May 17, 2004, 09:16 AM
RCAPA #005

Pocketcam X and Video Editing Software

I decided to strap the Pocketcam X on my Multiplex Cargo B17 and it really turned out well. On the down side, the video needs editing and for some reason when I try to edit with Pinnacle Studio 8, it errors out when I got to generate the finished file. The error claims it is an unsupported frame rate.

I haven't tried other editing software yet, but has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

The most important thing I learned was that to shoot video well, one must be a smoooooth pilot.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2004, 12:48 PM
Veni, Vidi, Fragoris
Try rendering to a different type of file.... I don't know what the framerate on the X is but most of my digital cameras capture at 15 fps... some codecs may expect 29.97 or 30 fps.

Alternately you could use something like VirtualDub to render it to a standard AVI file before you bring it in for editing, if that doesn't work.

Chris
May 17, 2004, 08:21 PM
I have the PocketCamX, and I just tried editing and saving the .avi.

I use ULEAD video studio, and had no problems with it.

--Scott
May 18, 2004, 12:06 PM
RCAPA #005
I'll try the ULead stuff- then see if Pinnacle will work... I really dig the Pinnacle effects and background music generation etc.

Main thing it that I don't want anyone to see the first two attempts to get up to takeoff speed where the plane nosed over in the bumpy grass.