Sep 16, 2019, 03:49 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley
I pop in and out, to see what you guys are up to. I felt like I was posting stuff that that did not fit this thread anymore, what with moving up to the 600. I will say I have found that bigger, really is better.

Jim
Glad to see you are still around and flying.

I guess once I actually fly my 500, and then find a donor 500 for the AirWolf body, I might kinda be able to bother you over there in the big bird land. AirWolf is kinda scale ..... isn't it?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley
I pop in and out, to see what you guys are up to. I felt like I was posting stuff that that did not fit this thread anymore, what with moving up to the 600. I will say I have found that bigger, really is better. :
Glad to see youíre still busy with helis Jim. I havenít gone bigger, in fact Iíve actually sold my 600 size birds and most of the others. I still have my micro Bell 47, Hughes 300 and the 230ís, but everything else is gone.
Sep 17, 2019, 12:27 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Have four scale builds I need to get on with .......
no spare time is the problem of late......
Oct 04, 2019, 09:14 PM
Visited the Midway CV-41 today in San Diego .

Huey gunship on the deck ! ? B variant ???

Twin 50 s ? rather than the Gatling.
And mounts for the crew side door guns.

Awesome exhibit to visit
Oct 04, 2019, 10:04 PM
Found an awesome reference for the armaments, holy smoke was there allot of subsystems !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S....ent_subsystems
Oct 05, 2019, 12:13 AM
You just need to watch a few Stallone films, I think everything he flew heli wise had every armament system available attached. Especially the Hind lookalike in Rambo III.
Oct 05, 2019, 04:24 AM
My name is Naga
Nice pictures Craig. Thanks for posting them, they will be a useful reference.

SilverSport - these days they would be flying a real Hind in those movies. The USA picked up a few from either Iraq or Afghanistan, cannot remember which off hand. I think the guys flying them have been quite impressed.

If you use Phoenix Sim, check out the Hind model I posted recently.
Oct 05, 2019, 06:08 PM
I might have to blow the dust of of my copy of Phoenix.

I don't seem to get into RF Sim enough. Been throwing around the nS2, but will need some serious sim time before doing the same with the M2 that will be shipping soon. I tried a flip with the 130S today, I was what I thought was 3 mistakes high, it turned out to be 1.33 mistakes high. Guess I should try that in 100% IU mode. Well tomorrow is another day.

Quick Reply