FPV goggles or screen - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 04, 2015, 05:23 AM
Crash With A Crowd
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00
looks like a good budget option, has any one tried this setup before?
i have. it was amazing for the price, then i upgraded to googles and keep the screen for friends to come and watch me fly
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2015, 02:23 PM
emergencymonkey
So if I'm leaning towards a goggle set, kind of an all-in-one package, what is a set that is easy to record with? I can't seem to figure it out. I look at the Teleporter v3 and see the little camera has a microusb slot but no mention of that in the descriptions. How do these packages typically record the video feed?

Thanks again for all of the responses!!!
Jan 05, 2015, 02:44 AM
with my Dominator V2's its as easy as installing a micro SD card, pressing the record button then it saves to a AVI file. 
one thing i must say i got real tired of FPV fast in the beginning because of all the set up time required EG:

turn up at the field, unpack all the fpv gear, plug in receivers, set up antennas, set up cables and batteries, set up TV or glasses, test diversity's, set up DVR etc etc etc

with the new generation fatsharks ( or maybe the skyzone's ) its as simple as turn on your video glasses hit record and off you go and i find the 5.8 600mw gets me 3km alone with just clover leaf antennas and thats more than enough to get one into trouble
Jan 05, 2015, 04:48 PM
emergencymonkey
I really want something simple to set up, but who doesn't. Plus simple means something different to everyone. What I am looking for is a camera that records probably through microSD if that is cheaper that goggles that have a DVR. What version of fatshark might that be? Obviously range is to be taken into consideration but at least for now, not as important.
Jan 05, 2015, 05:25 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
turn up at the field, unpack all the fpv gear, plug in receivers, set up antennas, set up cables and batteries, set up TV or glasses, test diversity's, set up DVR etc etc etc

+2
That is why I threw away all of my Tripods....
quick deployment is the way to go!
Setting up tripod Groundstations' is the worse when FPV'ing
(....for me atleast)

best thing I ever bought (down below).
One button powers everything!
Ultra 1 3GHZ ground station (6 min 41 sec)
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 05, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
Jan 05, 2015, 05:47 PM
I recently purchased some Dominator V2 goggles. I really love flying with goggles. But I still like flying with my simple ground station that I have put together last year. It works great, especially when I bring people to my flying spot. They love it.

Jan 05, 2015, 09:24 PM
emergencymonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria
I recently purchased some Dominator V2 goggles. I really love flying with goggles. But I still like flying with my simple ground station that I have put together last year. It works great, especially when I bring people to my flying spot. They love it.

simple ground station Looks like something the NFL refs use to review replays.