Jan 05, 2015, 10:51 AM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Oh Erdnuckle, I feel your pain.

I did a bad thing. I fired up that SR last night to check for CG and flyability. It tipped backward at half throttle, so I hit hold and "THWACK" right through the @#$%^&* tail. Cracks went into the main part of the fuselage. Tears, bitter tears. No- I'm not up to taking pictures.

I knew well that the SR has the potential to droop the blades and take out the tail boom, but OHHH, I was going to be careful.

Lesson learned? DONT put a scale body that has a tail on an SR! I've never had a tail strike on my Honey Bee King- so that'll be my next project once I get over the SR blunder.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2015, 11:57 AM
had the same thing when i put the srx 200 into the same shell,worked ok until i did a fast dive , ou pull up there was a clip /clank sound and the horizontal stb flutered down , still us it but removed the rear section,the problem was the tail boom i had to make to fit the shell, was to near to the blades
Jan 05, 2015, 02:21 PM
Youtube skycop216

Mcpx v1 MD500

This was from several years back on an older brushed MCPX V1. Fuse bought from: http://darthdrk.4t.com/

Did not fly that bad, the brushless V2 would probably be a lot better though.

A friend of mine built the below Bell 47 (I believe a 1/35 scale kit, not sure and I do not have and will not have access to any of the build information or further details) around a stock MCPX brushed V1 as well. It flew but was very low on power and short flight times. Again the newer brushless one would be the ticket.

David.

MCPX MD500 (2 min 28 sec)
Jan 05, 2015, 04:48 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Very nice, thanks for sharing. Your MCPX looks awesome!

Darth has some nice fuselages that I've drooled over many a night. The price has kept me away. I' m considering trying out one of his HBK2 models.

After this last project, I won't dump any money into a scale fuselage that includes a tail for the SR. Too high a risk of tail wackage!

I love my brushed V1 and V2 MCPX's- I'm definitely going to try scaling one of them. I have seen the Youtube of the Bell 47, and a build page. For me, even if it's a 3 minute battery run it would be worth it!
Jan 06, 2015, 01:06 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
Here's a scale body of an MD500 on the cheap if anyone is interested. The heli is a 450 size but I've seen a guy put this body on an MJX F49 heli.

http://www.banggood.com/buy/Fx070c.html
Jan 07, 2015, 03:15 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Decent looking- I wonder how heavy it is though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713
Here's a scale body of an MD500 on the cheap if anyone is interested. The heli is a 450 size but I've seen a guy put this body on an MJX F49 heli.

http://www.banggood.com/buy/Fx070c.html
Jan 07, 2015, 04:22 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBob
I tell you tomorrow

not to quote myself ... but I got it quicker ...
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Jan 07, 2015 at 05:46 PM.
Jan 07, 2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
The body itself is very light yet the plastic is flexible and not paper thin like you often see. The details are realistic with rivets that stick out. The appearance is stunning! I took off the side pods to give it a much cleaner look. Here are some pictures of mine and a video of me flying it.

FX070C Another day of fun in the sun (6 min 25 sec)
Jan 07, 2015, 11:02 PM
Tinkering is Science
Thread OP
Wow! Looks awesome! I saw that the parts are sold separately. Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't have a chance to add it all up...what's the price to get all the pieces?
Jan 08, 2015, 02:29 AM
I don't know, you could ask E2. I think he bought all parts to build a bnf.
Jan 08, 2015, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Wow! Looks awesome! I saw that the parts are sold separately. Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't have a chance to add it all up...what's the price to get all the pieces?
That really depends on what "all the pieces" means. If you consider a complete scratchbuild of THIS EXACT heli out of parts ... dont do it, or the scratch build will cost you clearly more than the RTF (except of course, it is ONLY about the scratch build and money is NOT an issue.)

Otherwise, would you only want the shell and put your own frame from a different heli in, or if you want to use all parts of this one ... except the electronics for example.

The shell itself is pretty inexpensive (and 117g, in case you did not yet get a chance to check out my picture ...), but as soon as you start adding other parts, it starts to add up ... well, the usual ...

I have another one of the FX birds (fX076C - micro heli 100size) so I had the TX already ... and I did not want the charger or battery either - but if I had bought ALL the other parts, it would still be basically the same as the RTF.
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jan 08, 2015, 10:54 AM

V930 anyone??

I happened to stumble upon THIS during my youtube expedition last night ...:

V930 modified UH-1D Iroquois fuselage (1/48 Italeri) (2 min 7 sec)

any comments??

Jan 08, 2015, 11:38 AM
Here is another variant of above (almost)
MCP-X Scale Huey UH-1 (3 min 20 sec)
Jan 08, 2015, 11:42 AM
V930 - fuselage doesn't look like it was well put together, tail has different shades. Details weren't all that great. I would call it a "monet" looks good from far away, until you get close, it becomes a mess.

MCP-X - that one looks killer!

E2 - keep us posted on your 070 build.
Jan 08, 2015, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713
V930 - fuselage doesn't look like it was well put together, tail has different shades. Details weren't all that great. I would call it a "monet" looks good from far away, until you get close, it becomes a mess.

MCP-X - that one looks killer!

E2 - keep us posted on your 070 build.
Well, one is clearly finished (mcpx) the other one does not look to me like the builder was completely done yet ... (and the camera work did not really help to better the impression.) I posted the V930 video because I have one of these (and they need clearly more space for the frame than the mcpx)

But AS we are already in the "killer looks" comparisons, how about THIS one??
(and opposed to the video (and the Revell plastic model kit, which is surely quite heavy) this one is lighter (I take bets ...) plus [b]you get the actual instructions on HOW to "install" your mcpx inside the fuse WITH IT!!!
(not sure if that would be worth double the price of the revell kit to anyone else, but it would be to me ... !!

ooooops ... here is the link:
http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...190/Itemid,43/

RE: my FX070 scratch build ...
I am not a single step further yet - I got the 2nd BG package with the main frame parts and rotor assembly ... another one that needed ONLY a little more than a MONTH to be delivered ... but I did not start assembling yet (once I do, I will have a few interesting news (one of which I already posted for PonyMan ... the BOL swash seems to be a 100% replacement part for the stock FX070C swash ... and it is still available "locally" - so there's no need to rely on BG for "emergency help" ... as emergency means soon - not within a month or two ... ...)

Quick Reply