May 16, 2004, 09:11 PM
De-Brushed user

Good hobby shops in Ft. Lauderdale

Hi. Next week i will be in Florida for almost a full week, around Ft. Lauderdale mostly I think, maybe Orlando too. My dad has a business trip. What/where are the good hobby shops in the area? Im only into electrics and hand-launch gliders, if that narrows it down. I think i will be staying at the Westin in Ft. L., so if it is in walking distance of there that would be awesome, but I can catch a cab or maybe rent a bike too. Thanks,
Jonathan
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2004, 11:33 PM
Registered Taranis User
The two big hobby shops in Fort Lauderdale are Warrick Custom Hobbies and R. C. Hobbies.
Latest blog entry: Taranis: Aileron-To-Rudder Mix.
May 28, 2004, 03:28 PM
De-Brushed user
Thanks for the info, Mike. I went to WCH, and that is a really nice place with a good atmosphere. When I walked in, there were a couple Hummingbirds being worked on, and even being flown in the store, and alot of really cool stuff. I ended up buying a Phoenix Link and some Dubro micro EZ connectors. I accidentally threw away the connectors, though, but am already using the PHlink. Also, my dad was really impressed with the little helicopters, and I think he may have ended up buying me a Corona or Hummingbird for my b-day coming up. But then I had to go to Disney land with my mom and sister I would rather have taken all the money I wasted there and bought a cheap airplane to go fly on the beach where my dad was staying for business , but that plan was a no-go with the parentals.
Jonathan