sized bird. Add bl upgrade and good to go..hmmmmm ? I have a spare Master from buddie hmmmm!
Jan 25, 2015, 08:19 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
To bad Master c/p has such a big tail section. good flyer. Make good platform for 250 sized bird. Add bl upgrade and good to go..hmmmmm ? I have a spare Master from buddie hmmmm!
That sound like a neat idea!
Jan 26, 2015, 12:38 AM
Darth has some interesting bodies, but I don't know if anything would fit a 120SR or not. A cool Lama fuse would be a good fit.
Jan 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Today is a good day to fly
Yep, you nailed it Dan. Looks like the 200 will fit nicely. My biggest concern is the main rotor blades that came with it are about 2" longer and are for a CP machine. Might have to get another 200 so I can keep flying the stock one and have one just for the Huey.

Just finishing up a 1/12th scale motorcycle build so I'll have room on the work bench.

Anybody making rotor blades?
Jan 26, 2015, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, I was selling my fuselages and it was going quite well. I stopped the business due to a very stressfull move. It took quite a while to get back to normal,and then a few weeks after "normalizing", my Father had a second stroke.Naturally all of my free time was devoted to being there for him during his therapy and recovery. I do have all of my molds and plugs for the fuses, as I had always planned on resuming this venture. My fuselages are made to fit the 120 but they most likely could fit any mechanics around the same(ish) size. I also do nano-sized fuses. The quad thing also got me,so I'm sculpting those for vac.forming too. thanks, Bill
Jan 26, 2015, 10:41 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe
Hey guys, I was selling my fuselages and it was going quite well. I stopped the business due to a very stressfull move. It took quite a while to get back to normal,and then a few weeks after "normalizing", my Father had a second stroke.Naturally all of my free time was devoted to being there for him during his therapy and recovery. I do have all of my molds and plugs for the fuses, as I had always planned on resuming this venture. My fuselages are made to fit the 120 but they most likely could fit any mechanics around the same(ish) size. I also do nano-sized fuses. The quad thing also got me,so I'm sculpting those for vac.forming too. thanks, Bill
Do you have a website, or other way we can see what you have to offer- or a method of ordering a fuse from you? There seems to be market for your services!
Jan 27, 2015, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBob
Do you have a website, or other way we can see what you have to offer- or a method of ordering a fuse from you? There seems to be market for your services!
+1. I'd love to see your stuff, heli related that is
Jan 27, 2015, 01:01 AM
My website is gone but I'll post a few pics of my stuff here, then get things rolling again soon.

Quick Reply