Oct 28, 2018, 02:38 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I won one of these at our float fly last year.

A very pretty mini/micro rendition of the Scout. Not for beginners. Not a good choice for scale- like flying

I actually like it quite a bit, though. It is fast and very groovy with no bad habits if set up properly, as long as you keep the speed up. Have not tried it on floats.

Had to reinforce the landing gear mount to survive contact with the grass when landing on grass.

It excels at snap rolls, the on-purpose ones, especially at high speed. Has enough inertia to tumble nicely if you cross the controls during the snap rolls and can do a nice lomcevak.

Great fun in its own way as long as you do not pretend it is something that it is not.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2019, 10:33 AM

Questions!?

Hiya chaps, I had a client (drug run-chasing Dash8 crew!) pay for their artwork in PayPal money and having just celebrated a birthday I decided to spoil myself with this little gem.

I read through every post on this thread and saw how the question about a suitable replacement motor has been completely ignored - I HOPE I GET AN ANSWER HERE, the site where I ordered the model automatically lead me to this 3000kv motor for which I can find no decent info or specs other than itís Kv which the Scout is supposed to be a match for. Is it suitable? What ESC would you recommend (Amperage)??

[US$9.44]XK X520 2.4G 6CH FPV RC Airplane Spare Part 1307 3000KV CCW Motor RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/5o3PTC42b0

I could t get any answers from Banggood but does anyone know if the Kit version comes with props and hardware?

Iím quite looking forward to this it is a fairly scale representation of a subject I have a love affair with, although I initially thought I would dress her up as a classic yellow or green starburst Decathlon, having read up on the slightly nippy performance in reviews I am thinking of going STOL, oversize tundra wheels, a fixed leading edge slat, flap mod and then to try lighten the airframe without compromising her good looks. Iíll show you the result if youíre interested - but first please answer my questions 🤣
Sep 22, 2019, 10:42 AM

Decisions, decisions??

I love the Decathlon but a few SToL mods on this thing will be a hell of a lot of fun
Sep 23, 2019, 10:10 AM
AeroDan
Just dreaming probably, but what are the chances of this being reissued? The AresRC Decathlon is flawed through & through, from what I read.
Sep 24, 2019, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Just dreaming probably, but what are the chances of this being reissued? The AresRC Decathlon is flawed through & through, from what I read.
https://www.banggood.com/Nicesky-Dec...r_warehouse=CN
Oct 02, 2019, 03:50 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
They also had a couple of them at Pegasus Hobbies last time I was there. Being in Ontario you're probably familiar with Pegasus.

Quick Reply