Dec 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Discussion

RunCam SKY HD is in debug phase now. Coming soon!

================================================== ===================
RunCam HD Advanced settings and best settings, thanks for Casey101 sharing us this video:

RunCam HD Advanced settings and best settings (12 min 33 sec)

================================================== ===================
What's up? Runcam HD is in internal-test now. It has the features of HD 1080P, wide angle, AV out, light weight and small sizi. Besides, it will be very cost-effective!

After the internal-test, we will send out some sampls to people who gave us suggestion.

Best Regards,
Bob

Link: http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-hd/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RunCam/

RunCam SKY HD FPV Camera Internal Testing (3 min 2 sec)
Last edited by RunCam; Jan 21, 2016 at 01:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2014, 01:51 AM
Looks great!, what's the weight of the camera?
Dec 30, 2014, 08:09 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries321
Looks great!, what's the weight of the camera?
Hi, about 40g
Dec 30, 2014, 07:45 PM
Ok So why would I want to use your camera?
I can use my FPV camera and a , say Mobius and do the same thing.
Also,, how good will the video out look in my goggles ?
What about how it will handle dark and light on the video out side to my goggles?
These are unanswered question at this time.
DanT
Dec 31, 2014, 07:37 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
Ok So why would I want to use your camera?
I can use my FPV camera and a , say Mobius and do the same thing.
Also,, how good will the video out look in my goggles ?
What about how it will handle dark and light on the video out side to my goggles?
These are unanswered question at this time.
DanT
hi, SKY HD is more cost-effective.
Jan 08, 2015, 04:24 AM
Cable ties & ductape
There's a few things that is really needed in HD cams, that always gets ignored or lied about.
True 60 fps in 1080, quick contrasting (not sure on the technical name) when going from light to dark, or looking at the sun for instance and still being able to see the details in the shadows. Light weight is another good factor. And FPV, a reliable AV out, =]
Jan 08, 2015, 08:34 AM
Seems i just got an offer to test this camera out through fpvlab (Im Xerx over there).
Looking forward to putting it through its paces on my 250 multirotor.
Last edited by Xermalk; Jan 08, 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Jan 08, 2015, 04:39 PM
Yeah, more technical details of the current product will help us to suggest you what need to be improved.
Would like to have one in hands for test and comparison.
Jan 09, 2015, 07:40 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
Seems i just got an offer to test this camera out through fpvlab (Im Xerx over there).
Looking forward to putting it through its paces on my 250 multirotor.

.Aha, i am the guy who gave you that offer!

Bob
Jan 09, 2015, 10:25 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
There's a few things that is really needed in HD cams, that always gets ignored or lied about.
True 60 fps in 1080, quick contrasting (not sure on the technical name) when going from light to dark, or looking at the sun for instance and still being able to see the details in the shadows. Light weight is another good factor. And FPV, a reliable AV out, =]
I'll be testing all these when mine gets here for review! Keep the suggestions coming on what you want to see guys!
Jan 10, 2015, 05:14 AM
Well, first of all we need aerodynamic form factor. Mobius in the same time has a very good form factor for FPV use comparing it to GoPro.
Quick if auto or manual exposure.
And no lag in AV out.
Jan 10, 2015, 05:20 AM
Why is everyone talking about av out, its a very small minority that actually uses that feature for anything but focusing the lens.

Most run with dedicated ccd boardcams, that can handle direct sunlight much better then a cmos sensor.
I would never, ever use a cmos sensor on something flying low like a 250 or 450 sized multirotor, or plane.

Its also near impossible to have lag free av out, as the camera is recording & processing digitally, and has to convert that to a analogue signal.
Its not a question about no lag, but more how much .
Jan 10, 2015, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
Why is everyone talking about av out, its a very small minority that actually uses that feature for anything but focusing the lens.

Most run with dedicated ccd boardcams, that can handle direct sunlight much better then a cmos sensor.
I would never, ever use a cmos sensor on something flying low like a 250 or 450 sized multirotor, or plane.

Its also near impossible to have lag free av out, as the camera is recording & processing digitally, and has to convert that to a analogue signal.
Its not a question about no lag, but more how much .
Because weight is important. I have also found that I can not fly with möbius as flight cam, but why if there will by a camera on the market that perform the same as board cam but will also record hd video?
Jan 10, 2015, 05:31 AM
I see what you want, i just dont think its going to happen on a camera that costs less then what a gopro does. Its going to need a very expensive cmos sensor and really fast image processor.

Anyone want to see the camera tested on something specific? Iv got a quad, airplane and car(with some seriously stiff shocks) i can test it on in 2-3 weeks.
Feb 10, 2015, 06:05 AM
Looking forward to testing this out

Quick Reply