This thread is privately moderated by GBLynden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 02, 2015, 01:10 AM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Discussion

Nano-Tech 35-70C 600mAh Lipo Test - E-Flite UMX B-17 Flying Fortress

This is the second of two videos comparing how two different batteries made my E-flite UMX B-17 fly. Each flight took place within about 10 minutes of each other in nearly identical conditions, which was very calm air with the wind changing direction slightly with the temperature in the low 30's.

Note: Trying to fly this with the stock battery was a very hairy situation each time I tried it due to the CG being WAY off out of the box.

This is my the Nano-Tech 600mAh:
Nano-Tech 35-70C 600mAh Lipo Test - E Flite UMX B-17 Flying Fortress Bomber with AS3X Technology (2 min 48 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2015, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
This is the second of two videos comparing how two different batteries made my E-flite UMX B-17 fly. Each flight took place within about 10 minutes of each other in nearly identical conditions, which was very calm air with the wind changing direction slightly with the temperature in the low 30's.

Note: Trying to fly this with the stock battery was a very hairy situation each time I tried it due to the CG being WAY off out of the box.

This is my the Nano-Tech 600mAh:
http://youtu.be/SJK6llRDkyw
Hi GB,

I noticed you're different batteries! 600 Mah nano-tech looks good, do the regular ESC/motor handle that? No overheating? Must i be careful with throttle can you go WOT all the time with that big a battery?

I think you mentioned a temperature at some point? How are you measuring that in that small fuselage?

One more question, did you attach a new battery connector for the larger lipo or did it have one compatible with the E-flite plug?

Thanks for any help!
Jan 08, 2015, 01:11 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Hey man!

I made no mods to the plane and just used the JST adapter to UMX to make this battery work. I did the same thing with my Hyperion 550 too.

Regarding temp, that was the outside temp, which was in the low 30's F.

I hope that helps!

GB
Jan 02, 2016, 11:10 AM

Link to battery and adapter

Do you have a link to the battery and adapter?
Jan 02, 2016, 08:29 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I think this is the right adapter and I don't have the battery one handy, but this adapter should increase your battery options greatly

Quick Reply