Thread Tools
May 23, 2019, 05:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by es3D printing
That thing is is handling very well. I tried a 32mm 1.4 and it's all over the place. Did you cut the original rudder mount off? I ended up 3d printing a mount and adding longe printed trim tabs to help get it under control. On AirDOGGe suggestion I pushed the esc further in the nose and it helped a little.
Yes, I cut the rudder (with dremel).
See the pictures.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2019, 02:16 AM
Just Plane Nutts
AirDOGGe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by es3D printing
Did you cut the original rudder mount off? I ended up 3d printing a mount and adding longer printed trim tabs to help get it under control.

Just a little shaving with an X-Acto knife and my aluminum rudder strut dropped in right between the original rudder post mounts: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=9264817
May 24, 2019, 06:54 AM
Registered User
Hi, this video from another angle is possible to see better my Ft012.


RC Boat FeiLun FT012 (1 min 12 sec)
May 24, 2019, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
Hi, this video from another angle is possible to see better my Ft012.


https://youtu.be/IscVI986zCw
That looks a little more bouncy like mine does with the larger prop (32/1.4). With the stock prop back on I seem to get spray coming off further forward on the boat near the cooling discharge than in your video. Should I be looking for the bal to be more like yours?
May 24, 2019, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by es3D printing
That looks a little more bouncy like mine does with the larger prop (32/1.4). With the stock prop back on I seem to get spray coming off further forward on the boat near the cooling discharge than in your video. Should I be looking for the bal to be more like yours?
I will not know how to answer this, but do a test with this propeller here: Octura x632

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=oct-x632

Then you regulate the fins to more speed or to more stability.
I also believe the jet of water different by the propeller model, type and position of the fins. You use aluminum fins, the water jet will be different (I think it's a lot better than the original I use - plastic).
May 24, 2019, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
I will not know how to answer this, but do a test with this propeller here: Octura x632

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=oct-x632

Then you regulate the fins to more speed or to more stability.
I also believe the jet of water different by the propeller model, type and position of the fins. You use aluminum fins, the water jet will be different (I think it's a lot better than the original I use - plastic).
The water discharge/spray I'm referring to is coming from closer to the bow just in front of the discharge of the motor cooling port. I'll see if I can get a camera operator to take video. Although I do get a significantly larger roost with mine at speed than in your video. Wish I had a speedometer for it to see what it's running.
May 24, 2019, 08:17 AM
Registered User
SKYRC GSM-015 GNSS GPS Speed Meter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...8-e01d12117a47


Mine is old version (v10 - GSM-010). I think version 15 is better.
May 24, 2019, 08:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
SKYRC GSM-015 GNSS GPS Speed Meter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...8-e01d12117a47


Mine is old version (v10 - GSM-010). I think version 15 is better.
$65, let me rephrase that. I wish I knew someone who had one near me.
May 24, 2019, 08:44 AM
Registered User
NEDan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
Hi NEDan,

You can use Octura X430 or X432.
Remember that you need to sharpen and polish.
Here's a lot of information to do: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...hp?albumid=991
If you can not, use an TFL aluminum 3214.

Another factor, I was with a very heavy battery (2800 mah), I believe that original battery will get better.
You can also use Octura X632 and to improve stability change position "turn fins".
Thanks Marcos,
I have the maroon Barbwire 3214 prop seen in 3D's post and it seems to cavitate or at least plane later than the stock hard plastic replacement that it came with. Not sure why? As a result I just might try a 30 and or 32mm OSE glass filled https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...se-2bld-3.17mm they're cheap enough.
Last edited by NEDan; May 24, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
May 24, 2019, 10:19 AM
Registered User
Hi NEDan,

This model 32 (32mm Diameter, Pitch 1.4x32=44.8mm or 1.76" total pitch) should look similar to the one that comes with the boat. The propeller that comes with the boat runs more than 40/41km.
The aluminum propellers (32 Pitch 1.4) have a small gain (43/45 km).
I also tested aluminum propellers (32 Pitch 1.9) did not work (43km).
Only octura x632 (very sharp and polished) ran in 50/51km.
May 26, 2019, 04:56 PM
Just Plane Nutts
AirDOGGe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by es3D printing
That looks a little more bouncy like mine does with the larger prop (32/1.4). With the stock prop back on I seem to get spray coming off further forward on the boat near the cooling discharge than in your video. Should I be looking for the bal to be more like yours?

Balance should be at 30% to 40% of the total length of the hull as measured from the stern.

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...epnt-ft012.jpg

Turn fins should be raised until they barely touch the water on straight line runs, if touch at all. They are not "stabilizers" and should not be used as such due to the excessive drag they will create and the push-bow-down forces they will induce.

If the boat is balanced and the fins are up, but it's still not getting up on plane properly, try raising the trim tabs a bit to lift the bow.

Proper running attitude (stock trim tabs):




Last edited by AirDOGGe; May 26, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
Jun 03, 2019, 08:01 PM
Registered User
Have two FT012s with identical setups - blue esc with external black esc.

Boat a is insanely fast.

Boat b runs at about 60% speed.

When I bind boat bs transmitter to boat a, boat as Throttle is reversed.

When I bind boat as transmitter to boat b, the motor seems to run at normal speed.

I know there have been a few posts about wires in transmitters being mixed up, not sure if that is my issue?

Any input would be appreciated!

Jarrett
Jun 04, 2019, 12:40 AM
Just Plane Nutts
AirDOGGe's Avatar
Sounds like it IS your issue. Some TXs were sold with throttles reversed.


For the (B) boat/transmitter that runs forward at 60%, you will need to cut and re-solder 2 wires within the transmitter to reverse the direction signals sent to the ESC from the trigger throttle.

This fix makes the motor run 100% backwards when you give full forward throttle, so you then unplug and swap any 2 of the 3 brushless motor wires running to the ESC to reverse it's direction to the correct one.

(originally from post #1445)



A third no-solder fix not mentioned in the image would be to follow the red and blue wires from the trigger pot to the white connector on the circuit board, unplug that connector, remove and swap the places of the 2 contacts in it and then plug the connector back into the board.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jun 04, 2019 at 12:51 AM.
Jun 05, 2019, 08:48 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Sounds like it IS your issue. Some TXs were sold with throttles reversed.


For the (B) boat/transmitter that runs forward at 60%, you will need to cut and re-solder 2 wires within the transmitter to reverse the direction signals sent to the ESC from the trigger throttle.

This fix makes the motor run 100% backwards when you give full forward throttle, so you then unplug and swap any 2 of the 3 brushless motor wires running to the ESC to reverse it's direction to the correct one.

(originally from post #1445)



A third no-solder fix not mentioned in the image would be to follow the red and blue wires from the trigger pot to the white connector on the circuit board, unplug that connector, remove and swap the places of the 2 contacts in it and then plug the connector back into the board.
Did the swapping of the two pin connectors, took a few minutes and no soldering was required. That did the trick, thanks!!
Jul 02, 2019, 05:17 PM
Registered User
FT012 on 4S. 4000kv green motor and FT011 ESC.
Feilun FT012- [email protected] 4000KV GREEN MOTOR (3 min 35 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools